• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Still not a fan of these coasters but at least the location on the top of the hill is going to be pretty good!
Rob. WHAT. IS. YOUR. PROBLEM??? Every single damn time 😂

If I had enough energy I’d create a perfectly stoic argument for why parks invest in these! Alas, you shall escape my wordy tirade on account I’m melted into a puddle after work 😝.

As a package, Luna is looking like a great addition! Particularly love the blue and gold of the train.

Liseberg have shared this update on construction of their new coaster, Luna:

Still not a fan of these coasters but at least the location on the top of the hill is going to be pretty good!

Perhaps the thing is that we’ve all done dozens of Vekoma family boomerangs in various parks and are bored of them. But as a ride in itself they aren’t bad little coasters for kids and families and they are a good step up for youngsters moving on from kiddie coasters, it’s just seems that we see them pop up so often. But of course they must make a lot of sense from the perspective of the parks, both in terms of cost and providing a popular ride.

I'm always irritated that these coasters don't have kicker wheels to haul the train higher up the spike so the backward section has speed.
I think this is one of the main reasons that I don't enjoy them. The forward sections are always perfectly pleasant, but then you go back through the layout in a much more lumbering manner, and it's just a bit rubbish!

It depends on the layout, the one at Energylandia. Light Explorer. Is the best one I've been on as the layout is almost a straight line so it keeps a lot of its speed on the return leg.

The park definitely needed something like this as there was quite a jump in intensity from the two children's coasters up to Lisebergbannan.

The issue for me with these coasters is less the ride system itself (although a second tyre drive on the reversing spike would definitely be a big improvement), and more the fact that a lot of parks that buy them really ought to be buying a full circuit version on a similar scale, with multiple trains to get a capacity more in keeping with their attendance. That said, I'm sure Liseberg's will be perfectly pleasant as they go.

I think this is one of the main reasons that I don't enjoy them. The forward sections are always perfectly pleasant, but then you go back through the layout in a much more lumbering manner, and it's just a bit rubbish!
This is what I hear 8 year olds say time and time again as they leg it from the exit back to the entrance for another ride.

I am surprised that their revenue is that high. Fair play to them.

Their attendance was reported at ~3m flat for a long time, so it's interesting to see record profits on 2.5m guests.

"In 2022, Liseberg welcomed a total of 2.5 million guests during the Summer, Halloween and Christmas seasons, which is 1 million more than in 2021. Liseberg opted to continue limiting the number of guests in the amusement park in 2022, which had a positive effect on both guest satisfaction and turnover."

Last edited:
Inflation is high in a lot of countries, so I suppose you'd expect to see the profitable theme parks getting more profitable. But I do agree it's still kind of surprising on a big fall in attendance.

@Funcone I guess it depends how inflation has impacted their cost base. I am always curious as to how Sweden's lack of a minimum wage impacts things.

I didn't really understand what they were driving at here - "Liseberg opted to continue limiting the number of guests in the amusement park in 2022, which had a positive effect on both guest satisfaction and turnover.""