• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Alastair said:
Yeah the only thing I'd change is the colour - the red sticks out quite a bit. Maybe white or light blue would've suited better. As for the coaster though, it's all about the experience and it looks incredible aesthetically just by virtue of it being so tall.

They probably only used the red track to show up against the landscape more in the drawings?

I mean, Helix is a truly beautiful looking coaster - a triumph most certainly, and Green Fire most certainly doesn't suit the surroundings as much - but I cannot get past looking at the phenomenal drop!

Saying that, Helix has launches, which I adore, so maybe they would have lost those.

I can't even agree with myself.

I just hope they don't bring out a Helix pizza

Sometimes with rides (especially ones on hillsides) aesthetics trump mental layouts...

Given that the one part of Helix which is high (the Inverted Top Hat) is completely different from an aesthetic point of view, it's safe to say that this Green Fire idea would probably have looked utterly awful on such a lovely looking landscape...

Perfect for a flat park or one that doesn't give two craps about looking nice... Thorpe please...

Blaze said:
That hyper looks ridiculously good. Happy with Helix but if that design was adapted to fit somewhere else, I'd be very happy to see it built.

Exactly this. I'm glad they didn't build it at Liseberg, though. It would probably ruin the aesthetics of the park completely.

That concept looks great but not for liseberg.

Though if MACK want to go that high they need to sort out their support configuration.

The supports are probably just something bashed together for the concept art, to give a rough impression of the layout. I'm sure they'd have been better than that on the finished product.

It looks like an epic ride. 275ft? Yes please!

But I agree it wasn't right for Liseberg.

DiogoJ42 said:
It looks like an epic ride. 275ft? Yes please!

But I agree it wasn't right for Liseberg.

I'd rather have that at Thorpe than a woodie!! Especially the pretend woodies!!

Sam said:
The supports are probably just something bashed together for the concept art, to give a rough impression of the layout. I'm sure they'd have been better than that on the finished product.

Based on the variety of different supports used in the plan (if it was thrown together it would all be the same surely) and the godawful supports on helix top hat thing I wouldn't be so sure.

Don't forget Mack maybe an old company and experienced in family rides but for large thrill coasters it's still a baby in the industry.

To be fair I don't think you can judge Mack's supporting on bigger rides based on Helix and this Green Fire concept. The nature of the terrain on the Liseberg hillside is very unique and certainly would require different supporting compared to if the same coaster was built on flat land.

The Smiler is another example of a coaster with some ugly supporting largely down to the nature of the land it is built on.

:)

Rob said:
The Smiler is another example of a coaster with some ugly supporting largely down to the nature of the land it is built on.

The only ugly part of the Smiller Support structure is near the toilet block, and this has nothing to do with the nature of the land, and all to do with Towers/Merlin trying to save cash.

Ian

Given that Towers dug out the natural landscape they had, I don't think they can be forgiven for the support structure - it's flat concrete in most places!

I don't find The Smiler offensive in its supports.. I really rather like it!

On second thoughts The Smiler's supports aren't that bad, just most things about the ride are and I'd made an assumption without really thinking! :p

The last piece of track is currently being lifted into place! ;D

"This is what you will hear when you stand at the latches on the platform and waiting for your train to arrive ..."

Here is the Helix soundtrack

Just posted on Facebook by Liseberg! I swear... Everything IMAScore do, it just gets better and better each time! <3

Well they had put the last piece of track in, but they appear to have taken it out again now. Hopefully there's no issues with it!

Rob said:
Well they had put the last piece of track in, but they appear to have taken it out again now. Hopefully there's no issues with it!

Same construction crew as Smiler?

IMA strike again with a brilliant track as well <3

Sammy said:
"This is what you will hear when you stand at the latches on the platform and waiting for your train to arrive ..."

Just posted on Facebook by Liseberg! I swear... Everything IMAScore do, it just gets better and better each time! <3

Very cinematic, the sound design is extremely Zimmerish. IMAScore certainly like their slow tempo, The Smiler at 90 and this at 100bpm. Quite a distinctive style.

Also just noticed from about 4:30 onwards it sounds like a remix of Zimmer's Dark Knight soundtrack crossed with Inception. :p

An update from Loefet on Theme Park Review:

Loefet on TPR said:
Update from Lisa on the current status of Helix.
The final piece of track will be installed at 11:00 tomorrow, it looked like they had some issues to get the piece in due to the entrance of the pretzel loop seems to hang down slightly so it's too tight to get the final track piece into place with only one crane, so the connection will happen tomorrow.
The tweaked bit will arrive on Friday, so the last piece of steel for the layout will go in by then.
Trains are due on Monday, and there are still plenty of things to do until testing, so that the first time a train will exit the station for the first launch will be the 7:th of April!!

All sounds good for an April 26th opening!

I'm listening to the soundtrack that they've uploaded, it's incredible!! ;D

Sammy said:

This is an absolute masterpiece! I can imagine the tension building as you are in the queue line! Everything IMAScore touch turns to gold!