• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Holiday Park 2014: Premier Launched Coaster

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Why a park would release a POV of a mediocre ride before completion is beyond me. That looks blander than, urm, gatekeeper? But without the B&m hardware to fall back on.

Loads of parks release POVs of their new rides before it's finished...

Besides, we knew this was never going to be the most exceptionally themed ride ever... At least not on the actual ride portion, I can't imagine the inside launch section having much either...

Going by the superman POV (never ridden) this is severely lacking in almost everything. The hardware is identical, but the theming is non existent. I can't think of one POV that isn't unique in some way. The only way this is unique is that it has zero theming. I agree that parks release POV's with unfinished rides, but ones that are unique, different, not seen before... This is nothing different at all. What is there to promote?

The park aren't promoting the ride to enthusiasts though and 99.9% of their visitors won't have a clue another ride of the same already exists or really care for that matter. It's a great ride for park the size of holiday world, and am sure will attract plenty of guests. Also from what heard its a decent ride, I rode the Premier built Full Throttle at magic mountain last October and although didn't look great in POV videos it is actually a great ride and one I really enjoyed and most negative comments about that ride come from people who haven't actually been on it.

Agreed, I don't doubt that it is a 'good' ride, and I'm sure I would enjoy it, but who are they promoting it to then? People on the Internet Looking at this (enthusiasts?) They also have access to the other coasters surely? POV wise I mean.

To be fair, it was Premier that posted the POV, not Holiday Park. I think it probably was aimed more at enthusiasts, only 1710 people like their Facebook page.

In terms of the theming, I don't think it is being added until later on in the season. Last year Tripsdrill operated their new coaster for the whole season before adding the theming this closed season.

:)

It looks OK :) - the theming will be developed for 2015, which is common for the regional theme parks in Germany (Tripsdrill etc.)

And Plopsa themselves, given that de Panne's Vickieland was only half finished for it's opening last year...

Given Plopsa's record for well themed rides, I would imagine the station and queueline will be where it's all once completed...

AstroDan said:
It looks OK :) - the theming will be developed for 2015, which is common for the regional theme parks in Germany (Tripsdrill etc.)

That's not quite accurate. The theming is planned to be complete by July. :)

Looks like the press event for Sky Scream has taken place today, here are a couple of photos of the ride before it opens to the public tomorrow:

10169294_760938557271226_6482620261494586691_n.jpg

10006183_760938553937893_2027755399144790441_n.jpg

I'm sure it will look much better once the theming has been added.

It looks diabolical. I thought they'd have at least made it presentable for this year...

I get the impression that they will be working on it once the park is closed so in the mornings and evenings. So there will likely be a gradual improvement. They obviously took the decision that they wanted to open it for the start of the season to get more people through the gates which for a smaller park is a good idea I think.

Rob said:
I get the impression that they will be working on it once the park is closed so in the mornings and evenings. So there will likely be a gradual improvement. They obviously took the decision that they wanted to open it for the start of the season to get more people through the gates which for a smaller park is a good idea I think.

On the other hand, this project may well have been finalised quite late in the 2013 season, and has been rushed.

It just strikes me as odd that a park that seems to be on the way up and keen to showcase how good it looks nowadays, is prepared to open a half-baked ride such as this.

It doesn't look good track and train as it is, certainly not in a park that is now developing proper themed areas. Therefore, the theming on this can make or break it within the park...

Just seems weird.

Well it was initially going to open later in the season so they obviously have taken a decision somewhere along the line to open it earlier but minus the theming.

I'm not overly fussed, it looks like a fun ride and I don't think the lack of theming will have any impact on the ride experience itself considering the nature of the layout. Sure it doesn't look good but it's a coaster that I'm looking forward to ride.

Also, although not as bad Karacho at Tripsdrill didn't look great last season:

al5aphg00o12s3a4no5t0i.jpg

c6sr5cog0040he1l2bsiug.jpg

g5n9f8bimc800608n0qh5u.jpg

mu0o6k9fgbq30lj3001g4l.jpg

I'm with Dan on this one. It looks an absolute state. As he has said, it's isn't even a particularly impressive or beautiful ride track and train, compared to Karacho, so you can't even say it has that in its favour!

Very, very disappointing, especially after hearing such positive things about the park recently with how it has come along in the past few years. I'm very much of the opinion that you only get one chance with first impressions. If I turned up to this I'd be very disappointed. If it isn't complete or at the very least presentable it shouldn't be open other than to soft launch as far as I'm concerned. They could have even just hung some printed banners over parts of the building to cover and break up the mess a little, which would have helped.

Pretty poor show, especially considering the park now has Plopsa backing :/

Johno said:
What's the throughput on this? It must be low?
I'd imagine it won't be great, with one train and twelve riders per train. Not sure on an exact figure, though. *pages Duckman*

Well obviously it depends on how efficient the staff are, but as the ride duration is just under a minute throughput might not be too terrible. They could probably do a cycle (including loading) in between 2 - 2 1/2 minutes, which would be somewhere in the region of 300/hr.

The ride duration is a few seconds shorter than DMP's G Force, so expect the queue to move a little faster than that, but not by a huge margin.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.