• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I do wonder if a seat belt could be more reliable, and quicker loading, but I don't know if you could lock a seatbelt as you would want to prevent guest from standing up (people will do dumb stuff) and if they stand up, reach out or something else they could hit the floor as you fall through or other dumb things.

edit, also consider people may only think this is a show and not know it is a ride so they may decide they don't like the show and try to make their way out of it
There was a very nasty accident in america involving seatbelts on a drop tower called Haunted Mine Drop not being secured properly. In fairness the cause was more related to the operating company's incompetence and neglect for training, but it was sufficient to scare most parks away from using seatbelts on drop towers.

Far better ride for it as well, feel much freer with the seatbelt.

I thought the opposite, you get more airtime with the looser bar as it allowed you to float out the seat more, whereas the seatbelt keeps you tighter to the seat on ToT. I assume the new Sub-Terra padding is similar (I've not ridden since it re-opened).

It’s a bad look they just leave that lying around for guests to see or is the ride still shut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ride was open.

I think it probably is for new lighting, which will be better than the temp lighting they have always used.

In other news for the past week or possibly longer one of the towers has been broke on my last few visits. In other news it’s great to see the exit lifts working better than ever now.

In other news for the past week or possibly longer one of the towers has been broke on my last few visits. In other news it’s great to see the exit lifts working better than ever now.
Yeah one of the towers has been waiting for a part (and still is) for quite a while now I believe. Great that the exit lifts are back though.

I think it probably is for new lighting
I could see this, they have been investing in more permanent lighting, with places like nemesis and some smaller places (like one above the rita tunnel in the dark forrest) which I really like and hope they continue untill most if not all of the park dosn't require generators and has a permanent lighting packages (I would imagine it also opens up the option to have a night opening when ever without needing to set up and rent all the tools required for the lights, and probably decreases long term costs by reducing the need to set them up every time)

Rode yesterday, they're still only using three towers and the exit lifts are still broken (no vibration). Was nice to get back on though and the staff member manning the preshow was absolutely fantastic and so funny, he seemed to be genuinely enjoying his job.

Rode yesterday, they're still only using three towers and the exit lifts are still broken (no vibration). Was nice to get back on though and the staff member manning the preshow was absolutely fantastic and so funny, he seemed to be genuinely enjoying his job.
They were working when it re-opened in June, so they must have broken again