• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

One of the main problems with fully extinguishing the fire is likely to be because the large main hall structure is still standing, but at great risk of collapse, so the fire officers probably cannot actually get in there to fully extinguish the fires and are having to dampen it all from the outside. It may well have been easier for them if it did just all collapse.

I say that with no firefighting knowledge mind!

One of the main problems with fully extinguishing the fire is likely to be because the large main hall structure is still standing, but at great risk of collapse, so the fire officers probably cannot actually get in there to fully extinguish the fires and are having to dampen it all from the outside. It may well have been easier for them if it did just all collapse.

I say that with no firefighting knowledge mind!
Think usually in this situation the fire crews would demolish the structure themselves but as there's a missing person they can't do that.

Last edited:
I'm going to Liseberg at the start of June for the first time. I'm going to have two potentially three full days at the park. I'm looking for any tips or must dos whilst I'm there from people who've been :))

I'm going to Liseberg at the start of June for the first time. I'm going to have two potentially three full days at the park. I'm looking for any tips or must dos whilst I'm there from people who've been :))
Simply put - everything. Do everything. The park and virtually all its rides and attractions are just great fun with so much re-rideability across the board.

Two days is plenty of time to cover the park fully; three days may be borderline excessive. The one thing to definitely point out to experience however, as it can sometimes easily be overlooked by the unsuspecting, is the Gasten Ghost Hotel.

Enjoy.

Such sad and devastating news. I imagined this would be the case but hoped otherwise.

Absolutely devastating for his family, friends and colleagues.

The park have confirmed in a new press release that their ambition is to rebuild the water park.

Would be nice if they added a memorial plaque for the deceased construction worker (RIP).

It’s tragic that this fire led to the loss of a life, truly awful for the person’s family, friends and everyone at Liseberg.

I’m not too surprised that they’ve decided they want to rebuild Oceana. It was such a big part of their long term strategy along with the Grand Curiosa Hotel. Normally when you come to rebuild something lost by fire you might make changes to update thing etc. (like at EP), but with this not even being finished they may just build it again as it was.

Andreas Andersen has dropped a message to all on Liseberg's YT channel. Please click the Subtitle box on the video for the English translation.