• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Parks & Attractions: Quick Questions.

Does anyone have an idea as to when 2022 Thope Park Student tickets will be available on the website? Or are they already available through Student Beans or TOTUM?

Just checked the Student Beans app and £20 weekday tickets are available to book for Alton Towers and Thorpe Park (£25 at Alton and £28 at Thorpe for weekend and school holidays). Legoland is listed in the Student Beans app but the Accesso booking link has an error.

Does anyone know how much ride photos are at Thorpe and if they do an unlimited digital photos thing?
I can't seem to find anything on the website.

We’re staying in the chessington hotel in a few weeks and I have a parking question. Check in isn’t until 3 and we weren’t planning on checking in until after the park closes so we can make the most of our first day, are we allowed to park in the hotel car park during the day before we’ve checked in? Don’t want to risk getting a parking ticket. No idea how it works as never stayed on site before.

That's fine. I've arrived before about 10ish and parked in the hotel car park then checked in later in the afternoon. Historically you can get a ticket for the barrier when you checkout which you scan to open the barrier, although on my last visit they weren't even doing that (barrier just opened on its own).

However you might want to have your reservation details to hand when you arrive. Sometimes they want to see proof before letting you into the hotel car park.

That's fine. I've arrived before about 10ish and parked in the hotel car park then checked in later in the afternoon. Historically you can get a ticket for the barrier when you checkout which you scan to open the barrier, although on my last visit they weren't even doing that (barrier just opened on its own).

However you might want to have your reservation details to hand when you arrive. Sometimes they want to see proof before letting you into the hotel car park.
Thanks, this is very helpful!

Can ambulant RAP (using the old Fastrack queue) access the front row queue on Colossus at Thorpe?
If not I'll have to do it when the queue is short as I specifically want the front row for my first ride lol.

Can ambulant RAP (using the old Fastrack queue) access the front row queue on Colossus at Thorpe?
If not I'll have to do it when the queue is short as I specifically want the front row for my first ride lol.
Yep, the RAP queue merges with the main queue before the front row queue splits off.

The front row queue can get long though, so if you can't queue for long periods (thus using RAP) then I'd strongly suggest not waiting for the front.
I'm probably going to do it early to get it out of the way (is my least anticipated big coaster), so the FRQ should hopefully be short. I can stand for long periods, it's crowds that I find difficult. The station atmosphere will probably help mind. I'll need to sit in the front of a car (of not the very front) anyway because of my long legs. If the front row queue is big I'll aim for the front of the second car (row 3).

I'll probably do Inferno in the back as it's smooth, because its FRQ apparently has a cattlepen.

Last edited:
I'll probably do Inferno in the back as it's smooth, because its FRQ apparently has a cattlepen.
Unless this has been a recent change (in which case ignore me), I certainly don't remember Inferno's front row queue having a cattlepen. It's the same as Nemesis', for all intents and purposes.

It doesn't. You self-batch like on Nemesis.

The only coasters at Thorpe that do are Stealth & Saw, from memory.
Inferno did have a batcher last time I went (who was doing an awful job and the ride would have ran quicker without them), but that might have been before breaks had started. The batcher on stealth was also doing a awful job, but not actually batching anyone anywhere and it was just a total free for all.

Saw also didn’t have a batcher when I went, but I know it has previously.

Inferno did have a batcher last time I went (who was doing an awful job and the ride would have ran quicker without them), but that might have been before breaks had started. The batcher on stealth was also doing a awful job, but not actually batching anyone anywhere and it was just a total free for all.

Saw also didn’t have a batcher when I went, but I know it has previously.
Saw is back to having a batcher, it's rare that it doesn't.

Saw is back to having a batcher, it's rare that it doesn't.

When I went recently both Saw and Inferno had a batcher. However Inferno also had a guy in the booth that was prone to breaking out in to song, most people in the queue seemed to love it but I wasn’t so sure myself.

Last edited: