• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Never been on saw. Is it similar to the smiler? Doesn't look it. Is it any good?
Its the same carriage wise but the track is different, much less inversions, bigger inside section, theming based on the saw films. Last time I went we were getting straight back on it as it ended because there was no queue :)

I love how since the Smiler incident, stops on the monorail and Air now make it into the top 10 read stories:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-33357478

That's akin to me reporting everytime I clip my toenails, not really news. Article is very confused, the two rides almost become one.
I refer you to the 2015 general discussion
http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/threads/2015-general-discussion.3383/page-27#post-138007
May need to scroll down about 2 posts

Is it open today?

If towers is denying that this is not normal, then I doubt this is true...

ITS THE MIRROR, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!

I've seen Sonic Spinball cars nudge all the time when entering the station, mainly due to Maurer's excessively strong friction wheels. Again, just a regular occurrence being scrutinised and being blown way out of proportion. :/

""The 36-year-old man later went to hospital as a precaution after suffering a head injury. He was later released but is understood to be still off work recovering""
hmmm, putting on a show, probably looking for compo :mad:

Using it as an excuse for a holiday. It's like the 'vicims' are trying to get compo following the smiler incident. It's just as bad as making light of their injuries in my opinion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.