• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

New Forum Bug Reports

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Why does the thought of mime sniffing make me smile so?
Olfactory responses to a lack of sound within a performance perhaps?
Marcel Marceau in need of a shower?
I love techno me.
Edit...please don't shatter my vision with the boring truth.

Yeah this is quite possibly down to MIME sniffing or similar, as described before, where the browser is looking at the contents of the image file to determine it’s a GIF and overriding the JPG extension.

Different browsers and operating system handle it differently as it can have serious security implications (e.g. a file being passed as a .jpg but containing executable code). It could well be that macOS or Safari are blocking it but Windows is letting it through or similar.
*puts developer hat on*

Should you not be disabling MIME sniffing for the reasons you mentioned? X-Content-Type-Options: "nosniff" in the response headers, along with a few others that are recommended.

Yes so I’ve just been informed by Joel that nosniff is already set in the header and most modern browsers should be respecting it, so it may well be down to other reasons.

But hey, I’m just the designer, I’ll stop playing developer now before I get another telling off 😂

scuttles back to his .LESS templates

I'm getting some odd strobing of the top bar as I scroll on some threads, it flickers rapidly between the purple bar and the text underneath, but only while I'm scrolling the page up and down.

It's inconsistent too, not happening on this thread, was in the 2022 AT threat just now.

On my crappy old Samsung using chrome.

I’m trying to open the Russia Vs NATO thread in Tapatalk but it’s giving me the below error message. I was able to open it yesterday so not sure if a recent post is causing it?

540a2db29ebe57ceee26ef7f6bb3654c.jpg

Last edited:
I think Facebook have changed something which means I can't use the media option to embed some posts.

Example, this post on the Alton Towers page:

Screenshot_20220301-225125_Facebook.jpg
I tap the dots and Copy Link, but the forum rejects it on the media tag option.

Screenshot_20220301-225108_Firefox.jpg

I noticed the link uses a weird fb:// protocol which is probably why it doesn't work. In this case the link is fb://photo/10159488380281201?set=a.10150665640316201

Are there any options to enable this?

Curiously videos do work as they use the normal https protocol, even with a strange domain. Example: https://fb.watch/something/

I'm getting some odd strobing of the top bar as I scroll on some threads, it flickers rapidly between the purple bar and the text underneath, but only while I'm scrolling the page up and down.

It's inconsistent too, not happening on this thread, was in the 2022 AT threat just now.

On my crappy old Samsung using chrome.

Not had any other reports of this one Pluk, so can only assume it's specific to perhaps the age of your device for this one. I've not been able to replicate it using anything here either.

I’m trying to open the Russia Vs NATO thread in Tapatalk but it’s giving me the below error message. I was able to open it yesterday so not sure if a recent post is causing it?

540a2db29ebe57ceee26ef7f6bb3654c.jpg
Must admit, I don't use Tapatalk much at all, but I've just tried to test this one with my app and the topic (and a load of others while I've scooted round trying to reproduce it) seems to load up fine.

I think Facebook have changed something which means I can't use the media option to embed some posts.

Example, this post on the Alton Towers page:

Screenshot_20220301-225125_Facebook.jpg
I tap the dots and Copy Link, but the forum rejects it on the media tag option.

Screenshot_20220301-225108_Firefox.jpg

I noticed the link uses a weird fb:// protocol which is probably why it doesn't work. In this case the link is fb://photo/10159488380281201?set=a.10150665640316201

Are there any options to enable this?

Curiously videos do work as they use the normal https protocol, even with a strange domain. Example: https://fb.watch/something/

I don't have the copy link option on iOS, but if you choose Share and then copy the standard link, does this work? Testing on iOS it seemed fine for me that way (see below). The media embedding is now controlled by an add on, so if there's any updated, especially to major sites then they'll normally trickle few after a few days of it going live, especially for larger sites.

Last edited:
Must admit, I don't use Tapatalk much at all, but I've just tried to test this one with my app and the topic (and a load of others while I've scooted round trying to reproduce it) seems to load up fine.

I’ve just read the specific thread on my browser whilst logged in and Tapatalk is now working again when opening it. Not sure what is causing it

I’ve just read the specific thread on my browser whilst logged in and Tapatalk is now working again when opening it. Not sure what is causing it
Strange one! Will keep intermittently checking Tapatalk and see if it pops up again.

I don't have the copy link option on iOS, but if you choose Share and then copy the standard link, does this work? Testing on iOS it seemed fine for me that way (see below). The media embedding is now controlled by an add on, so if there's any updated, especially to major sites then they'll normally trickle few after a few days of it going live, especially for larger sites.
No, if I choose Share then I have options such as post to my wall, to my story, Messenger, WhatsApp, etc.. if I choose More options then I can send it to other apps or copy the link, but the link is still a fb:// style one.

I suspect this is an issue with Facebook on Android 🤔.

I'm not sure if it's related to the new site, but the style sheets for the Wiki seem to have gone. It seems to be the same in both Chrome and Firefox on desktop.

I'm not sure if it's related to the new site, but the style sheets for the Wiki seem to have gone. It seems to be the same in both Chrome and Firefox on desktop.
Longer term the Wiki will likely just be archived in some form. We're yet to decide on that one yet, but at present we're aware of issues with it. It's just not used these days, so it's not a priority at present.

Longer term the Wiki will likely just be archived in some form. We're yet to decide on that one yet, but at present we're aware of issues with it. It's just not used these days, so it's not a priority at present.
RIP the wiki

All the formatting options are greyed out for me when posting ... I'd attach a screenie, but can't !

Did you put it into plain text mode by accident? I've done that before. Tap the three dots then the square brackets to switch it back.

Screenshot_20220318-213516_Firefox.jpg

I’m not sure if this is a bug or just me being humourless and out of the loop on some TS in-joke, but I’ve noticed that whenever someone types the word VIBES, the forum now automatically puts that word on FULL CAPS, even when it’s totally out of context and the user didn’t want it like that. Even old posts containing the word have now been altered so that the word is autocapitalised whenever it’s used.

I’ll just grab a few old posts of mine, where I used the word but certainly didn’t originally post it in full caps lock, to show you what I mean:
Most of the elements look very big and drawn out; at first glance, it gives me strong Steel Curtain VIBES
(https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...-major-roller-coaster.6037/page-9#post-346908)
I’m getting Six Flags New Orleans VIBES from those images
(https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...intamin-mega-coaster.1526/page-13#post-332606)
On another note, it would seem that we as a forum do have some really positive things coming up; glad to see those positive VIBES flowing!
(https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...rward-to-in-the-near-future.5412/#post-282907)

In some of those instances, I’ll admit having the word auto-capitalised looks very strange to me, as in some contexts, it does look out of step with the rest of the post.

Is this a bug, or am I just being humourless and missing out on some new TS in-joke?
EDIT: I forgot it would auto-capitalise here as well…

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.