• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

The Tilbury Docks part of the plans is now seriously under fire as they're gearing up for several works in the new year I believe

London Resort said they would resubmit their application by the end of the year, back in March.
Ten days and counting.
They also lose development rights on a large area of the development at the end of this year...prospective rights were taken a decade ago, and have not been used. It is considered unlikely that they will be renewed, as the ability of the organisation to develop the site is clearly in question by a large number of different organisations.
Could the London Resort be our first Celebrity Death of 2023?

On another forum, it has come to my attention that I may need to speak about this project given my reputation and previous outspokenness regarding it.

I owe you all an apology. I also owe you all an admission that with hindsight, there is now a very good chance that I may ultimately be proven wrong about this project.

As many of you may remember, I have been among the most optimistic about this project happening around these parts. In 2020, I genuinely thought that the project was practically nailed on to come to fruition. All of the positive developments that happened in that year made the prospect of a global scale theme park resort in Britain seem very real, and I guess I was seduced by all of their exciting planning applications, concept art and press releases!

However, I like to think that my opinions and predictions are led by evidence... and I must admit that the evidence does not appear to point in the project's favour at present. The SSSI designation dealt a pretty severe blow to the project's chances of materialisation, in my view, and I must admit that recent months have seen my faith start to waver. While I am not completely discounting the project, I must now concede that its chances of materialisation look far lower than they did 2 years ago, and I digress that much of my previous optimism may have been misplaced.

I admit that I am, regrettably, rather close-minded and stubborn at times. However, I will admit when I'm wrong... and I have to say that it's looking as though I could be proven wrong on the London Resort. I want something like it to happen so badly, but based on the current state of affairs, I have to say that it doesn't look likely that this project will come to fruition, in my view.

With that in mind, I sincerely apologise to you all for having been so stupid and stubborn and dismissive of all of your counter-arguments over the years. You did make some very valid points, and I am sorry for not having taken your wise words into account more. I am an optimist at heart, and with all of the positive developments happening, I was just so sure that it was going to happen. However, I admit that I could well have been wrong on this one and I'm sorry to have been so stubborn and dismissive towards you all. You may notice that I've stayed silent on the London Resort in recent months, and that's because I was embarrassed about how I'd behaved in previous discussion about it and didn't want to dig my hole any deeper.

So there... after all of our arguments over the years regarding this project, I finally admit that it's looking like you could be right and I could be wrong. I have to concede that some of you may well be right about this project, and I hope I've made it up to you all for how appallingly I behaved in some of the earlier discussions on this project.

On another forum, it has come to my attention that I may need to speak about this project given my reputation and previous outspokenness regarding it.

I owe you all an apology. I also owe you all an admission that with hindsight, there is now a very good chance that I may ultimately be proven wrong about this project.

As many of you may remember, I have been among the most optimistic about this project happening around these parts. In 2020, I genuinely thought that the project was practically nailed on to come to fruition. All of the positive developments that happened in that year made the prospect of a global scale theme park resort in Britain seem very real, and I guess I was seduced by all of their exciting planning applications, concept art and press releases!

However, I like to think that my opinions and predictions are led by evidence... and I must admit that the evidence does not appear to point in the project's favour at present. The SSSI designation dealt a pretty severe blow to the project's chances of materialisation, in my view, and I must admit that recent months have seen my faith start to waver. While I am not completely discounting the project, I must now concede that its chances of materialisation look far lower than they did 2 years ago, and I digress that much of my previous optimism may have been misplaced.

I admit that I am, regrettably, rather close-minded and stubborn at times. However, I will admit when I'm wrong... and I have to say that it's looking as though I could be proven wrong on the London Resort. I want something like it to happen so badly, but based on the current state of affairs, I have to say that it doesn't look likely that this project will come to fruition, in my view.

With that in mind, I sincerely apologise to you all for having been so stupid and stubborn and dismissive of all of your counter-arguments over the years. You did make some very valid points, and I am sorry for not having taken your wise words into account more. I am an optimist at heart, and with all of the positive developments happening, I was just so sure that it was going to happen. However, I admit that I could well have been wrong on this one and I'm sorry to have been so stubborn and dismissive towards you all. You may notice that I've stayed silent on the London Resort in recent months, and that's because I was embarrassed about how I'd behaved in previous discussion about it and didn't want to dig my hole any deeper.

So there... after all of our arguments over the years regarding this project, I finally admit that it's looking like you could be right and I could be wrong. I have to concede that some of you may well be right about this project, and I hope I've made it up to you all for how appallingly I behaved in some of the earlier discussions on this project.
I think your being too concerned by what other people think. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about something. I get the impression someone has been rude or dismissive of your opinions elsewhere, which is wrong. You have literally nothing to apologise for. Sure I think the majority of people disagree with you but if you truly believed that this project had potential then that is your own business, in which you should be free to express your opinions. We live and learn, but your points were always valid, this project does seem to be unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Come on mate, rather optimistic in a young persons way, but nothing to apologise for.
Misplaced optimism, yup by all means, but no need to apologise, not stubborn, stupid, or dismissive at all, just your own take on it all, which is absolutely permitted.
Chin up chuckles, and I hope we can continue pulling your optimistic leg for years to come.
All opinions are allowed here.

Thing is Matt by the time 2020 had come around most of us had already waited for a number of years for SOMETHING to happen.

Hence any enthusiasm for the project had already died a death by then. No matter who came in and said PR about it, with nothing physical happening it was all empty words.

I think I went to one of their in-person consultations with models and the like in 2014...? We're almost 9 years on and any belief I had died years ago, long before your infinite chirpiness arrived on the scene @Matt N !

A humble, but not required apology.

Your ever-fierce optimism and hope has been noted over the years, and your resignation and open letter of defeat is a sign that the project's last supporter has finally walked away.

WHEN WILL IT END.

Wouldn't put yourself down @Matt N, could be worse...you might have tried to be optimistic about M&D's prospects and future under the current scumbags owners for any man who would do that would have been sent to the funny farm so in truth supporting this London park was a more safer bet.

All serious though, just a sorry state of affairs that this happened like this. Oh if only...

The major thing with this project is this forum had every right to be behind it. We were the ones that needed little convincing yet from the get go it didn't convince most. It's been spectacularly poorly handled, almost impressively bad.