• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Re: Liseberg 2014: Project Helix Mack Megacoaster

1003706_605335989488430_1561251062_n.jpg

:p

That layout <3 Even though Liseberg have to deal with complex space for new coasters, they have some genius designers! :D

It's like Mack have taken the engineering perfection of Blue Fire and the multi launch aspect of Manta, combined them and then added some more.

Simply sublime.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I just hope this doesn't ruin the view of Lisebergbanan.

There is one thing I dislike about the layout and that's the Inverted Top Hat... Probably because pretty much everything else is worked into the terrain quite well (including the Pretzel Loop), but then lol random top hat...

If it's going to have a flaw in my eyes though, rather it be that...

Concept art for the queue.

1148963_358674370902283_59477519_n.jpg

Looks a bit bland.

Looks better than anything Merlin could do.

I like it. Simple yet effective. :)

It's better than The Smiler's queue which is nothing but concrete and ruined stickers. :p

If there was some impressive image mapping like in The Smiler then it could be very good! I am hoping to visit next year to get on this beast!

Themeparkmania said:
If there was some impressive image mapping like in The Smiler then it could be very good! I am hoping to visit next year to get on this beast!

Is it me, or am I the only one who doesn't find The Smiler's projections that impressive?

But that's for another topic.

I think, when this is finished, it may be one of the best rides in the world. It looks absolutely insane!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Looks a bit like Silvia's queue: functional, stylish... boring.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

After wondering how construction work was going, I took a look on TPR and found a link to the designers responsible for the look of Liseberg's 2014 roller coaster, Quarry Fold Studio. Here's just a few of their Helix train designs...

HelixTrain_04.jpg

HelixTrain_02.jpg

HelixTrain_06.jpg

I can't wait to see this ride done and I'd love to be able to try it out next year! :D

The first one looks like some rubbish evil transformer who is still in their vehicle mood.

The second one looks like it's suppose to have a similar theme to TH13TEEN. And I think it looks slightly better than TH13TEEN's trains.

And the third one just looks generally beautiful <3

Generally, this ride could well be one of the most beautiful rollercoaster experiences ever created.

Track has been floating around for just over a month now too:

HelixTrack_3.jpg

Notice the test track for Europa's 2014 coaster next to it. Anyway, a couple more photos of the track can be seen here.

Eee. Gotta love new track arriving!

According to Liseberg's latest Facebook update, they're now tunneling under Lisebergbanan which has meant that it is now closed for the remainder of the season.

But fear not; they uploaded a pretty picture of Helix to compensate!

995164_696784763684426_1066377913_n.jpg

From Liseberg's Facebook page:

1374324_526487554101046_1957671799_n.jpg

551300_701791763183726_244988468_n.jpg

First pieces of track are there! :D