• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

Yep I got mine today too!

Definitely WON'T be wearing my lanyard as it's such an eyesore! The card holder bit looks very vulnerable too, so will just keep it in my wallet. I was expecting there to be much more info in the booklet, and I don't see anything about how to maximise your days out. :S

I'll definitely be waiting for a busy day before I use my AT FastTrack, and I'm almost guaranteed not to go to Chessy, so I'll see if I can swap it for another AT. Sincerely doubt it, but one can only try! :p

djtruefitt said:
Got mine too! Clearly they only posted them all a day or two ago!

Which surely means it had nothing to do with the weather, and couldn't be arced to post them out, but they used the bad weather as an excuse. Lucky, lucky them!

Tom.B said:
djtruefitt said:
Got mine too! Clearly they only posted them all a day or two ago!

Which surely means it had nothing to do with the weather, and couldn't be arced to post them out, but they used the bad weather as an excuse. Lucky, lucky them!
I would assume they just had supply issues rather than just not bothering.

You're right to say that the weather was a lucky excuse though!

So are we to assume something's gone awry with the VIP pass then?

March is pretty much over, but yesterday they posted: "We will be launching all details regarding the VIP very soon! Please keep an eye out on your emails and Facebook Page for further information. Thank you for your patience.".

I don't really know what the delay is.

Probably the same mystery delay with the sending out of the premium packs. I finally got mine but only because I picked it up from the annual pass office in AT when I renewed my pass on Saturday.

GaryH said:
I finally got mine but only because I picked it up from the annual pass office in AT when I renewed my pass on Saturday.
So that'd be your first instance of getting the pack anyway as last years don't get them? (Least, i don't seem to get one!).

Who knows though. Didn't think that many people were interested in VIP?!

Yeah the premium packs come with the new passes. Therefore only new passholders or renewals will get them.

nickhutson said:
It's also worth mentioning when wearing the lanyard you get 30% off stuff (as opposed to the usual 20%)

Thanks, I had no idea, I'm assuming you have to point it out to the server?

Where, at Merlin, should I send an email complaining about the privilege pack as I still haven't received mine!

nickhutson said:
It's also worth mentioning when wearing the lanyard you get 30% off stuff (as opposed to the usual 20%)

It's probably worth it for them because so few people will actually wear the lanyard in public! I'd rather just get the 20% off than wear it ;)

Far too many people were wearing the lanyards over opening weekend! I saw loads of people walking around with them on. They're very visible as well.

:)

Alastair said:
nickhutson said:

It's probably worth it for them because so few people will actually wear the lanyard in public! I'd rather just get the 20% off than wear it ;)

Erm, if you wear a lanyard you get 30% off?

Where is this written? Either way, it's very much a "Look at how important you are" discount... And not mentioning it is particularly Merlin-esque...

So stupid...

Is the 30% thing actually serious? I think it was probably a joke.

:)