• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

Official statement is out
29 Mar 2022

PY Gerbeau said: “In the best interests of the London Resort, we are withdrawing the current application; as a result of the classification of Tilbury as a Freeport which has meant revisions are required in moving the ferry terminal from Tilbury to Grays. We are working closely and collaborating with Thurrock Council on that matter.

“This issue, combined with the decision by Natural England to designate a brownfield contaminated site as a SSSI has impacted the project. We in turn have acquired significant land holdings as part of our mitigation strategy combined with our commitment to spend £150m on environmental improvements on the peninsula. These changes are considered material and as such require withdrawal and resubmission.

“We have repeatedly petitioned for latitude, extensions of time and of course understanding from the Examining Authority and the Planning Inspectorate. Their teams have been extremely supportive, but we recognise that the best route for the Project is through withdrawal and resubmission of a fresh DCO application within this calendar year.

“We will continue our engagement with the local community, statutory bodies, landowners and others to make sure we can reach as many agreements as possible before resubmission. Make no mistake we are still 100% committed to this amazing project and we will resubmit before the end of 2022 and look forward to delivering a world class entertainment resort – the UK deserves better and we will make it happen!”

Still I guess it might open before Mingos new coaster...

"In the best interests of London Resort" doesn't exactly endear this project to the businesses in the area who've been affected by this whole mess. I see they're still on with calling it a "contaminated brownfield site" as well. It doesn't matter what was on the land previously, the fact is there is wildlife and plant life there that Natural England have deemed necessary to protect. The designation was a result of a scientific survey, funnily enough said wildlife and plant life don't choose to actively avoid brownfield sites...

I'd have to question (as I had at the time) this project's continuing designation as a NSIP moving forward. With such a massive focus needed on actual infrastructure projects, I don't think the Planning Inspectorate should be tied up with a leisure attraction DCO. Especially when important things like transport infrastructure, ports, wind farms and power stations to support the UK's energy independence should be at the forefront of what they're dealing with right now. I have no idea if there's a possibility for the designation to be removed now it's been awarded, but if it can be it should certainly be considered. There's no way a private attraction should be gaining the benefits that a NSIP brings, especially when they've shown they're incapable of meeting the deadlines required since it was rewarded such status back in 2014.

The letter to the Planning Inspectorate withdrawing the application has also been published:
Dear Kath,

THE LONDON RESORT DEVELOPMENT CONSENT ORDER (BC080001) WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATION

This letter is to advise you we are withdrawing the application submitted on 31st December 2020, which was accepted for examination on 28th January 2021.

We are very grateful to the Planning Inspectorate, the Examining Authority and many stakeholders who have worked with the London Resort team since acceptance. London Resort Company Holdings is committed to delivering a world class entertainment destination and we have a business case more compelling at any time since we first invested in 2013.

There are changes we would like to make to revise the transport strategy, principally as a result of the classification of Tilbury as a Freeport and consequent implications. This issue, combined with the decision by Natural England to designate a brownfield contaminated site as a SSSI has undermined the project in its current form.

We recognise that the above matters cannot be addressed through the current submission, and the most appropriate mechanism is to re-submit. We look forward to working with the Planning Inspectorate again shortly.

Yours sincerely

PY Gerbeau
Chief Executive
London Resort Company Holdings

@Craig may I ask when this project is deemed a failure and the thread is locked or like the London Resort Holding Company we will keep it going forever. :tearsofjoy:
It's the never ending thread.......
Yes but if the project somehow comes back to life, poor @Craig will have to turn the server upside down to find the key to unlock this thread... 😛🔑

I look forward to the Fyre Fest-esque Netflix documentary in a couple of years.

The London Resort: The UK's Disneyland That Never Was.

Oh, and the inevitable video by Expedition Theme Park reading Wiki articles out about it.
I actually have been following the London Resort saga for some time. Just waiting for the Wiki to be updated so I can make my video on it. ;)

I actually have been following the London Resort saga for some time. Just waiting for the Wiki to be updated so I can make my video on it. ;)

Just a shame there isn't much footage out there for you to steal from others without appropriately crediting. ;)

Just a shame there isn't much footage out there for you to steal from others without appropriately crediting. ;)
I always try and credit and link to the footage I use in videos if possible. I just share something I would find interesting myself and hope other people might too. I have learnt a lot since I started making videos and know it isn't always perfect but it is just me. I don't claim to be some kind of know all theme park historian that knows everything. I don't know or have any more info than anyone else and am obviously unable to get footage to use without the help of the people who have over the years filmed and uploaded footage/archives and they deserve the real credit for just being able to see into a different time frame in the park's history.

I am sorry if you think that is what I do, that is not my intention. I am just a fan of the parks like everyone else and try and find as much information as i can to share.

So I wonder how much cash has been cleaned in this sharrard.

Call me cynical but I think the lack luster "submissions" to the authorities back up the theory that they never had any intention of building a park.

It is no secret that London, along with big banks is the.money laundering capital of the world. This seems to just have been a very elaborate way of cleaning money as strings got tighter.

In that respect, if that was their intentions, it seems like they have been very successful in their true venture...

Last edited:
I do wonder who the secret 'investor' is? Why remain anonymous until planning permission is granted, it makes me believe what @DistortAMG has said above. Perhaps it's somebody like Rishi Sunak's wife. Somebody sort of in the public eye who doesn't want to pay there taxes.

And now the Department for Transport have got fed up with the London resort and have asked them to pay their costs. I hope they do but who knows if they have the money to! 😂
There are so many nails in the coffin I'm surprised there is any wood left.

I wonder how many people they have employed FT during this utter fiasco?

Must be some. What do they do all day?

Typical day in the life of a London Resort Employee:

Stay in bed till 10.30.

Check emails at 10.31. Finished at 10.32.

Board meeting to discuss daily updates at 11am. Finished by 11.01.

Long Lunch 11.01 - 1.30pm.

1.30pm - 3pm - Planet Coaster.

3pm - Early finish

I wonder how many people they have employed FT during this utter fiasco?

Must be some. What do they do all day?

Typical day in the life of a London Resort Employee:

Stay in bed till 10.30.

Check emails at 10.31. Finished at 10.32.

Board meeting to discuss daily updates at 11am. Finished by 11.01.

Long Lunch 11.01 - 1.30pm.

1.30pm - 3pm - Planet Coaster.

3pm - Early finish
where do I apply?