• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Moon Voyager rooms and beyond!

Popped down to the corridor yesterday and it's mental how thorough they're being with this refit - the corridor has been stripped to its absolute bare bones. This is really really exciting - the level of investment going into the Theme Park and Resort over the next few years is utterly crazy and so exciting :D

I hope they don't get rid of all of the Explorer Rooms though with the themed carpets, patchwork quilts and wall pictures though because I rather liked those. I hope all the bathrooms get sorted out however.

I wonder what they will do with the corridors now they are stripping those back.

:)

Sam said:
It's kinda like Dragon Bar. 'Oh, there's lots of people buying drinks? Quick, close the bar!' :p

So every room in ATH is going to be 'themed' in some way? How many of each theme will there be? I presume the first theme is this Moon Voyager thing? Sounds pretty good, it makes every guest's stay just that little bit more special!

Im not exactly sure how many of each there will be, but I think a wing on each floor will have a different theme, such as:

3rd Floor Left wing - MoonVoyager Bedrooms

3rd Floor Right wing - Something else
2nd Floor Left wing - Something else...

...and it goes on, or it may be an entire floor has one theme
CoasterCrazyChris said:
I hope they don't get rid of all of the Explorer Rooms though with the themed carpets, patchwork quilts and wall pictures though because I rather liked those. I hope all the bathrooms get sorted out however.

I wonder what they will do with the corridors now they are stripping those back.

All of the bedrooms will eventually get re-themed and renovated, which means the Explorer/Discovery rooms will go as we know them, whether they make a return through the renovation, I dont know, but I cant see them getting rid of the hotels original story and artwork, we'll just have to wait and see :D

I'm guessing with the rooms being gutted that means we'll be seeing the sad loss of the secret compartments in the rooms? The last of the 90s gone forever.

Anyone else remember the treasure chests you had to find hidden in the rooms back in the 90s/early 00s? I'd love for Alton Towers to bring back something exciting like that for the kids.

Love the fact the hotel is being refurbished, but not too sure about the space theme.... one thing I loved about the hotel is its charm, some of which was because of all the "old" artefacts that Sir whatever his name is had collected on his travels. And then what will happen to the fantastic flying machine in the hotel?

If its just a few rooms then fair enough, I will keep an open mind, but I hope Alton dont "lose" the entire theme and charm of the hotel.

James said:
I'm guessing with the rooms being gutted that means we'll be seeing the sad loss of the secret compartments in the rooms? The last of the 90s gone forever.

:'(

I'll always remember the first time I stayed there in the summer of 1998...

This does sound very exciting if the whole of ATH is getting done! Hopefully the new rooms will be more up to date but still well themed. Merlin really are pumping money into Towers at the moment which is great!

GaryH said:
Love the fact the hotel is being refurbished, but not too sure about the space theme.... one thing I loved about the hotel is its charm, some of which was because of all the "old" artefacts that Sir whatever his name is had collected on his travels. And then what will happen to the fantastic flying machine in the hotel?

If its just a few rooms then fair enough, I will keep an open mind, but I hope Alton dont "lose" the entire theme and charm of the hotel.

It's not a 'futuristic' space theme, It is based on Jules Verne's 'From the Earth to the Moon', so as can been seen from the concept art, it is very steampunk and fits in with the hotels current themeing. The story is of SirAlgenon flying to the moon on inventions such as the flying machine in the lobby, so the ship isn't going anywhere.

I remember them saying around this time last year they were planning a big renovation of the hotel, and then Splash after it.

They'll probably keep some rooms to the current theme, but improve them, and add various other themes. I hope they stick to the wonderful steampunk, Jules Verne stuff. Could the rooms near the link to Splash get a retheme to 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea perhaps?

Blaze said:
I remember them saying around this time last year they were planning a big renovation of the hotel, and then Splash after it.

They'll probably keep some rooms to the current theme, but improve them, and add various other themes. I hope they stick to the wonderful steampunk, Jules Verne stuff. Could the rooms near the link to Splash get a retheme to 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea perhaps?

That's a great idea and still fits the theme perfectly! :D

There is a massive investment going into the hotels, with these rethemed rooms and the lodges will be great. I'm just hoping for a few new bars/restaurants and better pillows.

Sounds good. I have another idea for future rooms:

How about they take the scare rooms and permanently theme them to an old run down part of the hotel? They could use the broken brick corridor entrance and grand room design from a few years back but make a permanent job of it. I'm sure such a design can be linked into the Algeon story if done properly.

For most of the year they could just be normal (if creepy) rooms but if as part of this strip down they add some proper sound proofing it would deal with the sound complaints when Scarefest comes around.

Its great to see a complete refit, however these are clearly going to be more expensive than the normal rooms! Hopefully once the whole hotel has been refurbished the prices will come down a bit to the same level.

Xbox in every room?! Oh I do say!

1jnjf9.gif

James said:

Anyone else remember the treasure chests you had to find hidden in the rooms back in the 90s/early 00s? I'd love for Alton Towers to bring back something exciting like that for the kids.
Given how Legoland-esque this refit seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised at all if such features are included in the new rooms.

For instance, each room at Legoland has clues hidden in the carpet pattern and furniture, which when solved with a quiz sheet give a combination to open a small cupboard, inside which is a small Lego prize and some pop-badges and lanyards. I can envisage something similar being included in these new ATH rooms :)

I've never stayed in the Legoland hotel, but if something like that were to happen with the refurbished ATH rooms that would be great. I was disappointed when they stopped making use of the secret compartments back in 2002-2004.

Re: Moon Voyage rooms and beyond!

282680_443739439029839_1978535644_n.jpg

543639_443739422363174_158463454_n.jpg

Some photos from today of the Moon Voyage rooms which are currently under construction, with the news also that there are 14 of them and they are set to be complete by the end of this month!

Beat you Dar ;)

Nice to see some different colour schemes, and from the concept art they're looking pretty good! The suites/themed rooms which they have done recently (pirate rooms for example) seem to have been done to a pretty high standard, so fingers crossed we see even more detail in this major overhaul. Also it's a huge plus that we're seeing the possibility of air con judging by the recent photos. I hate the idea of fans being in rooms, especially in a hotel which costs so much in the first place. I know the climate isn't particularly warm in the UK, but there's been many a night on resort where it's been far too warm to sleep comfortably - so I hope it's eventually rolled out across all rooms.

I really do hope this is the start of them really pushing ATH as a premium product. Although we saw some welcome improvements to the Dragon Bar, the rooms are in desperate need of a refurbishment like this after being left pretty much untouched for so long.

I'm loving the Legoland features you mentioned Islander, and I'd say it's a pretty safe bet to say we'll see similar things incorporated into the rooms at AT too. I do hope this is the basis of moving things along resort wide though, as has been seen in the resort niggles topic, there's plenty of things in there which I agree need to be addressed to really make a stay on resort special again.