• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Parks & Attractions: Quick Questions.

Been on a bit of a MAP frenzy the past few weeks going on the London Eye, London Sealife, Madame Tussauds Blackpool, Blackpool Tower Dungeons, Blackpool Sealife, and the Birmingham Sealife today.

Have to say I've enjoyed every visit, Merlin seem much better at running these attractions than they do theme parks.

I agree, they understand their Midway offerings. They are generally well maintained and good quality.
The Legoland resorts seem to be as far as that model stretches.
I do wonder if they would exit the non-Lego theme park side if a good offer came their way from Six Flags, Universal etc.

allthebudgets.jpg

Can’t find a thread dedicated to all things merlin annual pass issues so hijacking this instead. Is there one btw?

Anyway, I’m about to renew in the next few weeks to catch the free digi pass offer. Has anyone else renewed and got this offer? Some of the text is a bit unclear if it’s just for new purchases or also includes renewals. Thanks

Can’t find a thread dedicated to all things merlin annual pass issues so hijacking this instead. Is there one btw?

Anyway, I’m about to renew in the next few weeks to catch the free digi pass offer. Has anyone else renewed and got this offer? Some of the text is a bit unclear if it’s just for new purchases or also includes renewals. Thanks
Map group files say yes.
(Worth a join if your on Facebook).

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Probably best suited here :)

Hi all,

Long time lurker here with a random question!

I’m quite a big guy so I wondered what the maximum chest size is permitted to be able to fit on rollercoasters?

I understand it might be different between coasters but I’ve lost a few stone since being rejected from Shambhala in Portaventura on holiday in 2016 and am keen to get a MAP but only if I can fit on the rides!

Thanks all!

Hi all,

Long time lurker here with a random question!

I’m quite a big guy so I wondered what the maximum chest size is permitted to be able to fit on rollercoasters?

I understand it might be different between coasters but I’ve lost a few stone since being rejected from Shambhala in Portaventura on holiday in 2016 and am keen to get a MAP but only if I can fit on the rides!

Thanks all!
Hi @Big C; welcome to the forums! The signs outside most coasters at Alton Towers seem to indicate a maximum chest size of roughly 51-52 inches, and from what I've heard, Shambhala is apparently one of the more common coasters to be rejected on due to how low PA want the restraints, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope this helps!