• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

North Korea

The fact America haven't actually carpet bombed North Korea yet says a lot about how serious they actually take it.

It also says a lot about Iraq. If North Korea had oil, there wouldn't be a North Korea by now.

Nothing will happen.

Apart from a country continue to be allowed to kill its people through mistreatment.

Because it doesn't have oil.

GaryH said:
I think your forgetting who N Korea's main ally is though......

The main ally which requires the world's trade to work ;)

The same ally which is rather angry with N.Korea?

Chinese action? I think not.

N.Korea has no oil so the yanks don't care.

Im not so sure..... China apparently has been massing troops on the border with N Korea and building up weapons, the west is broke, they dont need our money anymore, they are more wealthy than us, Russia and China could right now quite easily bring about a new world order.....

For once, this isnt about oil.....

With the greatest of respect Gary, I think you should read a little more on the situation from more than one source. It's widely understood that very little has changed. Indeed people in South Korea are basically laughing this off.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

China still need the west for trade. They wouldn't get involved. Defend a tiny little country because it's also a dictatorship, or do nothing to continue to get billions off the west.

Money comes before principles in politics, even in communism.

One source? I tend to use Google News as it brings all the sources together. I think the west is making a big mistake here thinking that N Korea are just all talk. Even the US is now starting to rethink their strategy. The west is in a mess, bankrupt, Russia and China are the new emerging super powers - combined they could quite easily take on the likes of the US and Nato.

Personally, I dont think this is about money anymore. There are finite resources left on the planet and other countries are sick of the west and the way they police the world. The US isnt as big a superpower anymore, China would quite easily take them on, and they have said they will stand by their ally N Korea.

Thats my opinion anyway, only time will tell.....

I think it was on an episode of The Last Leg the other week, when one of them said something along the lines of,
"If recent history has told us anything, it's that the last thing you want to do is make America think you have WMDs when you don't!"

Seems like the USA is now defending Guam with missiles according to several news sources. Surely even North Korea isn't so crazy as to actually take on the USA? :/

BHAMKxOCIAENq9m.jpg:large

Yeah the US is moving missle defence batteries to Guam, and has sent another warship to the area capable of intercepting missiles. Just reading an interesting report on a Russian news website where it states the Russians, and indeed the Chinese are getting nervous. Not just is there a lot of US firepower now at their doorstep, but should a war break out down there, or if the N Korean's attack the US, this would invoke article 5 of NATO whereas other NATO countries would also have to get involved (an attack on one is an attack on all).

This would then mean a US and NATO war taking place directly with a county which borders Russia and China. Maybe this is why the Chinese the past few days have been massing troops and military equiment next to the border.

I dont think Kim is stupid on this occasion, he is orchestrating a new world war and doing it in a way which will drag in China, and then probably Russia to take on the west. Sounds crazy? But he knows he cannot take on the US and the west alone, so he must have something up his sleeve - there is something we havent been made aware of yet.......

Ive also read in a few sources (though not confirmed) that there have been some reports of mass stockpiling of smallpox vaccines by the US and to some extent the UK. I dont think this is linked to N Korea but they must have some fear about attacks within their own countries...

I get a feeling that Kim Jong Un might be rather pointless. If he does actually hold any power then I believe his generals are feeding him BS because they want a war and they want to play with all the weapons they have.

But he could just be a puppet being told what to do from people behind the scenes.

This is reminding me a lot of the Cuban missile crisis, I have watched the film Thirteen days a few times and in that they show that the generals wanted a war to try and correct mistakes they have previously made. Lets just hope that the people with their fingers on the button are not as stupid as they seem to be making out they are.

As a line in the film goes, hopefully cooler heads will prevail before we reach the next step.

So level headed that Obama has been the president behind the world's most extensive assaination and strategic bombing program in all of history. I trust him and his squalid administration as little as I trust Bush or indeed, travelling arms salesman, David Cameron and his dictator pals in the middle-east.

Russia and China are not stupid, they are self-serving and North Korea is a minor ally, a troublesome one at that. They would side with NATO forces.

Mostly I agree however I feel better having Obama in power right now than gun happy Bush.

I actually think Russia and China wouldnt side with NATO forces. Russia in particular is VERY worried about NATO expansion close to its borders and the missile defence shield. Also, positioning the defence shield near china also lowers their nuclear deterrent, plus, these countries are sick of the west calling the shots in the world.

Take Syria for example - the west wanted to get involved. Russia stepped in and according to reports, was willing to take on NATO. We didnt get involved as Russia had positioned state of the art Iskander missiles in Syria, operated by Russian troops. Thats a major shift in position for Russia. Believe it or not, the more you read about things going on in the world, you more you come to realise Russia feels backed into a corner - many in Russia actually think the US will, one day, attack (as crazy as it sounds I agree, but thats a real concern in Russia).

Russia and China are emerging more wealthy now than the west and there is also concern in the West that the trading currency (US $) may be under threat, something which would destroy the US.

Anyway - lets say N Korea attacked a US base, I dont think Russia and China will feel too comfortable with NATO and US planes, missiles and troops near their borders - and god forbid if a cruise missle went stray.....

On a different topic - i've been reading a bit this afternoon that the "trick" N Korea may have up its sleeve is something called Cobalt 60. Is a "dirty" radioactive material which causes death in a relatively short space of time. Reports are that N Korea has been filling bunkers and surrounding military installations which lots of this stuff. Why? Well, when the US bombs these the Cobalt will be launched up into the air and into the atmosphere. Depending on prevailing winds it could quite easily wipe out a hige number of people in S Korea, Japan, Guam and surrounding areas. Granted, this would also have huge effect on China and Russia who wouldnt be too happy, but N Korea is a huge seller of Cobalt 60 to other "rouge" countries.....

I actually think (overactive imagination or not) that the N Korean leader is going to call our bluff this time.... only time will tell.....

It's funny how we have to take notice of North Korea in the aftermath of the evil benefit reforms.

Maybe I'm too cynical for my own good, but it sounds like a deliberate attempt at distraction.