• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gröna Lund: General Discussion

We'll see. B&M have really toned down the positive G force on these models over the last 20 years. Maybe this will buck the trend.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I’m legitimately amazed by how Grona Lund fit this coaster in; building any coaster in their confined space looks akin to trying to fit a square through a circular hole, but somehow, they’ve done it!

The coaster layout itself looks great, too!

That's a thing of beauty. B&M really have done something incredible there given the space.

Still my number 1 manufacturer. Can't wait to get back to the place in the future.

The video seemed to want to make a big thing of the roar at the end there, but there's not much of one to speak of. Presumably being in the middle of a city it's packed with sand to avoid winding up the park's neighbours.

It looks fine, frankly. Probably good fun and a decent addition to the park's lineup. I don't think it's going to become the standout ride in a park that currently doesn't have one, but then I'm not sure it needs to - the existing lineup is impressively good quality in general, especially given the space available, so I've been wanting to go back even without this.

The video seemed to want to make a big thing of the roar at the end there, but there's not much of one to speak of. Presumably being in the middle of a city it's packed with sand to avoid winding up the park's neighbours.

It looks fine, frankly. Probably good fun and a decent addition to the park's lineup. I don't think it's going to become the standout ride in a park that currently doesn't have one, but then I'm not sure it needs to - the existing lineup is impressively good quality in general, especially given the space available, so I've been wanting to go back even without this.

In terms of their coasters it's a clear standout.

Just depends how much value you put on drop towers and flat rides tbh. I don't mind a drop tower tbh but I'd never pick one over a B&M invert, even a small compact one.

After being disappointed with the last two "new" inverts I rode, I am certainly not having high expectations of this - but hopefully it'll be a good, fun ride - with some punch.

Of course, the park looked good without this and is definitely somewhere I intend to get to. This and Energylandia are the two in Europe I really need to hit.

Monster has now had its first human riders. Among them was a Swedish enthusiast, who has given the ride a very good review indeed!

If you want to watch his review and the moments the first human riders rode it, here’s his video:

His review sounds very promising!

Looks awesome, I didn't realise it was going to have the the 'traditional' restraints, was expecting to see vests.

Interesting how B&M do new things and then go back to the old, happened a few times. Not sure if that's down to the preference of the purchasing park, or an admission from B&M didn't work so well.

Interesting how B&M do new things and then go back to the old, happened a few times. Not sure if that's down to the preference of the purchasing park, or an admission from B&M didn't work so well.

The older trains don’t need as much clearance as the vest style trains. I reckon it was a one off due to how little space the park has.

It would seem that B&M can sometimes experiment with new concepts and then return back to their old ways at times, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they are perhaps making the vest restraints less prevalent again. There’s certainly a precedent for it; for example, all of their hyper coasters built between 2008 and 2012 had staggered seating, and then all of the ones built since (the gigas, Mako, Candymonium, Music Roller Coaster) have all returned to the traditional train design.

However, this could also just be down to park preference. Other B&M models are still very much utilising the vest restraints; for example, Emperor, SeaWorld San Diego’s brand new dive coaster, is utilising vest restraints.

They're hardly flying off the shelves so we might have to wait a while to find out ! I didn't mind the restraints on Banshee, they just felt a bit different.

It could be like the trains with the staggered seating on the Hypers, very prevalent for a short time - then everyone went back to the original trains, Giga or Hyper.

Edit - What @Matt N said.

It's a shame it isn't a standard POV to give a real sense of the speed, but it does look good fun nonetheless. Hopefully, a return visit to Stockholm can be had this year.

Finally! Certainly looks good and all of the interactions with buildings around the park are going to add an extra element to the ride. Hopefully it rides more like an old shcool invert.

Looks great. Can't wait to get out there and ride it one day. Still love my Beamers. By far my fav Coasters.