• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

I had a BTS of this place last April and stayed in the nearby Grand Curiosa, which was lovely.

This is honestly such devastating news not only for the park but for the whole industry, especially since nothing within the water park complex looks salvageable.

Fingers crossed no-one is injured and they can contain the fire to only the water park area.

Last edited:
Some of our best loved parks in Europe have been having a torrid time of late.....
Europa, Gronalund, Port Aventura and now Liseberg.

Really is a great shame. Let's hope this doesn't set them back too much. To potentially lose the entire brand new waterpark after a few years of construction would be absolutely devastating for them.

:(

Jesus. That's some explosion that. Let's pray nobody was at the top of that building at the time. :(

The explosion is terrifying. I really hope that they had completed an evacuation of all construction workers before it. I see that in the link above, Liseberg's head of communications has said that they don't believe there should be any injuries, so fingers crossed.

What on a slide tower would cause such an explosion? I just hope no one is injured and they respond with a Europa Park mentality. Such a shame I was postponing my visit this year to when this opened.

From the looks of it, it's already on fire in the main building and that looks to be the flashover event?

Devastating news. I'm going back in June and wasn't expecting the waterpark to be open, but was slightly encouraged by the pace of the project. The whole building looks to be a write off and I'm gutted for Liseberg, I really am. Hopefully no injuries including emergency personnel on site. What their next move is remains to be seen.