• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley

I suspect the Big One is shorter now with the reconfiguration of the turnaround, but that it is still longer than Silver Star.

Should someone get a measuring tape?

Time waits for no coaster and 3 years of minimal maintenance tends to lead to one choice.

Would the length of grand national only be half of it? Since you only do half the track per ride even though its only 1 track.

Would the length of grand national only be half of it? Since you only do half the track per ride even though its only 1 track.
The length of the Grand National is the length of track, surely. In the same way you don't measure a shuttle coaster twice.

but the track is double the length of the ride as you only ride half of the grand national on each ride as the train starts on one side and finishes on the other?

but the track is double the length of the ride as you only ride half of the grand national on each ride as the train starts on one side and finishes on the other?
Either you measure the distance the train travels (in which case you do half for a mobius loop and 2x/2-and-a-bit-x for a shuttle) or you measure the length of the track.

I wonder how the park is doing this year? Normally the school my kids go to have an end of year trip to Lightwater Valley for Year 6 but this year they didn’t go.

I was just talking to teacher about this (as she knows that I volunteered as a helper on last year’s trip) and she was telling me that for the past seventeen years she’s booked an outing there as an end of term treat but this year she tried several times to book something and each time was told that “rides were closed for maintenance”. After being told that on a number of occasions she says she just gave up them. It makes me wonder what was going on at the park and if it’s something related to staffing levels?

This is the last bank holiday before christmas, just after payday for many.
If they couldn't sell out today, they would really be struggling.
Not been now since they lost t'Ultimate, don't know anyone who has...completely different park now.

This is the last bank holiday before christmas, just after payday for many.
If they couldn't sell out today, they would really be struggling.
Not been now since they lost t'Ultimate, don't know anyone who has...completely different park now.
How many other parks in the UK are at capacity today?

How many other parks in the UK are at capacity today?

Paulton’s have stated that they are at full capacity.

With regards to LWV, could it be that they have announced that they are at full capacity in relation to the number of available staff they have for rides and catering outlets, etc? It strikes me as the kind of park that maybe doesn’t have that big a workforce and could struggle to deal with a high number of guests.

According to the Guardian Brighton Pier group have taken a 4M hit this summer due to lower attendance with poor weather over July & August.

I wonder what Light water Valleys numbers are like specifically given they seem to just remove rides and offer nothing new. It certainly doesn't bode well for the future of the group or park.