• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Monorail Refurbishment

if they were to replace it I would imagine they would follow the current route and use some of the guide ways you find in airports like so: https://www.alstom.com/solutions/ro...efficient-solutions-urban-and-airport-transit,

I would imagine they would try to keep the monorail, I believe europa park recently extended theirs (it is the same model) and I think mack was able to do it and they were extending it to their water park, alton probably could get mack in to retrack it if required, I would imagine it would be cheaper, keep the same historical ride and would probably take less time and reduce interuptions to the service (over a new system)

Taking this into account, maybe a good compromise would be to replace it with a single-track. people mover on the existing route? Takes up about the same amount of space but can move far more people, far more efficiently than present. Okay you don't get the novelty of "Monorail" but in reality, it's still an experience far superior to a bus or land train (and more efficient)

Taking this into account, maybe a good compromise would be to replace it with a single-track. people mover on the existing route? Takes up about the same amount of space but can move far more people, far more efficiently than present. Okay you don't get the novelty of "Monorail" but in reality, it's still an experience far superior to a bus or land train (and more efficient)

It would allow for more people, but i think adding gates onto the stations would masivly increase the curent capacity, as trains are waiting for a few mins before allowed to depart, if that was down to 1 min (30 secs to depart and 30 secs to board) it would be significantly better and probably fit the current requirments much better.

It would allow for more people, but i think adding gates onto the stations would masivly increase the curent capacity, as trains are waiting for a few mins before allowed to depart, if that was down to 1 min (30 secs to depart and 30 secs to board) it would be significantly better and probably fit the current requirments much better.

With a walk-through train and ATO you could do both within 30 seconds.No need for gates or even a queue if managed properly and platform space was adequate! It should be a case of turn up and go with a wait time of 3mins tops. (Less frequent as the park fills up and demand is lower)

With a walk-through train and ATO you could do both within 30 seconds.No need for gates or even a queue if managed properly and platform space was adequate! It should be a case of turn up and go with a wait time of 3mins tops. (Less frequent as the park fills up and demand is lower)
true it would be higher capacity, I was trying to say was they could improve the current systems opperations to a point of workking much better than currently reducing the queue

Extend it so that there's an additional station in the Enchanted Village, air gates at all stations. New posh rolling stock, with each train livered to the old Big 4 railway companies. Make it appear in the background of all marketing materials, jobs a good 'un. Never going to happen though.

Extend it so that there's an additional station in the Enchanted Village, air gates at all stations. New posh rolling stock, with each train livered to the old Big 4 railway companies. Make it appear in the background of all marketing materials, jobs a good 'un. Never going to happen though.

Not sure about the enchanted village but given the park are adding more parking onto the meadow that could increase in the long term, extending to the stargazing pods car park seems a reasonable option.

I’ve always thought it seems a missed opportunity not to have tv screens on there showing partners adverts to try and recoup some money

I think having more than two stations would just cause issues with not being able to get on. Better to move the "car park" end to somewhere closer to the hotel complex, and keep the current "everyone gets off, everyone gets on" set up.

But I'd be more than happy to just have the current system working as intended.

By way of example, using EP Express (or Panoramabahn) at even moderately busy times is always a bit of a stress as you're effectively competing with other guests for a limited number of seats. This is especially true where they have loading bays and you have to just pick one and hope there'll be space.

I guess with Towers at least you'd know people wouldn't be getting off so they could manage it by part loading the train at each station but you'd still be trying to balance capacity between the two depending on queue times etc. Then you'd get people trying to game the system by going to the other station, it all just seems more hassle than it's worth.

I still think loading bays are a logical and relatively cheap fix for the current system and the fact they haven't added them leads me to think the park does not see much of a future for the monorail. I certainly don't see them spending seven or eight figure sums on a major upgrade or replacement.

Has anyone got any pictures of the mural that used to be on the walls of the queue line? Can't seem to find any evidence of it anywhere online

Has anyone got any pictures of the mural that used to be on the walls of the queue line? Can't seem to find any evidence of it anywhere online

The one in the carpark station? The rather excellent one I must add, that had the Haunted House on, I would like to see a picture of this too.