• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

I'm slightly gutted it's gone. It's not a bad coaster and the whole novelty and fame of it being built on top of a toilet block makes me have a soft spot for the the coaster :p Shame I'll probably never get to ride it again, but it's for the best I suppose. Got the cred at least.

I found Kanonen absolutely dire. Worse than Rita. Good riddance, I say.
My thoughts wouldn't be too far from this. I don't really get sentimental about rides, parks - a little, but individual rides come and go. Stuff happens. Especially in this case, it has pretty much been left redundant with Helix.

I think the whole ride system is flawed and it baffles me that Intamin sold as many as they did given their extremely sketchy safety and reliability record. In fact, I don't think they have sold one since Formula Rossa? It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a few other parks abandon these rides, or possibly convert them to a different technology.

Good on Liseberg for finding someone to take it off their hands.

I was thinking Kentucky Kingdom also. It's been thought they may get their next new coaster in 2018 and Kanonen would be a nice small footprint coaster for a good price that is different to their existing coasters.

I don't actually mind Kanonen, it's pretty good fun on the front row. Less so on other rows.

:)

After releasing the album compiled of Helix, Mechanica and AeroSpin's soundtracks, a new segment of Helix's audio has been released to the world:

This definitely seems to be the source of Galactica's inspiration.

Oh how I miss hearing that music at Liseberg! It really is one of my favourite coaster soundtracks, still hoping that they add on-board audio one day but doubting it now.

We were essentially told on ride audio is a no go on our BTS, due to the modifications required to the train and the effect it would have on the performance, especially after the effort they've made to make it one second faster since it opened.

Loke is starting to go up:

C56AeITWMAAjj7Y.jpg

Source: Andreas Andersen

I can't imagine it should take that long to get it all up and running now!

Lond over on TPR has some photos of Kanonen's removal and Loke:

thumb_bild00001_3.jpg

thumb_bild00003_3.jpg

bild00007_3.jpg

Hopefully it won't be too long before we hear where Kanonen is heading!

I enjoyed Kanonen a lot more second time round for some reason, OK the launch is a bit rubbish but the rest of the layout has a bit of a punch and is pretty varied. As Accelerators go it's not great, but it's not the worst either.

Just read this article that says you "may" be able to ride Valkyria a year early in a VR simulator. Has this been done before? Quite a cool bit of marketing.

In the new theme "Myths & Legends", which will open "Loke" this year, 6 simulators will be installed, on which "Valkyria" may be tested with VR glasses. Andreas Andersen is very happy about this possibility, but says at the same time that the virtual ride will not be a comparison to the real ride.

Also there is a provided picture of the layout of Valkyria

Liseberg-Valkyria-Layout.jpg

Source

Is it just me or are dive machines uninspiring?

Valraven is the only one I can think of with a bit of muscle to it. B&M have evolved their other product lines a lot over the years but dive machines just seem to be installed with no real ingenuity to them, they just all seem really similar. :confused:

Maybe it's a cost think I dunno, but I'd love to see a bat s**t crazy dive machine for once instead of the same old familiar layouts.

Do agree with Spike whenever a dive machine is announced it's quite predictable what the layout will be roughly. This is one of the better layouts though and does suit the park perfectly.

B&M don't massively evolve their products throughout their life-cycle, bar a few exceptions. If anything, the dive machine is one of more varied with three generations of rolling stock and two track types. B&M typically do something vastly different with a new product, rather an existing one.

The dive layouts are all a variation on a theme, but I think a lot of that comes down to practicalities in terms of how inefficient the trains are vs. the elements they can perform due to their width.

Thunderbird would be the stand out Wing given the launch, Hulk the stand out sit down with its launch, Hair Raiser the only floorless that sticks out given its location and odd layout etc.

More impressed with the quality of the CGI rendering than the layout of the coaster tbh.

Just so I understand... do people think that the dive machine layouts are all the same and they suck, or all the same and they're great?

I admit I rolled my eyes a bit when I saw the first inversion, but after that it's definitely unique and interesting enough. Think there'll always be similarities with dive machines but it'll be a very good coaster so that's fine.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk