• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

The boxes actually do look quite nice! Won't be using the lanyard but it also looks good quality. what's in the discount book?

Each to their own, but it's gonna be so cringey seeing people walking around with those bright orange 'Premium' lanyards hanging from their necks. :p

Scott said:
The boxes actually do look quite nice! Won't be using the lanyard but it also looks good quality. what's in the discount book?

The discount book contains the usual rubbish you can find on the MAP website advertising their rides and attractions and then the back page just has the vouchers
be4era5a.jpg

As far as I'm aware, the cheapest fastrack at Alton Towers is £6. Whilst you'll be able to use the vouchers at Chessie and Thorpe to get on rides for free (...), you'll still have to spend money to use it at Towers - and the only rides you'll queue jump will be Charlie, River Rapids and RMT.

You'll be able to use it for a single ride fastrack, in which case you wouldn't have to part with any cash unless you used it on the Smiler. At the end of last season all the major coasters at Towers were £5, or £10 for the Smiler.

Can't imagine anything more nauseating than a few precocious fifteen-year-old 'enthusiasts' strutting around the park wearing those vile lanyards!

I have never understood anyone who wears lanyards outside of work.

And as for work I will keep my current Europa Park staff lanyard :)

Haha, it'll be funny to see the young teen pass holders walking around with their lanyards acting like gods gift. :p I doubt many people (adult wise) will wear it on show - maybe under clothes but that'll be it. Just seems like something to have as a bit of novelty really. I love lanyards but never use them (apart from uni where you need it at every angle)!

Dave said:
I have never understood anyone who wears lanyards outside of work.

And as for work I will keep my current Europa Park staff lanyard :)

I'm not allowed to use my AT one at work :( Standard blue "staff" ones only!

James said:
I doubt many people (adult wise) will wear it on show - maybe under clothes but that'll be it. Just seems like something to have as a bit of novelty really.
Oh you'd be surprised... At Lego last year I often saw loads of family groups walking around adorned with MAP lanyards.

Wasn't even for pop badges as you might expect - didn't really see any MAP lanyards with pop badges, just plain lanyards, with MAP attached on the bottom for all to see...

I think the whole lanyard thing at theme parks may come from the USA. When I was at BGW it was more a case of who wasn't wearing a lanyard than who was! They give them out all all their passholders and you can ask for one for day tickets if you wish.

:)

I don't understand the need for a lanyard for the pass. Apart from when you're entering the attraction, the only times you'll pull it out are when you're buying stuff - and even then you're going into your wallet/purse anyway.

As I said, I'm going to purchase all the pin badges eventually, and attach them to the lanyard. :/

Wouldn't you be worried wearing that around the park? Unless you superglued the badges on it's likely many would go missing.

I expect lanyards on show would be a H&S risk and would need to be removed or tucked away on rides also! Who knows when it might get caught on nearby scaffolding?

Tom.B said:
As I said, I'm going to purchase all the pin badges eventually, and attach them to the lanyard. :/

OK, but don't expect anyone to visit the parks with you.

I think the whole idea of lanyards outside a place where they're a requirement (like in a workplace or somewhere like a college or a uni), very cringeworthy.

But each to their own.