• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

if this is true, my guess is it’s not so much the quality of the work carried out but a breach of a warranty/maintenance agreement. Just an idea but I just can’t see a company like Merlin taking any H&S risks, especially with ride hardware.
Yeah this it exactly, it would really be anything theyve done that goes against guidelines outlined by Vekoma and to add to insurance would be voided on it which would probably be more of a worry to merlin

So much of what is being discussed is hearsay. If the exchange with Towers and Vekoma has happened I would think it was either: 1. Vekoma coming in and simply saying that there is a new model and as such we are no longer officially supporting this version. OR 2. the wear and tear has resulted in damage so extensive that they would be unwilling to attempt a repair (simply because it is too far gone).

I would strongly doubt anything untoward has occurred in the Towers maintenance department.

I think we as a community should be very careful when using words like maintenance bodging in what is effectively an open public forum.

It’s clear nothing was bodged as that infers something was dangerous. What’s happened is the fix done hasn’t lasted as long as expected. So a larger fix is needed. Doesn’t sound like a bodge to me that sort of thing happens all the time.

I've had similar issues at work. The discussion happened between us, elsewhere in the UK, then escalated to Switzerland being involved. The amount of fixes we got, that took a week to get a window to do, then failed, was considerable.

Have never been on Hex but would like to try it with my son this year. Is is essentially the same as Haunted House at Legoland or is there more to it?
I highly Recommend Hex when you can visit this year, a fantastic ride with a great ambience, though for actual theming, not so much, I'd give that to its older sibling at Drayton Manor, The Haunting (which is just as great IMO, especially during the Halloween event).

Have never been on Hex but would like to try it with my son this year. Is is essentially the same as Haunted House at Legoland or is there more to it?

How is he with dark and noisy? Hex has a lot more preshows and is louder and darker. Probably the best version of a Madhouse I've done. For me it goes:

Hex
Hotel Embrujado
Houdini
Feng Ju Palace
Haunting
Kassandra

How is he with dark and noisy? Hex has a lot more preshows and is louder and darker. Probably the best version of a Madhouse I've done. For me it goes:

Hex
Hotel Embrujado
Houdini
Feng Ju Palace
Haunting
Kassandra
You mean to say you haven't done the magnificent Haunted Swing/Impossible at the Beach.
My last couple of experiences were rather tragic...put it at the bottom of the list.

He loves the dark so sounds good!
If you're not bothered about spoiling it for yourself but want to check it out for you son, this video shows all of it from the first preshow to the end of the vault sequence. The only bit missing is the short introduction talk in the queue line waiting pen outside that first room at the start.

Of course, with it it being closed last year, nobody knows if the effects have been changed or improved from this video, but if they have been I'm pretty sure it won't be made any more scary.

Oh, very Blackpool!
It was great fun in the seventies, with lots of Beery Fools rolling round the walls after the pubs kicked out at half three in the afternoon.
You really need to experience it...they stopped it "going over" because it was making people upset and poorly...I kid you not.
Tiny, shoddy, smells a bit rotten, very, very, Blackpool.

The Haunting (which is just as great IMO, especially during the Halloween event).
I'm sorry, but it just isn't. I did it twice last season, before and during the Halloween takeover, and it just doesn't really compare. The story isn't as engaging and the immersion isn't there. The effects within the actual ride are laughable and the sound system is poor, you can hear the system operating. It doesn't come across as awe inspiring, or magical, but I wonder if the size of the ride (compared to Hex) is also a factor here.

The only thing The Haunting has going for it are the effects in the second staging room, before you enter the ride. The first time I did it, before The Halloween takeover, I genuinely had a few jump scares and was impressed. These were seemingly not working during Halloween though, and the altered story line (the original) was a bit dated.

I'm sorry, but it just isn't. I did it twice last season, before and during the Halloween takeover, and it just doesn't really compare. The story isn't as engaging and the immersion isn't there. The effects within the actual ride are laughable and the sound system is poor, you can hear the system operating. It doesn't come across as awe inspiring, or magical, but I wonder if the size of the ride (compared to Hex) is also a factor here.

The only thing The Haunting has going for it are the effects in the second staging room, before you enter the ride. The first time I did it, before The Halloween takeover, I genuinely had a few jump scares and was impressed. These were seemingly not working during Halloween though, and the altered story line (the original) was a bit dated.
Each to their own I suppose.

When working correctly. Hex is, without a doubt the best Vekoma Madhouse on the planet, bar non. If you ask me.

A true masterpiece of themed entertainment.

Hex does or did have a reputation in the industry here in the UK and especially abroad as the best example of a madhouse and for good reason.

Might be hard to answer but how were the queue times for it typically?

For example, The Curse is almost always walk on or very short whereas WickerMan is always 60min and upwards...