• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Parks & Attractions: Quick Questions.

Please can anyone advise how the London Eye works with a premium pass these days? My last few visits I just rocked up to the priority entrance, but checking the website it seems like you now have to pay in advance and reserve a slot? If you don't then you have to go to the ticket office and get one? Is that actually the case?

Please can anyone advise how the London Eye works with a premium pass these days? My last few visits I just rocked up to the priority entrance, but checking the website it seems like you now have to pay in advance and reserve a slot? If you don't then you have to go to the ticket office and get one? Is that actually the case?
Yes the timed slot is enforced at the moment.

Much easier to pay the £1 and get the slot you want rather than turn up at 11am and told next slot is 4pm.

https://support.londoneye.com/hc/en...ow-do-I-pre-book-using-my-Merlin-Annual-Pass-

It's permanent, came in about three months ago (sea life has had it for over a year iirc) it's one of the reasons why we didn't renew (must find some paper and a pen and write a good old fashioned letter to that effect to Nick).

Ok that's good to know, thanks @IanSR. Probably won't be hitting any of the attractions in August but will be after the holidays.

Maybe if enough of us complain @Alsty they'll reverse it, but I doubt it, it must be a nice little revenue stream for them all these passholders paying a quid to reserve a place on a system that never even gets looked at half the time (when we went to Shrek we paid the quid because it was required at the time, when we went in they didn't even bother looking at the reservation and just waved us through like we were regular walk up), same for every other time I've had to do these reservation type things.

ironically the only time I was ever checked, was with free tickets for summer nights at Thorpe, they was as anal about that as anything and turning people away even though the park only had 15 men and a dog in it and could have done with the walk up traffic to keep the rides running.

Four days ago we walked straight up to the priority entrance and onto the ride. Oh Merlin, consistently inconsistent.

It's a shame that he rambles on about cetacean care in general instead of focusing on his very legitimate concerns about the situation in China.

Just wait for the rest of the VIP branded stuff.

T shirt
Trousers
Sock
Hanky
Underpants
Towels
Bath rope
Slippers

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Been on a bit of a MAP frenzy the past few weeks going on the London Eye, London Sealife, Madame Tussauds Blackpool, Blackpool Tower Dungeons, Blackpool Sealife, and the Birmingham Sealife today.

Have to say I've enjoyed every visit, Merlin seem much better at running these attractions than they do theme parks.

Thankfully London wasn't too busy so I got a ticket straight away for the eye and was straight on it via the vip queue they have.

Really impressed with the layout for the Birmingham Sealife center. The best one I've visited for sure.