• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley

From Lightwater Valley's Facebook:

296198_10151467876130292_631685895_n.jpg

480894_10151467876135292_735387196_n.jpg

181257_10151467876140292_409962940_n.jpg

969208_10151467876255292_709262668_n.jpg

947031_10151467877105292_1650087543_n.jpg

487588_10151467877260292_802378463_n.jpg

Don't forget to pick up your Angry Birds gifts from Lightwater Valley - there's everything from badges to bags!

My eyes! x__x

It's not imaginative, but if it brings in some extra money for the next 'big thing' I'm all for it. I just fear they're about 2 years too late with this IP though, and that they may find it lasts as well as smoke machine in a dark ride.

I haven't played Angry Birds in almost a year, and that was only because I was crippled with insomnia, so they're a bit late.

Whatever, if it gets them extra money, good for them.

You can whinge about 'tat' all you like, it's still the home of The Ultimate.

I'm all for lightwater getting a little extra cash... But I don't want Rovio getting any extra cash! Give it to some devs who deserve it!!

This won't last.

As a teacher, I've seen 4 or 5 major fads sweep through the classroom in as many years.

Angry Birds is already becoming old hat...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with those saying that Lightwater seem a little late with this and that it won't last. I've not played Angry Birds for a couple of years now and I never really see anyone playing or speaking about it. I also think these activity parks looks pretty rubbish for theme parks anyway (although after watching Theme, Dreams and Scream Machines again last night I'm not convinced LWV can be classed as a true theme park, probably more of a leisure park).

They should have gone for a Candy Crush area, I've never played it and have no idea what it's about but it seems pretty big at the moment! :p

:)

Oh I agree with that totally, all these games just come and go, they're never going to provide an opportunity for a good long term investment at a theme park. My Candy Crush suggestion was a poor attempt at a joke! :p

:)

Lightwater Valley are advertising a £40 summer pass on Twitter (probably on Facebook too but I don't really look at what's happening on there :p ):

BPSNypACMAEVMBc.jpg:large

I compare these things to the price of season passes and see a lack of value. I believe they offered season tickets for £50 at the start of the year?

It's like Thorpe Park offering a remainder of 2013 pass for 20% (£10) less than its annual pass, which would include 4 months (33%) more park time. If you're prepared to admit that these deals depend of people's ignorance - you could be harsh and say stupidity - then I'd be at peace with them, but I can't see anyone prepared to do that.

BigAl said:
Lightwater Valley are advertising a £40 summer pass on Twitter (probably on Facebook too but I don't really look at what's happening on there :p ):

BPSNypACMAEVMBc.jpg:large

Why has my head been chopped off by the Ultimate in that promo? :p

Anyway, LWV have announced that they're moving the Caterpillar to a new location in the park for 2014. This is almost certainly to make room for some element of the holiday resort, which will be opening in 2015. I doubt there'll be anything new for 2014 as they're presumably spending all their investment budget on building the holiday resort, which should start bringing in the cash in 2015.

Valley Mania in collaboration with the park have a competition running to guess the new location of the coaster, with the winner bagging two park tickets. :)

Also, a few pieces of interest from the park's latest blog post.

LWV blog said:
LxDVw8O.jpg

All of our rides and attractions are currently under-going their winter maintenance strip down and NDT (non-destructive testing), with the Rio Grande locomotive and tender (from the Lightwater Express) about to leave site to be refurbished. The Noah’s Ark cars are receiving some TLC this week, with the BuffaloExpress getting a new paint job and the Ultimate carriage canopies having been removed and awaiting repairs in the yard. Ride components from The Ultimate – in this instance wheel clusters – are also awaiting NDT (non-destructive testing) in the maintenance workshop.

E2y13ri.jpg

Spotted by Mushroom on CF.

Apparently the Ultimate is now sponsored by MAOAM.

1495498_10151846973195292_103223508_n.jpg

I know none of us love sponsorship, but we all know how hard-up on cash LWV is, so anything bringing in some extra dough has to be a good thing. :)

That was their halloween event, when they sponsored it (Notice the ghosts and pumpkins).

Dunno if they'll continue that sponsorship into next season though.

Valley Mania said:
You may remember that we ran a spot the Caterpillar competition recently to guess where the Caterpillar was going to move to.

We can now announce that it will be installed next to Hungry Harbour and that Rachel has won the ticket for coming the closest. I have e-mailed you with how to collect your ticket.

Moving to make way for the holiday resort. Sorry, not exactly fascinating I know.

DiogoJ42 said:
That. Looks. AWESOME! :D

It's the banked turn over the Atlantic, into America - that is the start of a Helix as it heads back into England