• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex

I've can't draw on the image at the moment, but if it's any help, the green metal building towards the bottom slightly left of centre (with cars parked next to it) is the final vault. Working upwards (and backwards through the ride) is the octagon, where the second pre-show is, then just work along that straight bit of the towers to the right and that's where the cinema, then queue is. Hope that made some sense, I'm sure someone will annotate the image if not.

This should help give you a bit of an idea.

1fcc7632159544b498adad9.png

Basically you are always in the Towers until you turn left and go behind the bookcase. Then you are in a new tunnel which connects you to the green building that houses the vault.

When you come out on the other side you walk around the outter edge of the green building, and go down some stairs. When you go down these stairs you practically walk right underneath where you came into the vault, and pass under the Octagon, where you emerge on the other side. You then go up some steps and into the conservatory (Which is the whiteish building running vertically through the middle of the garden)

Hopefully that helps :)

For I found the best to describe the layout was from the roof of the towers it gives you a birds eye view off the whole of hex I would suggest if you get a spare 5 minutes to have a look I enjoy looking out over towards hex and realiseing it's just a large building extend from the towers

josht said:
For I found the best to describe the layout was from the roof of the towers it gives you a birds eye view off the whole of hex I would suggest if you get a spare 5 minutes to have a look I enjoy looking out over towards hex and realiseing it's just a large building extend from the towers

I went up there for the first time today - you really do get a stunning view! The only area of the park you can't see is Forbidden Valley, which is incredible given its size :)

The Psychoaster said:
I went up there for the first time today - you really do get a stunning view! The only area of the park you can't see is Forbidden Valley, which is incredible given its size :)
You can sometimes see the top of Airs lifthill from the top of the towers! But you have to look closely as its painted green.

Has anyone noticed how the UV has been fixed on the witch protrait in the Octagon? Also that the smoke machine now regularlypumps smoke into the vault? I think the improvements on Hex are good, but the whole ride mechanism still needs looking at over closed season.

djtruefitt said:
The Psychoaster said:
You can sometimes see the top of Airs lifthill from the top of the towers! But you have to look closely as its painted green.

You can also see the Towers from the top of Airs lift hill, as we found out when we did the Air lift-hill climb, if your on the far left of a train and look left and behind you can just about see it buts its not easy.

I noticed an image of the old woman/witch on the wall for the first time on Sunday. I wondered if it was a new projection system or something.

The octagon is cool, but some more spooky effects could be added, and the fan blowing the sheet really needs to be replaced with a silent blowing model.

Tom said:
I noticed an image of the old woman/witch on the wall for the first time on Sunday. I wondered if it was a new projection system or something.
The hag is painted on that panel with UV paint, and a UV cannon reveals her at the correct point in the sequence. From what I understand it isn't new, and has been there for years, but it hasn't been working for years. Think it started working again some point last season.

Islander said:
Tom said:
The hag is painted on that panel with UV paint, and a UV cannon reveals her at the correct point in the sequence. From what I understand it isn't new, and has been there for years, but it hasn't been working for years. Think it started working again some point last season.

It wasn't working until about a month ago when a proactive staff member has made it their mission to get all the effects on Hex working even if it is just a light that needs replacing.

Natalie said:
Islander said:
Tom said:

It wasn't working until about a month ago when a proactive staff member has made it their mission to get all the effects on Hex working even if it is just a light that needs replacing.
It was certainly working much earlier in the season, and at points last season as well.

Whereabouts is the UV painting of the old woman? Isn't it in the Octagon room? I've never noticed it before and I'll look out for it next time.

Martin.C said:
Whereabouts is the UV painting of the old woman? Isn't it in the Octagon room? I've never noticed it before and I'll look out for it next time.
If you are looking straight on at the Hag figure on the scaffolding then it on the blacked out window on the right hand side.

The UV Hag was first put back into use last season after being broken for years. It broke again towards the end of the last season, and was repaired recently. I remember everyone saying they'd never noticed it before when it was fixed last year.

If I remember rightly there are two. The hag is at the front to the left of the stairs between the curtain and the scaffolding, but there used to be another between the entrance and the scaffolding of the Earl who appeared at the same time.

I think it'd be cool if they put one of the hag in each corner, with them all flashing up individually during the lightning storm, as if she's surrounding the audience in the room.

A quieter fan for the curtain would be nice, but as long as the original one works it'll do I suppose :p

One thing I would love to see back is the rain effects from the Hex V.1. They used to spray the riders from above with mist to simulate rainfall while the thunder and lightning were happening.

They were condemned for risk of LEGIONARIES were they not? Though I don't see how this doesn't apply to Terry/all 4D cinemas :p

Surely if they can get a clean water source and said water is flushed through the pipes regularly it shouldn't be a problem?

The bulb just needed replacing. Somebody mentioned it about a week or 2 ago to tech services and it was fixed.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Natalie said:
Surely if they can get a clean water source and said water is flushed through the pipes regularly it shouldn't be a problem?
True, from a legionaries point of view, but I can't imagine a constant spraying with water doing the Octagon much good...