• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

It looks like it's going to be largely the same. References in that email plus the fact the URL says Nemesis Sub-Terra in it

I’m interested in what they play this off as, are they pretending that the ride has never opened ever. This is somehow a new story and they are playing it off as a convenient to reopen the attracting?

I hope there’s a reason as to why it closed before, this is a different egg ect? I thought the story telling would involve past history of the ride.

I’m interested in what they play this off as, are they pretending that the ride has never opened ever. This is somehow a new story and they are playing it off as a convenient to reopen the attracting?

I hope there’s a reason as to why it closed before, this is a different egg ect? I thought the story telling would involve past history of the ride.
I think trying to include a reason as to why it has been closed for so long would overcomplicate matters. It's easier and more convenient to just tell it all as a 'new' story, with a few tweaks to fit in with the fact Nemesis is closed and something is going on. It's been so long since Sub-Terra was open that many guests who ride it this time around will never have ridden it before.
What was the height/age restriction of the old ride? I am guessing with it being a drop tower it would be a 1.4m?
It was a 1.4m restriction ride, yes.

V
What was the height/age restriction of the old ride? I am guessing with it being a drop tower it would be a 1.4m?

I feel like it was 1.2 originally and then increased to 1.4 due to restraint issues but I could be wrong on that.

You’d hope that before any theming or storyline enhancements that they’ve sorted the restraint issues which basically prevented about a quarter of the park from riding due to body dimension issues.

I agree about not needing to explain why it’s been closed. I think I’m one of the only people based on the people I follow who have actually ridden it when it was first open. 95% of comments I see now are people that never got to ride it. If it does remain exactly the same, it is gonna be a new ride to quite a lot of people.

On a separate note, has any other ride at Towers been SBNO for as long as this, to then make a comeback? I’m assuming this will have that record but I’m not sure if there was any other ride that was SBNO for a long period of time and then operated again before I started visiting

Not just at Alton, how many rides anywhere have been abandoned for more than half a decade before reopening? Nemesis: the Lazarus Experience!

Maybe without the crash and then Covid hitting attendance it might have reopened far sooner... or long since been replaced.

I agree about not needing to explain why it’s been closed. I think I’m one of the only people based on the people I follow who have actually ridden it when it was first open. 95% of comments I see now are people that never got to ride it. If it does remain exactly the same, it is gonna be a new ride to quite a lot of people.

On a separate note, has any other ride at Towers been SBNO for as long as this, to then make a comeback? I’m assuming this will have that record but I’m not sure if there was any other ride that was SBNO for a long period of time and then operated again before I started visiting

I don’t think so that there’s been any which have even come close to it.

I think the difference is that they were always going to reopen Sub Terra, the investment was too high to just lose it, especially considering the ‘unique’ way that the ride area had been designed doesn’t really lend itself to a replacement.

You do wonder if this reopening was been in the offing for a while to coincide with the Nemesis retrack which perhaps explains why it’s sat SBNO as long as it has. That’s the optimistic view anyway because if that’s the case it does give a bit of credence to Bianca’s ‘slowly but surely’ messaging in her interview last week.

I thought they’d send an email out each day this week, building up to Saturday. Rumours on this page and timing are ideal, it’s not in the way of a Jumanji opening or Ghost train.

However, looks like there’s still a bit of work to do before opening. They could have been working backwards through attraction and now have got to the entrance.

I’m curious why they have left it all in plain sight

To me the stuff in the pre show area looks like they have just removed bits from inside and are keeping it there to be taken away. Pretty sure an opening is imminent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure how we are all so certain of what's left to do inside when all we can see is the entrance and exit rooms.

Better to think of Sub-Terra as Schrodinger's Cat. We must assume it's both in a state of being ready and completely gutted. Only when they announce its opening will we truly know.

Not sure how we are all so certain of what's left to do inside when all we can see is the entrance and exit rooms.

Better to think of Sub-Terra as Schrodinger's Cat. We must assume it's both in a state of being ready and completely gutted. Only when they announce its opening will we truly know.

I think it’s probably nearly ready on the basis that they’re sending teaser emails and the staff have been telling people that it’s nearly ready.

No idea what nearly ready entails in terms of what work remains to be done, but it won’t be much as the ride will clearly be opening shortly.

I've worked on enough attractions that people would classed as "nearly ready" that I've become very weary of that term now!

Sub-Terra was "nearly ready" when it opened in 2012. I'm optimistic that it will actually be ready this time.

I've worked on enough attractions that people would classed as "nearly ready" that I've become very weary of that term now!

Sub-Terra was "nearly ready" when it opened in 2012. I'm optimistic that it will actually be ready this time.

To be clear by nearly ready I’m referring to its opening date rather than how close it is to being a ‘complete attraction’ (I’m actually relatively optimistic on that point but I never thought it was as bad as a lot of people did).

My point is that barring something randomly going wrong, the ride will clearly be opening soon.

The sooner the better they can have this for extra capacity the better.

I won’t derail this thread with availability, but there were 4!!! rides closed all day today (Hex, Skyride, Spinball Whizzer, Battle Galleons). This will at least add some capacity if they can manage to keep it open, and you’d expect they’d perhaps want it open as soon as it possibly can be