• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

I think it is likely London could support another theme park, but this project was never going to be it. It's been proven time and time again that building one mega park in a go doesn't work, if they were planning for a fairly small scale park then that would've been more likely. Expansion is always an option down the line but to start of with your better taking less risk and keeping the planners on side with a smaller attraction.

It'll probably still open before Valhalla
Oh come on, even Mandy wouldn't screw up on even that!

Then again, better chance of M&D's having new and decent owners by then too...which would be actually good for all concerned.

What I don't get. Why are they even discussing this still. What's the end goal, and why?

It's always been a stupid place to propose as park of this scale let along actually build one. So much flat empty space around Reading which would be perfect for this.

It's clearly just massive money laundering exercise

There's plenty of mileage and money to be had in promising fantasies. Refer to nuclear fusion and mass-scale hydrogen energy systems for example. All a group of already rich people are doing is effectively doing is begging for more money to keep bankrolling the myth that something is within touching distance of becoming reality.

RIP the world’s most expensive piece of concept art 🙏

golden-girls.gif

Now can we finally place it inside a wooden coffin, inside of a steel coffin with the lid welded shut, inside of a lead coffin filled with liquid nitrogen, and bury it a minimum of 20ft down, atop a 6ft concrete slab before infilling the hole with a further 6ft of concrete atop the casket. Preferably on a remote, uninhabitable island where it might never be discovered again.

We want to be sure it can’t possibly reanimate and escape again.

....and it's dead. Surely?

You would think this would be the final nail in the coffin, except the directors are saying they expect the creditors to agree to the CVA, meaning they would swap outstanding debt for shares in the company, meaning it wouldn’t fold and will survive.

Now why any lender would want shares in this sinking ship is beyond me, but inexplicably, it’s not quite dead yet.

Come on, read the article...
The project continues.
There is still a weak pulse, sadly.
I'm a gardener, I'm used to putting diseased small creatures out of their misery, pass me my big spade.

Sadly this project is dead in the water which is a damn shame as I still think there is space in the a new well themed park built from the ground up. Just watch them slap a load of flats and houses on this land in the next ten years.

Come on, read the article...
The project continues.
There is still a weak pulse, sadly.
I'm a gardener, I'm used to putting diseased small creatures out of their misery, pass me my big spade.

This thing hasn't had a pulse for years. It's been lying on the autopsy table with pathologists poking at it with a stick, expecting it to wake up.

Sadly this project is dead in the water which is a damn shame as I still think there is space in the a new well themed park built from the ground up. Just watch them slap a load of flats and houses on this land in the next ten years.
That's not particularly likely given the issues with rare wildlife on the site - the best outcome is it becomes a nature reserve.

RIP the world’s most expensive piece of concept art 🙏

golden-girls.gif

Now can we finally place it inside a wooden coffin, inside of a steel coffin with the lid welded shut, inside of a lead coffin filled with liquid nitrogen, and bury it a minimum of 20ft down, atop a 6ft concrete slab before infilling the hole with a further 6ft of concrete atop the casket. Preferably on a remote, uninhabitable island where it might never be discovered again.

We want to be sure it can’t possibly reanimate and escape again.
It will still take them another 10 years to get the concept art passed off for that coffin. At this rate it be a cardboard coffin at best.