• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

I don't refer to the capsules when I say don't sell cans/cups, I mean just general drinks.

They can't justify the capsule price change by saying 'it's because of wasps'.

Yes, people are disgusting and stupid tipping sugary drinks around, but even if they banned the capsule altogether it would go very little way to solving the wasp problem.

Yes, people will be less likely to tip drinks away if they pay per drink, but they should be actively tackling the wasp issue rather than using this price hike as an excuse to have a go at people for 'using' the service in this way. They are basically saying 'the public are responsible'.

They should have free water fountains. If they had fountains they could provide a drain for emptying drinks capsules. But then they wouldn't be making money from a basic human need to stay hydrated, only from fussy people who 'don't like' water.

If they REALLY think wasps are caused by abuse of the capsules they should do away with them altogether!

Their PR is laughable.

We're doing this because of this! WOOOT!

(Bad Response).

Ok, we're doing it because of this - for you.

(See above).

Ok, actually, we are doing it because of this and this, so stop moaning or we will get very cross with you!

Someone, actually sat there and thought. I HAVE A GREAT IDEA!! Let's repackage this price rise like it's been developed at Hogwarts. The public will LOVE it! Wow. Yay me!! I'm awesome YEAH. TEAM MERLIN! YOU ESSS EHHH. YOU ESS EH!

Banners. Party poppers. Ballooooooooooooooons.

Oh.

Fail.

So its probably safe to say a large amount of TowersStreet members have annual passes, has anyone received these premium packs yet? The way the email reads is that quite a few have been sent out, but due to the weather you might not have got it yet. I don't know anyone who has got them yet. Pretty sure they probably haven't even been sent (maybe not even produced yet!).

As for the drinks capsule, i'm just looking forward to their next post! Also what about those people who don't have FB or like Merlin on FB? The first they will hear about this is when they go to buy a capsule on park!

I expect the information is in the premium pack... oh... never mind.

When they say they can't issue them due to severe weather problems [such as floods], I assume they are referring to the floods of complaints or comments of anger from the public? I've not been affected by the floods in any shape or form and nor has the surrounding area for a hefty distance, so that isn't really an excuse to any potential MAP holders from my area.

That, or they're too cheap to afford postage stamps.

As far as I'm aware the postal service hasn't collapsed in the current weather conditions. I'm still getting post from all other companies I deal with.

But I suppose we better take them on their word as I really hope they are not using something causing misery to thousands to excuse a delay due to an alternative reason.

According to a friend annual pass holder who bought one from SeaLife if you get the drinks capsule you have to agree to 'terms and conditions' which state if the capsule is broken, damaged or goes faulty you have to pay for a new one.

Previously if a capsule had started leaking Merlin replaced them free of charge. Now it seems it's tough and you have to pay for a new one.

Can someone clarify this and if it's true it makes it obvious they are cashing in. Especially as the drinks capsules i've had in the past have genuinely gone faulty after a few visits due to poor build quality.

they would surely have a tough time making someone pay for a new capsule that has gone faulty.

Does the Sales of Goods act apply even to cheap and flimsy drink capsules? If so, then no matter what they put in their t&c's, they will not overide the Sale of Goods act in regards to the replacement of faulty goods :)

I'm also in the situation of buying two of my MAPs with Tesco vouchers and paid extra for the unlimited drinks. I think it was an extra £2 each which in real money is six to eight pounds I suppose so I'm not gonna be too happy if all I get is a cup that would only cost £2 to buy anyway.

On the plus side Sunday was my first visit using my MAP and I really enjoyed it. It's so much more laid back when you're not dashing round trying to squeeze every last ride into your visit like normal. Three goes on Nemesis, three on Air, one each on Sonic and RMT and then a nice stroll around looking at stuff I've never made time for before.

I'm off there again today !

Laura said:
I don't refer to the capsules when I say don't sell cans/cups, I mean just general drinks.

They should have free water fountains. If they had fountains they could provide a drain for emptying drinks capsules. But then they wouldn't be making money from a basic human need to stay hydrated, only from fussy people who 'don't like' water.

If they REALLY think wasps are caused by abuse of the capsules they should do away with them altogether!

They really should provide water fountains anyway I think, halfway though any queue that is likely to be more than an hour and in central areas (maybe outside toilets).

I think a lot of the wasp issue is to do with people emptying out refillable drinks but I think it's mainly the red day bottle not the AP ones. Most other cans and bottles would go into a bin, but refillables people tend to empty them before getting onto a ride.

Kieron said:
According to a friend annual pass holder who bought one from SeaLife if you get the drinks capsule you have to agree to 'terms and conditions' which state if the capsule is broken, damaged or goes faulty you have to pay for a new one.

Previously if a capsule had started leaking Merlin replaced them free of charge. Now it seems it's tough and you have to pay for a new one.

Can someone clarify this and if it's true it makes it obvious they are cashing in. Especially as the drinks capsules i've had in the past have genuinely gone faulty after a few visits due to poor build quality.

You would reasonably expect an 'annual' drinks capsule to last for the entire year, so I think you'd have a case for a replacement.

As others have said, surely the Sale of Goods Act would cover you. If something isn't fit for purpose you're entitled to a replacement or refund.

I would of thought that if you had purchased your Annual Pass before the changes to the T&C's in regards of the drinks capsule, regardless of when you actually collect your new pass, you would be subject to the T&C's as they were when you made the initial purchase if Merlin failed to inform you as per condition 29?

29. The Merlin Entertainments Group reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions by giving Annual Pass holders no less than 30 days’ written notice of such variation by using the details provided in accordance with clause 4.

I know some people have asked on their Facebook page such a question, but as per norm, when the going gets tough, they simply bury their heads in the sand and simply don't bother to reply. Which is very poor customer service.

Renewed my pass over the January sale and went to collect today - interestingly I was just handed a privelege pack along with my pass. This makes me wonder if I'll end up getting sent another in the post.

Heres a picture of the contents if anyone is interested!

ury9e5yp.jpg

Ohhh, that orange lanyard will go well with my Efteling winter hat I got included in my €3.50 Hot Dog...