• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Judging by the reaction to the construction tour, I'd sat this kind of promotion is working quite well for them! :p

We have received an incredible number of entries during the week. Overall, it's probably closer to 800 who want to come and look - great fun, whilst I can see that we can not accommodate so many at once. But. That said, I can tell you that all of you who reported you before Tuesday February 4 will be allowed to join. We are currently working on producing some information material to anyone who can come and organize the tour in a good way. All invitees will receive an email as soon as we're done with the details

Some changes that may be helpful to know:

• We will gather at the South Entrance instead of the main entrance.
  • We divide into small groups to facilitate the tour. This means that the time 14:00 is not valid as the "start time" for everyone - tours depart at five-minute intervals and the invitation we will propose what time exactly you can join.
  • Tour will take about 45 minutes.

Liseberg have posted some more lovely photos of Helix to their blog:

guidad_tur_helix_140212_5_35.jpg

guidad_tur_helix_140212_6_35.jpg

guidad_tur_helix_140212_7_35.jpg

guidad_tur_helix_140212_8_35.jpg

:)

Apologies for the double post, but it's worth it! Coaster Friends have posted these two photos of the completed inline:

260709d1392556240-2014-neuheit-projekt-helix-mack-launch-coaster-liseberg-schweden-9950_703289513026410_1135255397_n.jpg

260710d1392556241-2014-neuheit-projekt-helix-mack-launch-coaster-liseberg-schweden-1617798_703010173054344_16925456_o.jpg

Source

;D

I.

Cannot.

Wait.

2014 is the year of Mack.

August cannot come quickly enough.

(Well it can, Alpina Blitz and Arthur in April first)

More photos have been posted to the Helix blog. I've posted what I think are the best one, the rest can be seen here.

2014-02-12-JAY_2143.jpg

2014-02-12-JAY_2072.jpg

2014-02-12-JAY_1995.jpg

2014-02-12-JAY_1977.jpg

2014-02-12-JAY_1963.jpg

Also, from the live Helix webcams it looks like they are progressing on the construction of the top hat element after the second launch.

The latest Helix blog post contains a number of new videos regarding the ride.

Also, the top hat is now complete! Credit to Loefet on Theme Park Review for getting these screen shots from the web cam:

current_17.jpg

current1_3.jpg

EDIT:

Liseberg have just posted this photo of the inverted top hat to Facebook:

1904239_793671430662425_1842754476_n.jpg

I agree, the support structure is pretty hideous. I guess it's to do with the nature of the land that the coaster is being built on.

I was always worried that this would be the worst looking part of the ride, mainly because of the sheer difference in height when the majority of it sticks close to the ground, and the bits that didn't used minimal supports...

My fears were realised :(

Re: Liseberg 2014: Helix - Mack Megacoaster

smudge said:
Yes, a few people will be interested, but this is such a relatively small number compared to a television broadcast for example, appealing to the millions.

Miller in the USA, a huge brand, monitored their marketing (a good agency will have a very real estimate of cost/revenue for delivery method).

A TV campaign resulted in $1.06 for every $1 spent, whilst targeted PR bought in $8

Marketing agencies that go TV, Newspaper advertising as standard waste their money. This will be costing them peanuts, and will have a world wide audience that will grow whilst the ride is being built.

Whilst they have nothing right now solid to advertise, what they are doing, is engaging the core market - the "early adopters" if you like. Enthusiasts, and people with strong interest in general.

It's perfect for this stage of construction.

I'm sure it won't look too bad come summer when the leaves return to the trees. Over the years, the new trees they've planted as well as other vegetation will grow to obscure the structure too.

It's not something that has made me any less excited about the ride.

If you're going to build such a monumental coaster on that kind of terrain, there will be compromises to make.

CGM said:
I'm sure it won't look too bad come summer when the leaves return to the trees. Over the years, the new trees they've planted as well as other vegetation will grow to obscure the structure too.

It's not something that has made me any less excited about the ride.

Completely agree with you here CGM :)

It looks bad, but it's a price more than worth paying for such an incredible looking ride. And yes, hopefully it will look better in the summer with the leaves back on the trees.

Apologies for the double post. If you look at the Helix webcam you can see that they are currently putting up supports for the pretzel loop! Shouldn't be too long now until all the track for this is complete!