• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Parks & Attractions: Quick Questions.

Does anyone have a direct number for the alton hotel these days ? Not essential yet keep getting rung off. Lol

Just a quick question about Thorpe. Do any of the rides apart from Saw have a single rider queue? I'm aware that Saw has one but was wondering if any of the other rides do

Just a quick question about Thorpe. Do any of the rides apart from Saw have a single rider queue? I'm aware that Saw has one but was wondering if any of the other rides do
So far it Saw, TWD and Samurai only. They did say they were planning to add single rider to Stealth later this year too but I don't think they have that added yet.

Not quite sure if this is the right thread - feel free to move if not. My Alton Towers Gold Pass is due to expire in two weeks, and I'm trying to decide whether to just renew my Towers pass or opt for a Merlin pass instead. Visited Alton Towers 16 times with my pass in the 12 months I've had it, so I've definitely got my money's worth, however we were potentially thinking of possibly doing Thorpe and Chessington in a trip this year, so I was thinking it may be worth opting for a Platinum pass instead?

We also always do Towers fireworks which are obviously an upcharge/blackout date for the Gold Merlin and AT passes, therefore I thought I may as well opt for the Platinum Merlin pass instead which includes the fireworks.

Thought I'd get some second opinions on what might be the best options for renewals and what you'd do if you were in the same boat. Cheers!

Isn't it £20 to book fireworks on a Gold Merlin pass? Maybe factor that in if deciding a Platinum is really worthwhile.

Isn't it £20 to book fireworks on a Gold Merlin pass? Maybe factor that in if deciding a Platinum is really worthwhile.
That’s what I was thinking, I can get student discount on the Merlin passes which only makes it a £30 difference between the gold and platinum passes. Looks like that is what I’ll be going for

That’s what I was thinking, I can get student discount on the Merlin passes which only makes it a £30 difference between the gold and platinum passes. Looks like that is what I’ll be going for
I'd always say get a Merlin pass. I know they can be a bit more expensive, but the amount of attractions it gets you into is crazy. I have a sliver merlin pass (Ik not very exciting but I don't have loads of dispoasable income lol) that I mainly use for thorpe park but I also use for places like the London dungeons and sea life in the closed season when I cannot go to theme parks with mates. It's definitly more useful being able to go to thorpe, towers and chessington etc all one pass and for me at least outweighs the cost greatly (then once again I only pay £10 a month and use it at least 15 times a year).

Does anyone know what time the turnstiles open at Chessy? We're aiming to arrive around 9ish on Sunday.

Weird question, but is it possible for a person at school to do work experience at TP or Chessington?

Chessington have a section on their website, the answer being no. I can't find a similar page on the Thorpe Park site but I imagine the answer is also no. You could enquire with them using the details here.

If they did offer work experience then it would likely be in a low risk area such as an office or shop.

does anyone know if samurai at thorpe park still has it's single rider queue?

I just used my student discount to get a platinum pass, the coca cola freestyle alone makes it more worth it too me, I mainly just got it for towers with everything else being an extra

(I know merlin attractions already do student discounts but that money adds up)

Hi, so me and my friend are going to go on the London eye, he has a silver pass and I have a gold. But on the website it says gold pass holders use fastrack entrance, but has no mention of silver pass. So does anybody know what entrance to use. If he can’t use fastrack then I’ll just go in the normal entrance too. Thanks.

Hi, so me and my friend are going to go on the London eye, he has a silver pass and I have a gold. But on the website it says gold pass holders use fastrack entrance, but has no mention of silver pass. So does anybody know what entrance to use. If he can’t use fastrack then I’ll just go in the normal entrance too. Thanks.
Yeah I think only gold and above get Fastrack access to the Eye

Are the wind limits on Thorpes website correct because I've definitely seen Stealth open longer than Swarm today even though its wind limit is supposed to be lower?

Hey guys, I know that Chessington and Alton have their tree height build restriction but is there a specific height or is it actually just the tops of the trees. Thanks

Hey guys, I know that Chessington and Alton have their tree height build restriction but is there a specific height or is it actually just the tops of the trees. Thanks
Think it’s just the tallest tree in a given area. The towers coasters aren’t any taller than 22 meters so that gives you an idea of how small they are compared to Stealth for example

It's not necessarily about a specific height, but more to do with ensuring structures cannot be seen widely from outside of the park, and that generally means that they cannot exceed the height of the treeline. There are of course exceptions to this when suitable mitigations can be put in place (which is why the high points on Rita and Galactica are painted dark green).