General Queue Times Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig, 12th Apr 2021.

1. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    Rita will be on two trains, it’s the worst throughput wise one can assume and the hydraulics might struggle in the heat causing downtime and then big queues

Skyscraper and Ethan like this.
  2. MakoMania

MakoMania TowersStreet Member

Rita’s staff have been overly generous towards fastrack & RAP queues in comparison with other coasters from my experience this season.

Skyscraper likes this.
  3. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    They're basically forced to because the capacity is so bad. The merge host is in a no-win situation - they've got a main queue that hardly moves, a long queue of fastrack who have supposedly paid for priority access and a long RAP queue who are supposed to be waiting "virtually". Every person waiting resents everyone else but especially the merge host.

It they got closer to the theoretical capacity it'd be less of an issue as they could significantly increase the numbers getting on from main queue without affecting FT/RAP allocations. Unfortunately it just seems to run really inefficiently and has done for years - as I result I pretty much only ever ride first thing in the morning before it's had a chance to build up a queue..

Towers jamie, Alsty and Skyscraper like this.
  4. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

Will be interesting to see what the queues are like tommorow given that social distancing won't be enforced. Wonder what difference there will be with the capacity too

5. Skyscraper

Skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Some rides will be keepiing the current rstrictions, but we don't know which yet. Also, do we think masks will still be required on all rides, certain rides, or none at all?

6. Danscott22

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    I just checked the app to find this out and the message that requires masks for over 11s has been removed from each ride description, so it looks like none at all to answer your question!

Last edited: 19th Jul 2021
  7. Ethan

That means you can go on the front row of the smiler now @Skyscraper so no wussing out the next time you go!

Skyscraper likes this.
  8. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Yes Smiler will be my first stop when I next go! :)

Just looked on the website and it hasn't been updated yet. Fantastic news if it's confirmed though! :)

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Jul 2021
    Danscott22 likes this.
  9. Ethan

Masks are recommended not mandatory

Skyscraper likes this.
  10. Maelstrom

Maelstrom TowersStreet Member

I was there yesterday and there was no enforcement of masks. We were generally the odd ones out wearing them (in cases where we felt uncormtable with proximity to others) so prob had 2 or 3 people on rides wearing them. Plus zero social distancing in queues, we would keep distance from party in front but most others weren’t and people would came right behind us.

We still had a great day despite this as knew it was likely, so no wonder it’s on the rise. They need to sort RAP out though as although queue times ok, wicker man, oblivion and smiler in particular the main queue moved slow, so what should be 20-30 mins turns into 40-50 mins. I get the need for it for certain situations but it’s now clearly being abused.

I also assume some staffing issues effected a couple of rides as Oblivion on one station, mixed with Rap and fast track less than one row per shuttle came from the main queue. Despite Rap slowing queues I thought the teams on Most rides where working hard on throughputs yesterday.

Last edited: 19th Jul 2021
    Matt N and Skyscraper like this.
  11. Danscott22

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    Hex is a walk on, something it has not been at 1pm for the last year, so can it be assumed it’s now not being batched at the door?

Skyscraper, NuttySquirrel and Matt N like this.
  12. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Apparently they are only batching at the door during busy periods now. :)

13. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

I've not been since the pandemic, so can't say for today. But pre-pandemic, I would go straight onto Oblivion after doing the Smiler as it is next to it, then over to Rita and Thirteen (not necessarily in that order), then get yourself over to Nemesis and Air (again not necessarily in that order). I try and do all the big coasters first thing when they are walk on or have queues less than 20 mins. I usually aim to get them done before lunch and then worry about doing the rest of the park. I will only enter queues if they are 20 mins or less (I may stretch that to 30 mins on a busy day).

Skyscraper likes this.
  14. George Williams

George Williams TowersStreet Member

I'm assuming the reason the queues are going dead in the evenings lately is because this heatwave is making it a bit unbearable?

Skyscraper likes this.
  15. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Is it school trip season? Coaches leave before the end of the day.

Skyscraper likes this.
  16. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

School holidays start this Thursday 22nd for Staffordshire, so there might be some trips, but I expect most would have been last week.

17. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

There’s been school trips the past few weeks, but no where near as bad as previous years. Towers have also capped the amount of trips allowed this year because of capacity issues.

jon81uk and Skyscraper like this.
  18. JAperson

JAperson TowersStreet Member

Most school trips happened a few weeks ago, the majority of schools are now on summer holidays.

19. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Many school areas have broken up - but both Staffordshire and Derbyshire, the closest school areas to Towers don’t finish until today, so there would still have been demand for school trips this week.

JAperson and Skyscraper like this.
  20. Skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Yorkshire and Lincolnshire both break up today as well.

JAperson and AT86 like this.