• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Nothing as of yet - can only assume it's a restraint issue or issue relating to the drop towers. I have no idea of course, but I find it unlikely that anything else would cause an issue. It won't be staffing, because it closed mid-afternoon one day when staff were already working on it and hasn't opened since.

Nothing as of yet - can only assume it's a restraint issue or issue relating to the drop towers. I have no idea of course, but I find it unlikely that anything else would cause an issue. It won't be staffing, because it closed mid-afternoon one day when staff were already working on it and hasn't opened since.
Could be fixing the exit lifts as well, who knows though.

Hopefully during it's downtime the exit lifts have been fixed
But if they haven't been fixed, let's not get into the usual rabbit hole of why they haven't been done when there was so much downtime. Afterall, the repair of the lifts may require a complete closed season disassembly!

But if they haven't been fixed, let's not get into the usual rabbit hole of why they haven't been done when there was so much downtime. Afterall, the repair of the lifts may require a complete closed season disassembly!
I wasn't going to suggest otherwise haha I was just saying what I hoped had happened whilst it was closed

I was there saturday and all effects were back
On: slight sync issue with the lift at the end but very minimal. Although it did break down and shut after we rode it: seemed to be having restraint or sensor issues with the restraint/lap bar. The staff were leaning fully all their body weight down on it to get it to close on us. (Not just us, the whole
Row obviously.) and moved one man to another side and asked the rest of us to all shift along one place before yanking it down again, with all their might, which didnt work. Then they looked concerned and puzzled, shrugged and just launched it anyway (it worked for us) and after this it closed for wither the rest of the day or most of it. Then it was reopened sunday with occasional closures. Great ride. Love it.

Last edited:
The staff were leanijg all their body weight down on it to get it to close on us. (Not just us, the whole
Row obviously.) and moved one man and asked rest of us to shift along, which didnt work.
That is quite common, they normally have to distribute larger guests to ensure the restraint reads as closed, and quite often will ask guest to press down on the restraints, (they do normally say they are the most restrictive restraints at the park). It is the only ride I have been on when it broken down at towers (3 times so far) and one of the brake downs seems to be based on loading it miss aligned one of the towers when parking (there was a sizable gap in the floor) maitanence came out and I think turned the lifting mechanism on and it realigned, and we were evaced, another time I suspect was restraint sensor, as we had problems requiring it to be opened and closed, and when it started none of the towers dropped, the last one I have no clue what happened so breakdowns may not be related to the restraints and breaking down on it isn't too common, I just enjoy the ride and normally do it 2 - 3 times I am at the park so I probably get on it far more than the average guest.

Last edited:
That is quite common, they normally have to distribute larger guests to ensure the restraint reads as closed, and quite often will ask guest to press down on the restraints, (they do normally say they are the most restrictive restraints at the park). It is the only ride I have broken down at towers (3 times so far) and one of the brake downs seems to be based on loading it miss aligned one of the towers when parking (there was a sizable gap in the floor) maitanence came out and I think turned the lifting mechanism on and it realigned, and we were evaced, another time I suspect was restraint sensor, as we had problems requiring it to be opened and closed, and when it started none of the towers dropped, the last one I have no clue what happened. breaking down on it isn't too common, I just enjoy the ride and normally do it 2 - 3 times I am at the park so I probably get on it far more than the average guest.
Yeah sounds fair. To be honest when they were messing with it i thought it doesnt even need a locking restraint probably. I know it will have to because of health and safety but as we fell i thought it’s not like we’d die or even fall out…it didnt affect the ride experience, just meant they weee faffing for a few mins getting it sorted (or not).

Yeah sounds fair. To be honest when they were messing with it i thought it doesnt even need a locking restraint probably. I know it will have to because of health and safety but as we fell i thought it’s not like we’d die or even fall out…it didnt affect the ride experience, just meant they weee faffing for a few mins getting it sorted (or not).
I do wonder if a seat belt could be more reliable, and quicker loading, but I don't know if you could lock a seatbelt as you would want to prevent guest from standing up (people will do dumb stuff) and if they stand up, reach out or something else they could hit the floor as you fall through or other dumb things.

edit, also consider people may only think this is a show and not know it is a ride so they may decide they don't like the show and try to make their way out of it

It would probably have to be at least one a bit like hex’s…very similar but simpler, surely? There must be a easier way, i am guessing because it goes dark and people may panic or do crazy things then the seatbelt is a no go.