• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

For anyone wondering about the cheaper birthday tickets, the staff at Sea Life Manchester were saying that you will be able to claim them before the theme parks close if your birthday is out of season.

Whether or not that information is correct is another matter.

Just for darling Tom, here is a screenshot from the Facebook page (which, incidentally, has had its name changed to 'Merlin Annual Pass & Merlin Membership'):

1535466_10152118839161153_1680299117_n.png

Hope the Premium Pass guide means that standard pass holders stop getting that VIP magazine junk through the mail.

If only I could have held out to renew my Premium Pass now rather than during Scarefest. I want a lanyard! :(

That lanyard seems to be influencing people's opinions!

I still won't buy one as I don't visit enough to warrant one but the new additions do seem quite good for the price when you compare it to other passes.

I don't know why but lanyards are just awesome! Typically I renewed my pass on the last day of the season, bugger!

:)

Did I mention I'm totally getting a MAP this year?

*forum breaks at the news that I attended a meet and bought a MAP in the same year*

I can't see 1,000 VIP passes being sold and I think they agree, hence having a signing up period to gauge interest and prevent embarrassment.

I don't think 3 x single-use, single-ride Fastracks for each park will sway many people to get a Premium pass. The 40% renewal discount is fairly decent, however. I have had a Premium for the past two years but I decided not to renew upon expiry in October, and these announcements have not changed my mind - but it all comes down to how many times you visit, and my 2013 count didn't justify renewal by a long way.

The parks are in slow decline in my opinion, and there is nothing new on offer in terms of thrills at any of them next year. It seems like a good year to 'sit out' of having a pass (although probably making a couple of visits still) and see how the stock market flotation affects things over 2014.

It's always worth getting one for me, towers meets are about the friends and as much as the park isn't as good as it could be it's still decent compared to a lot. Premium pass is needed purely for parking.

There is nothing to complain about though, still a good deal :)

I will certainly be renewing my premium pass in the next few weeks, it will work out a couple of pound cheaper this year as well! I think I paid £121 last year, this year it is £119 to renew! The new premium perks are nice, and its good to see the price hasn't really increased.

Does anyone know if you can renew your annual pass at any park, even if you bought it originally elsewhere? I would guess yes, as they will take a new photo anyway.

As for the super VIP pass, it certainly isn't for me! I suppose if you visit a lot and buy fastrack, etc already, then it might be for you. However you really need to know other people with it, otherwise you will be doing these backstage tours, Fastrack, etc on your own!

I'm getting a premium because I was originally planning on buying an AT Annual Pass (£120), and as a premium MAP is only £5 more than what I was prepared to pay, why not, and get other perks and entry to 30 other o fate UK's top attractions!

I just got a premium pass because I could afford it tbh :p all I knew when buying it was one or two of the perks, but now that I know how much I got for my money, I'm very pleased :)

I get the premium pass simply due to the free parking however I do try to make a variety of trips to Thorpe, Chessie and Towers, along with 1/2 trips to Dungeons, Tussauds etc. so it makes it worth it. :)

£5 in fastrack vouchers is a pitiful reward, they should have just left it as it was. I also dare anyone to walk around in public with a MAP lanyard on!

djtruefitt said:
Does anyone know if you can renew your annual pass at any park, even if you bought it originally elsewhere? I would guess yes, as they will take a new photo anyway.

Yeah, it doesn't matter where you renew your pass, just your details will already be on the system.

Also if you lose your pass you must visit the attraction where you got your pass printed, to have it re-printed... :twirly:

Alastair said:
£5 in fastrack vouchers is a pitiful reward, they should have just left it as it was. I also dare anyone to walk around in public with a MAP lanyard on!

It's £5 more than you got before for no real cost increase. Better than a poke in the eye :)

I think most people would be happier to have £15 off the Pass, rather than FastTrack vouchers, which you can not use at Towers without spending money.

And why is Legoland food Voucher for Children only (I bet it requires an adult to purchase something)? A bit like the Birthday Perk, if you don't have children, or your Birthday falls outside when the park is open, its not much use.

I am sure there is people who will benefit from this, but I just see this as a way to help Merlin up-sell to guests before they even get through the gate.

Ian

Dean said:
djtruefitt said:

Yeah, it doesn't matter where you renew your pass, just your details will already be on the system.

Also if you lose your pass you must visit the attraction where you got your pass printed, to have it re-printed... :twirly:

As far as I'm aware Merlin have no centralised database for passholder details, which is a bit of an embarrassment when you renew at a different location (this was certainly the case in late 2012; I renewed at Wallet Castle, got a duff print and had to grudgingly return for a replacement). You can renew anywhere, but you have to give them all your details because only the attraction you purchased at last time has them. That's probably the main reason for Dean's second point, but they're hardly going to admit that their systems are hopeless!

Alastair said:
I also dare anyone to walk around in public with a MAP lanyard on!

In public... nah, in a theme park... yup!

I wonder if you'll be able to exchange your Chessy and Thorpe F/Ts for another 2 AT ones. I somehow doubt it, but it'll be worth a shot.