• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

Villa Volta is still working perfectly (I rode it last week) so it can clearly be repaired and maintained.

Hex is the superior madhouse btw.

Oh that's good, 3 years ago it was riding fairly badly.

In fact most of the Mad Houses I've ridden in last few years haven't been running particularly well one way or another. Asterix's was the worst offender.

Oh that's good, 3 years ago it was riding fairly badly.

In fact most of the Mad Houses I've ridden in last few years haven't been running particularly well one way or another. Asterix's was the worst offender.
Villa Volta was in good nick when I rode it in June. The same cannot be said for Feng Ju palace at Phantasialand which was in an awful state, by far the worst park job I've seen on any madhouse anywhere. That's two years younger than Hex as well. I could see FJP being scrapped soon, but then that whole China Town area needs an overhaul anyway. Hex is consistently popular and well-received, and in a unique location - I do hope that's enough to save it.

I did have a quick scroll back through the thread and apologies if I’ve missed anything - but do we have 100% confirmation that the issue is mechanical in nature?

Nothing much of anything has been confirmed. I think it's safe to say that it's something related to the vault, but beyond that I think the only other information we have is that the day before it closed on both occasions the vault was making unfortunate noises as it was spinning.

Would it cost much for them to replace the vault completely? Remove the warehouse and vault and replace them like-for-like. A few million perhaps? It's a pie in the sky idea I know.

Back to reality, if costs to repair are too high, I can see it remaining SBNO for a very long time before eventually being removed. Sad times.

Nothing much of anything has been confirmed. I think it's safe to say that it's something related to the vault, but beyond that I think the only other information we have is that the day before it closed on both occasions the vault was making unfortunate noises as it was spinning.
So that sounds mechanical - I was wondering it it was a PLC type issue following the reports that Europa said the lead times for chips was close to 60 weeks? If it was mechanical I'd have thought there would have been a workaround? However a hardware chip issue might be harder to track down. Whatever it is - it diminishes the park especially if Duel and Nemesis are non functioning at opening 2023.

Last edited:
So that sounds mechanical - I was wondering it it was a PLC type issue following the reports that Europa said the lead times for chips was close to 60 weeks? If it was mechanical I'd have thought there would have been a workaround? However a hardware chip issue might be harder to track down. Whatever it is - it diminishes the park especially if Duel and Nemesis are non functioning at opening 2023.

True it will diminish the offering somewhat.

For the volt to be making noises its safe to assume its not chip related.

Maybe they've just thought sod it we will fix it properly in close season as opposed to a temporary fix that keeps breaking

Is it normal for the pre-shows in Hex to be running whilst the ride is closed? I could distinctly hear them running in sequence from outside in Her Ladyship's garden yesterday.
That is strange - perhaps they are being tested sound wise? I don’t know if it necessarily means the vault has been fixed though in response to some of the other comments below yours. We can hope though!

Is it normal for the pre-shows in Hex to be running whilst the ride is closed? I could distinctly hear them running in sequence from outside in Her Ladyship's garden yesterday.

Despite what Ridesims has us believe, the entire preshow runs on a constant loop once fired up so it’s likely some non-vault related maintenance may have been going on - still, that’s definitely a positive sign!

Just heard from someone who works at the park that sections of the ride are getting signed off today. That probably explains why you heard the preshows running. Hopefully it'll be open soon! 😀