• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

No unlimited drinks though unless you get the VIP pass now. I assume they mean the annual pass unlimited refill drinks containers?

Well I've just ordered my new one through ClubCard again. Saves some money :p

One thing I have noticed is that whilst Merlin have frozen the Standard MAP price, Tesco have actually increased it to £50 this year. Bit off if you ask me, but ho hum, it's still £119 I don't have to pay out lol.

I have to say though I really dislike this new MAP brand image they've gone for. It feels very corporate and generic in comparison to the old design, and yet, somewhat contradictory, they're trying to push the "magic" and "wizard" image and marketing spiel more as far as I can tell. Not exactly a magical look though. I much preferred the old style :(

med_gallery_6731_93_277182.jpg

It just feels oh so First corporate branding (as someones mentioned before). Not exactly magical.

standard-card.png

Renewed mine yesterday to pick up at towers, conveniently my current pass expires a week after the park reopens in March.

Renewing the premium pass has worked out slightly cheaper than what I paid last year as well.

This 'Birthday Club' thing gives you £10 tickets for your friends within 10 days of your birthday, right?

Seems a bit unfair for those without birthdays during main season...

Sam said:
This 'Birthday Club' thing gives you £10 tickets for your friends within 10 days of your birthday, right?

Seems a bit unfair for those without birthdays during main season...

As AstroDan stated, Europa Park and Phantasialand offer free admission to children only on their birthday, but if the park is closed they don't get anything.

That's life, ultimately its a very minor perk when the main reason to buy an Annual Pass is for park entry.

I tell ya, I've just bought an annual pass for the first time, and for the first time ever, the closed season has dragged.

The NEW Privilege Pack contains:-

- A Special Premium lanyard
- A £5 Fastrack voucher for Chessington World of Adventures Resort
- A £5 Fastrack voucher for THORPE PARK
- A £5 Fastrack voucher for Alton Towers Resort
- Birthday club vouchers (Bring 3 friends along to celebrate your birthday for just £10 per person)
- A kids eat free voucher for LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
- A Premium Pass guide (Some useful hints and tips to help you get the most out of your year)

Dean said:
The NEW Privilege Pack contains:-

- A Special Premium lanyard
- A £5 Fastrack voucher for Chessington World of Adventures Resort
- A £5 Fastrack voucher for THORPE PARK
- A £5 Fastrack voucher for Alton Towers Resort
- Birthday club vouchers (Bring 3 friends along to celebrate your birthday for just £10 per person)
- A kids eat free voucher for LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
- A Premium Pass guide (Some useful hints and tips to help you get the most out of your year)

Can I ask where you got this information from?

Dean said:
No you can't... ;)

Merlin Annual Pass Facebook page... :twirly:

Sorry I don't have Facebook and am useless when it comes to it. Screenshot?

Also the Drinks Capsule hasn't been removed from the passes, and details of 2014's capsule will be emailed soon...

So not sure what they want to change?

The price probably...

Families tend to buy one for everyone, they literally print money with them... Wouldn't be surprised if they hit £20 soon...

James said:
Tom.B said:
Tom.B said:
Sorry I don't have Facebook and am useless when it comes to it. Screenshot?

Please?

Do you really need proof with a screenshot. Dean is a well established member so he is correct with his post.

Yes, I fully believe him, but like with any fan site/secondary information etc, I feel the need to see the official information on the official site. It's the same with any news on TS regarding perks etc. :)

Dean said:
Also the Drinks Capsule hasn't been removed from the passes, and details of 2014's capsule will be emailed soon...

So not sure what they want to change?
Doubt anything, bar price as Benzin said. It'd be weird for them to change it to a year round capsule in relation to your expiry date of your pass just to change it 11 months later.