• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Magic Mountain 2013: "Full Throttle" terrain hugging launch coaster

The Coaster Guy has photos of track for everyone:

SFMM_FT_20121216_2.jpg

SFMM_FT_20121216_3.jpg

SFMM_FT_20121216_4.jpg

SFMM_FT_20121216_1.jpg

:)

Besides a new coaster, Magic Mountain has some new shuttles to take people from the car park to the entrance:

SFMM_Tram_20121219_4.jpg

I wonder what kind of images they place on them?

The shuttles currently used:

SFMM_Tram_20121219_2.jpg

Thanks to The Coaster Guy for the images.

Potentially exciting news from Screamscape :p ...

2014-2015 - Colossus Refurbishment - (1/10/13) Screamscape sources tell us that management at Six Flags Magic Mountain may have received early confirmation that Colossus will be tapped to be the next Six Flags coaster to get the Iron Horse treatment following the transformation of Rattler to Iron Rattler at Fiesta Texas this year. No word yet on just how much will be changed, but the iconic support structure is expected to remain essentially the same. If true, look for Colossus to go away forever before the end of the year, though it seems like the park may try to promote the final days of Colossus rather than just quietly shut it down, so you may get some early warning.

Another RMC coaster can only be a good thing! :D

I'm visiting SF:MM in April/May & I'm really not bothered about Full Throttle opening in time. It's quite sad to say but, it doesn't excite me. Like others, I think the backwards launch is pointless and probably won't add anything to the ride experience.

I believe that they were going for the tallest inversion on a coaster, which was going to be the selling point but Cedar Point have beaten them to it. Now it just seems like a pointless addition, thrown in for the sake of it.

If I'm given the opportunity to ride then I hope my mind is changed but, for now there are so many coasters at SF:MM that appeal to me far more than this.

A day of thrills makes you hungry!
Six Flags Magic Mountain introduces a new Season Dining Pass that lets you eat one lunch and one dinner every time you visit for just one upfront payment of $99.99. Our Dining Pass provides meals throughout the 2013 season.

How Does It Work?
Buy one pass that lets you eat both one lunch and one dinner every time you visit the park. The dining pass is available to Thrill Pass Holders and Season Pass Holders and is added onto the Season Pass card. Each meal comes with one of several entrees. The program features a wide variety of entrees at restaurants all over the park including chicken sandwiches, cheeseburgers, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken strips, pizza, nachos, salads, fish 'n chips, hot dogs, quesadillas, tacos, chicken wings and more.

Awesome! Towers should do this. :p

But it's never open long enough to have a dinner...

If there was a year long luncheon voucher though, I'd be interested...

Some news from Screamscape about Full Throttle getting a theme tune:

2013 - Full Throttle - (2/8/13) Six Flags has announced a partnership with Roadrunner Records (part of Warner Music Group) that will see the first ever release of an original song created for a roller coaster. From the Australian rock band, Airbourne, a special version of the song “Live It Up” will be played at the opening of Full Throttle at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

the first ever release of an original song created for a roller coaster
Oh really?

You Me At Six - The Swarm (Full Length Edit)

::)

Shows how much attention I've been paying to this, I thought plenty of track had gone up already!

It appears the first piece of track has been installed:

thumb_16_711.jpg

thumb_17_704.jpg

There's more from this update here.

And here's Six Flags version of our very own dinky track for The Smiler:

thumb_26_503.jpg

Someone has sent Screamscape a new picture of the area in the image above...

db_2013_0307_FullThrottle11.jpg

2013 - Full Throttle - (3/7/13) A fantastic picture was sent in by a reader today, giving us a look at Full Throttle’s drop down into the old Metro tunnel… which you will then get launched backwards up this spike before falling back down for a forward launch up and over the giant look on the other side of the mountain.

Is that Tatsu in the bottom of the photo? If so, I don't know if it's just the photo quality but it looks in serious need of a re-paint!

:)

I had no idea this ride was going over the Superman plaza. That will ruin a great photo opportunity.
I'm still completely underwhelmed by the whole thing, but will ride in June if it is open by the time I visit.

Regarding the faded colours, pretty much all parks in these hot locations suffer the same thing (think Parque Warner etc), even though Goliath still looks quite bright in the background!! Six Flags won't do a repaint, unless they are re-branding the coaster!

Dear god, and we complain about Merlin being tight on repaints! What was the original colour of Scream?

When it was much younger, Scream looked like this:

scream9.jpg

And take a look at how they presented it in some concept art:

screamart1.jpg

BigAl said:
And take a look at how they presented it in some concept art:

screamart1.jpg
This was when Six Flags thought trees and bushes could just grow out of tarmac car parks! :p