• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Me and Sam went to Liseberg a few weeks back, and I have to I really loved the pack. It did remind me a bit of Blackpool but with better rides.

I think the park could do with one or two flat rides up near Helix as that end of the park lacks rides (except for the three quite large rides there). Other than that it had a really good selection of rides. The new Aerospin is also a great ride and offers some really good views across the park and city.

I think the problem is that there is very little flat land to build a flat ride up there.

We spent 15-20 minutes queuing. It's one of those where the ride experience is hardly mindblowing, but the views from the top make up for it.

Liseberg have just posted on their Facebook that Spinrock is closing in the next couple of weekend's.

Rather enjoyed the cycle this was on when I was last there in September.

Wonder what will be replacing it if anything?

Or is it to make space for the rumoured 2018 B&M invert or RMC located in that area of the park?

fb489d14fa96cb507a87811dc060cb2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The new 2017 attraction is set to be announced on September 27th, thoughts that it might be something along the lines of a Zamperla Giant Discovery!

:)

Really enjoyed Spinrock when I went, but if gets replaced with a Giant Discovery I'll be pleased!

I'm not sure what to think about this. I quite like Spinrock for the way it really gets into its stride half way through the ride cycle. Still, if the replacement does turn out to be a Giant Discovery, one of the few good Zamperla rides I've done being replaced by the single genuinely amazing Zamperla ride type I've done would be a more than acceptable trade-off!

Would there be enough room for a Giant Discovery? If I recall the swing was already close to Balder?

I will miss Spinrock. It was a decent example of an Afterburner style ride which slotted nicely into the park's lineup. I'm quite surprised it's leaving as it still looked very fresh and well presented. There were no hints of age in the ride experience either.

Perhaps it's because I'm used to the Merlin approach of running a ride until it's on its last legs, barely able to limp its way through a cycle. Even so, there are many rides that I would have expected to go before Spinrock, not least that awful suspended dark ride.

From what I've read, I'm guessing that Zamperla Discoveries are significantly better than Huss Sledge Hammers. I've been on one and I was quite disappointed. It suffered from the same problems as AtmosFear in that it was far too bulky and cumbersome to provide a thrilling ride.

I haven't done a Huss Giant Frisbee to compare the Giant Discovery to, but Tusenfryd's SpinSpider is the latter and is fantastic. The spin isn't particularly pronounced and there isn't much force, but the rush of air around you as you go through the rest position from the ride's maximum swing height is astounding.

Reactions: Ted
That sounds pretty similar to my experience on the Huss model. The sense of speed was impressive but I was hoping for prolonged amounts of airtime at the top of each swing. It turned out to be pretty forceless. Overall I much prefer the more compact models.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the small Ferris Wheel from Liseberg is actually operating in the UK now. It was bought by Barry Island Pleasure Park over the winter :)

Screamscape are reporting that Liseberg are set to announced their 2017 and maybe 2018 attractions later on this month. If 2018 is indeed announced is it fair to assume that it might be a coaster? Four years after Helix and it would explain such an early annoucement. We can hope!

:)

It wouldn't surprise me if they intended to announce their new coaster, most of the management team will have rode Wildfire now so will be able to make the firm decision on the RMC or Invert.

Liseberg have posted on their Facebook page that on the 27th of September at 11am local time that they will announce the 2017 ride. Some people on TPR are also saying they will announce the 2018 attraction.

Keep in mind that Helix was announced in October 2012, so them announcing their 2018 attraction is not unlikely.