• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

If it were competitions I would guess they would have written it as "Exclusive entry into Annual Pass competitions" or something like that. Given "Discounts on Food and Beverages" is written underneath I assumed it fits in with park perks and they had made a spelling error (which seems common with the people who manage the AP websites). Saying that, given the track record of messy spelling and grammar and wording on the AP website it could be either.

If I had the cash, I would be all over that VIP pass!

I tentatively say that the rest does not look that bad so far.

thefatone said:
How did they come to the conclusion that carparking is worth £30?
I guess they probably took an average number of visits to parks and multiplied the car parking charge by that. If the average MAP holder makes 5 trips to Towers that would be a saving of £30.

Standard Pass
Exclusions

NO ENTRY
Madame Tussauds (London)
1-31 August

EDF Energy London Eye
1-31 August
14 February 29 - 31 October

SEA LIFE London Aquarium
1-31 August

London Dungeon
1-31 August
1 - 10 March
29 - 31 October

Warwick Castle
Secondary attractions at Warwick Castle including, but not limited to, the Castle Dungeon and Merlin the Dragon Tower will be subject to additional charges;

THORPE PARK
An event booking fee will apply to Fright Nights and other special events at THORPE PARK regardless of the time of entry or departure;

Bank Holidays
- All London Attractions
January 1, April 18, April 21, May 5, May 26, August 25 December 26

Doesn't seem like any drastic changes to the blackout dates this year either. Seems like everything's alright thus year (apart from the new branding...)

Seems a decent package really, not sure where the money is in the VIP pass but it will probably sell.

No complaints

I'm surprised one can purchase said annual passes online. I bought mine today online, and I was expecting to have to go and pick it up from a Merlin attraction. The free royal mail delivery was a nice surprise too!

Regarding this £30 free parking, does that mean that say I went to AT 6 times, I'd have to pay my £6 parking fee on the 6th? And what about if I go to other theme parks too? Surely they can't track how many times you've parked up, unless they give you 5 £6 vouchers. :/

If I renew and have to collect my MAP at Towers during the Feb half term event, can I still get entry into the park in order to renew the pass?

I've got a few things to say about the latest options.

Firstly, I'm quite pleasantly surprised that the price has remained reasonable for the Premium Pass. I'm happy to renew on those terms. The Fast-track thing looks to be just a little nicety for a single visit, and the birthday thing for friends is a nice little touch (if you're lucky enough to have your birthday at the right time).

The V.I.P Pass? I can think of people who will buy this. If people have a good few spare quid and already buy an annual pass, multiple Fast-tracks, and who would also be willing to pay for behind the scenes tours etc on top (let's suggest that people might be willing to pay £50 or so for each behind the scenes tour), the money they spend would be creeping towards or over that price anyway over 12 months. I've neglected to flick back a couple of pages but there were another couple of benefits too if I remember correctly. Advanced car parking etc?

Another thing. I sometimes renew my premium pass (actually buy a standard pass- then upgrade) using Tesco Clubcard vouchers. Is it still £50 of vouchers? Then, how much would I have to pay on top to upgrade at a Merlin park to premium? Is it worth me using my clubcard vouchers really? Obviously I can renew my existing premium pass but it doesn't run out until around July. Advice? It doesn't bother me whether I renew by clubcard points or cash, or when, as long as I get the best deal. Cheers guys ;)

Tom.B said:
I'm surprised one can purchase said annual passes online. I bought mine today online, and I was expecting to have to go and pick it up from a Merlin attraction. The free royal mail delivery was a nice surprise too!
How did you manage to get it to do that?

JAMMYD778 said:
If I renew and have to collect my MAP at Towers during the Feb half term event, can I still get entry into the park in order to renew the pass?

Sometimes you need a ticket from the ticket booths, other times showing your renewal confirmation email they may let you in... (keeps changing)

BarryZola said:
Another thing. I sometimes renew my premium pass (actually buy a standard pass- then upgrade) using Tesco Clubcard vouchers. Is it still £50 of vouchers? Then, how much would I have to pay on top to upgrade at a Merlin park to premium? Is it worth me using my clubcard vouchers really? Obviously I can renew my existing premium pass but it doesn't run out until around July. Advice? It doesn't bother me whether I renew by clubcard points or cash, or when, as long as I get the best deal. Cheers guys ;)

It's still £40 to upgrade from Standard to Premium, and £50 of Tesco Vouchers...

Scott said:
Tom.B said:

SAVE TIME & AVOID THE QUEUES: Have your pass magically delivered to you for FREE (now that is magic!). It’s simple – upload your photos (sensible ones please), select the Royal Mail – Recorded delivery option and your passes will magically appear within 3-5 working days

Dean said:
Scott said:
Tom.B said:

SAVE TIME & AVOID THE QUEUES: Have your pass magically delivered to you for FREE (now that is magic!). It’s simple – upload your photos (sensible ones please), select the Royal Mail – Recorded delivery option and your passes will magically appear within 3-5 working days
Thats fair enough but I don't physically see the option for it on the website? It just directs me to my chosen attractions website. Where's the option for Royal Mail delivery?

Tom.B said:
Regarding this £30 free parking, does that mean that say I went to AT 6 times, I'd have to pay my £6 parking fee on the 6th? And what about if I go to other theme parks too? Surely they can't track how many times you've parked up, unless they give you 5 £6 vouchers. :/

No of course not - you get free parking no matter how many times you go. I think it's merely trying to predict how much people would save, it's by no means a fixed figure.

Scott said:
Thats fair enough but I don't physically see the option for it on the website? It just directs me to my chosen attractions website. Where's the option for Royal Mail delivery?

Delivery options are shown after you have filled out your details on the first page of the booking system...

Only new passes have the option for free Royal mail delivery, I believe...

thefatone said:
Dean said:
It’s simple – upload your photos (sensible ones please)
Boring, I always have stupid photos on mine and use it as a talking point at every attraction. Oh wells! ;)

I think the traditional "moonie" would be a great one, particularly if asked to prove the card is yours.