• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Re: Liseberg 2014: Project Helix Mack Megacoaster

This is like one of those "amazing-but-utterly-unrealistic" RCT3 videos you find on YT. It all seems too good to be true! :p

That looks totally amazing. The UK could benefit from one of these immensely.

Am I the only one thinking solely of the theming opportunities for a coaster like this? You could theme it so, so well. I loved that video. Gah, I think I've found a new construction to follow. :D

I bet it won't ride as good as it looks.

No offence to Mack, it's a beautiful design, but in my eyes, The Storm and Blue Fire aren't exactly relentless through the circuit. If this thing runs fast through the elements, has great airtime on those hills and keeps it's pace all the way through, this will be a winner, but so far. I have my doubts.

It has three rolling launches, surely that is going to keep the pace up?

A coaster doesn't have to be relentless to be good though... Considering that this will feature a lot of terrain running as well as the multiple launches (although does THAT mean it's two coasters bolted together?) it doesn't need to be fast constantly... Variation in pace also will allow a bit of an interesting blend between high g-forces and hangtime within the various elements...

Dunno why, but the inverting top hat thingy just looks weird... Maybe because it comes after a mass array of ground-hugging sections? Aside from that, bring on Sweden <3

Benzin said:
A coaster doesn't have to be relentless to be good though...

Completely agree with that, but on a ride if you look at the top coasters in the world, or Europe for that matter, they're all fast paced and relentless. Nemesis flies through the track, El Toro, EGF, Outlaw Run. All these truly great rides run quick. Sure, it's nice when a ride rolls through an element slow, I'm a lover of hangtime, but in my eyes, this needs the pace to make it great.

Diogo, a launch doesn't always mean a relentless ride. Blue Fire proves that.

It's all opinion though... EGF is an over-rated coaster in my book... Millenium Force is relentless with it's speed but does nothing worthwhile...

Having lots of speed counts for nothing when you don't do anything with it... If you're looking for relentless rides, Mack's (currently) won't provide that, but instead an insanely good coaster that is suitable for the major audience that does a lot of different things extremely well... In some cases better than other coasters that are designed solely for one purpose...

Plus, Mack inline automatically makes it an awesome ride...

I don't see why it needs to be 'relentless' to be good. B&M Mega Coasters are hardly relentless yet I think they are brilliant, in fact one of them is my number 1 ranked coaster. Sometimes it's nice to have a coaster that isn't constant speed and forces etc, and I think that's what I like about rides such as Blue Fire.

It is indeed all down to opinion though. A relentless coaster isn't automatically good, and vice versa. I think this will be a brilliant coaster regardless!

:)

Ask a lot of people on here and they rate Bluefire up there with Nemesis. It isnt as rough or forceful, but is equally as good in its floaty feeling and smoothness.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I really, really like Blue Fire, and if you went onto Blue Fire expecting an intense thrill machine then you were mistaken.

This is a manufacturer who only strolled into making big looping coasters 4 years ago - remember? And whilst those of you searching for the next crazy, Intamin airtime machine are going to be left disappointed by this, the build quality and general reception of the Mack coasters is sky high.

They are well built, have exceptional throughputs and offer an excellent train design that Intamin simply cannot get near.

I can't wait for this ride. Liseberg has a rich history, and the terrain nature of this coaster is top dollar.

^+1 for this!

The UK needs one of these, that insane 'Oh no, i'm gonna fall out my seat and die' feeling from those awesome restraints is just amazing! My favorite ride system ever.

I don't get how this doesn't look relentless, firstly it's a computer representation that isn't done on something good like no-limits so the physics will be off, even so parts look very "intamin" with quick turns and airtime.

I will reserve judgement until the thing is built, I reckon MACK can pull off thrill if asked.

I'm quite convinced this could easily be one of the best coasters in the world.

parkin.png

So this is Liseberg's plan for the land they've purchased. Interestingly, they're re-locating the parking to a new multistory and using the old car park to expand the park even further, very clever use of space in my view. It looks like a massive waterpark hotel is on the cards for most of the old car park and they're keeping the rest of the land for future developments.

Interesting. I've just been having a look on their website and their current car park is very small with only 700 spaces. It is also on the opposite side of the park to what appears to be the main entrance. They then advertise other car parks within walking distance of the park that people can also use. I guess with the park being where it is, a lot of people must arrive via public transport.

In other news, Liseberg posted this on their Facebook page earlier:

1011298_657303974299172_1644359060_n.jpg

Nice!! ;D

:)

If the car is anything like that, I will actually orgasm. That is so beautiful. :*

The front car for Helix is now on display at Liseberg

1013148_660677410628495_735190285_n.jpg

Photo from Mack's facebook page.

<3 Lovely, can't wait until this thing opens!

Cannot reiterate enough how beautiful that car is.

Ok I've got to admit I was unsold by that front car design, I thought it looked a bit too bulgy... but seeing the real thing it does look awesome :D Not quite Blue Fire good mind but that could just be my personal taste.