• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

A timeline and dedicated project plan has now been published of the park's Jubilee Project, including the new hotel and waterpark. Two of the Grand Curiosa's rooms have also been completed:

The most important thing to take away from this is that the lobby slide will only be from the first floor to the lobby rather than the top floor to the lobby. A crying shame.

Liseberg guests will have to do without "Balder" for a long time in the 2022 season. The wooden coaster will remain closed for several months for repairs.

When Liseberg starts the new 2022 season on Saturday 23 April, one of the biggest attractions at the Swedish amusement park will remain closed. The wooden roller coaster "Balder" has to undergo an extensive repair that will take several months.

A design flaw has caused water to collect under the rails of the wooden coaster. This caused rot damage. All the rails on the wooden roller coaster will therefore need to be replaced - and that will take time. "Obviously it hurts, but it needs maintenance and once repaired, 'Balder' will last a long time," Liseberg Managing Director Andreas Andersen told Göteborgs-Posten .

https://www-parkerlebnis-de.transla...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Ah, a real shame. However, at least it's this year and not next year during the anniversary celebration!

Hopefully following this and Collossos having similar issues T Express and El Toro owners are already taking any required action to stop it occurring to them. They must've retracked quite a bit of El Toro after the derailment last season as well.

Classic Intamin.
I've not been following this thread and have no idea what the discussion is about but from that comment can I guess something is broke? Like broke in the stupidest way possible like not being able to run in the rain. Got to love a bit of Intamin engineering.

It's nearly 20 years old - design flaw or not I don't think we can really count this amongst Intamin's classic blunders.

I've not been following this thread and have no idea what the discussion is about but from that comment can I guess something is broke? Like broke in the stupidest way possible like not being able to run in the rain. Got to love a bit of Intamin engineering.
The wood has rotted on Balder and needs replacing, which I don’t really think is Intamin’s fault, in fairness.

The wood has rotted on Balder and needs replacing, which I don’t really think is Intamin’s fault, in fairness.
Interesting that the two of the Intamin pre-fabs are seeing problems at similar times although almost certainly coincidental. They are getting old and as they are made out of wood will need replacing from time to time. How reliable are the Intamin pre-fabs in general?

In fairness I think the only fault is their claim that the rides wouldn't need regular track replacement like a normal wooden coaster.
Lasting 20 years with minimal refurbishment is still an impressive achievement for a wooden coaster.

The majority of VR additions that have been retrofitted to rides haven't lasted. Kraken. Superman. Revolution. Medusa. Even Zumanjaro for a drop tower example. There's a time and a place for it, and putting it on Atmosfear after the hype train has well and truly left the station seems absurd. I assume it's temporary, and perhaps an extra push at marketing something else for this year in order to continue driving guests back post their extended covid closure.