• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

M&D's Incident June 2016

M&Ds shutting down would be the only good thing to come out of this horrible incident.

Good riddance to old tat.

Question, if M&D's was to shut down from this, would this be the only time we'd be revelling over a UK theme park's demise?

Hmm I ownder if parks should employ a star system like food outlets for danger levels. That would allow these more dangerous parks to operate whilst giving the public a sembence of choice at levels of risking thier lives. The laws of natural selection would just do it's job as it does with people who visit the 1* kebab shop near my office..

edit.. OK maybe I shouldn't come up with ideas after less than 3 hours sleep.

I can see the principle behind your idea, though it'd be interesting to see if it'd work in practice.

A kebab shop having only one hygiene star doesn't stop people eating from it when it's the only place open anywhere near you.

I ended up drving past M&D's on Saturday, didn't seem to be any movement or rides operating. Looks like the park wasn't that busy.

:)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't M&Ds have a hotel?!

It's so weird, M&Ds is literally the only theme park in the world which I have no interest whatsoever in visiting. Every other park in the world appeals in some way or another, this is the only one I can think of which doesn't.

It's so weird, M&Ds is literally the only theme park in the world which I have no interest whatsoever in visiting. Every other park in the world appeals in some way or another, this is the only one I can think of which doesn't.

Yes, they do despite what you might think of them. Still, suppose it's better than shipping containers.

But how M&D's have managed to get back up and running again is a miracle. What kind of black magic are they using to still remain up as I was so certain that the crash would've ultimately be their undoing. o_O

There's a hotel next to the park, but I have no idea if they have any connection with each other.

I'm amazed at how quiet this is. No media swarm trashing the park at every opportunity, no constant updates telling me that rollercoasters are death traps and very little communication from the park whatsoever. I know it's a much smaller park than towers, but this is ridiculous. And I have no idea how they managed to reopen the rides. I've never visited the park, but I've never wanted to. Absolutely nothing to draw me to the park. It's been obvious that the park was hanging by a thread before the accident, and after being closed for a month I thought that was it, that the park would just be forgotten about. Don't know how long it will last, though. Can't see it surviving much longer after this.

outrage

At least towers now know what words not to use in SW8's marketing. I know it's not newsworthy in any way, but the only reason I'm posting this is because it highlights how the media are really letting M&D's off.

Thing is with them buying and selling off rides, and with some traveling at fairs they do get a decent income. Give it by next season and the park may very well be gone.

Let's not forget there's sod all in Scotland in the way of theme parks apart from m&ds and that's why they've been keeping afloat.

Having said that most Scottish theme park fans seem to go to pleasure beach/towers and make a holiday of it

As I mentioned in another topic on how to improve M&D's, you just need to get rid of everything that's there, including the owners, and start all over again with a big investor and new ideas to really turn it around. Then again, it's all just a dream I have.

Back on topic, I'm stunned that not only that they still open, but installing a new ride! The park is surely the theme park equivalent of the Black Knight from Monty Python, always keeps getting up no matter how bad its flesh wound may seem! :tearsofjoy: