• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

North Korea

It's OK guys. According to this site, surviving a nuclear war is easy, and we have all been fed lies by hippies about how bad nukes are.
::)

Yes, this whole thing is somewhat worrying. Infact, the entire world situation is worrying and it seems to me that its only a matter of months now before the next world war. Why do I think this?

Well firstly the recession - every world war was preceeded by a big recession, and there is nothing better than a good old war to get economies moving again

Secondly, the USA is more hated now than ever, with failed policies in the middle east and the West disregard for any sovereign country and going in and bombing the hell outta it without UN approval has made many counties, including Russia, very weary.

Thirdly, Russia in particular feels threatened. The MAD treaty (Mutually Assured Distruction) betwween Russia and the US signalled the end of the Cold War and has been the basis of peace between each country. It meant that if the US, or Russia launched an attack, neither country would survive, so there was no point in doing it. The US however has built its missile interceptors, and worse still , positioned the radar bases close to Russia's borders, in countries which used to be part of the old USSR. Russia sees this as a threat, and believe it or not, many in Russia actually think the US will at some point attack.

Fourth there is the situation in the Middle East - Iran fears a US attack and is building nuclear weapons, Isreal is hated throughout the region, and countries are now more hell bent on destroying the West.

Fifth, the South China Sea, disputes between Japan and China, quite heated at times, thats a tinderpot waiting to explode.

Sixth we have of course Argentina, just waiting to reclaim the Falkland islands

And then lastly we have N Korea - again, made to fear the US by the US themselves. N Korea knows that if they launched an attack on the South, or the US, that it would ignite a global war. China, while voting against N Korea at the UN this week has stated they still support and stand by their closest ally (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/world/asia/china-says-it-will-not-abandon-north-korea.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0) - which means when the US responds to a N Korean attack - China will too.

More worrying, China and Russia have made drastic improvements to their military. The west, with its recession, has made cuts. We dont even have aircraft carriers anymore!!! I read in one article that if Russia wanted, it could quite easily invade the UK, and there would be nothing we could do about it.

I dont feel confident despite NATO, that in WW3 the west would be the victors. I think Russia and China combined have enough hatred of the west, and firepower at their disposal to have a clear victory and change world order (something which the US fears the most).

Its worrying times indeed, the world is indeed a very dangerous place at the moment - so live for each day because you never know what is going to happen tomorrow......

Like everyone has already said, it's not North Korea that we have to be worried about...think of it like this:

8D82552E-6C4E-4AC1-A0FC-6AB9631163CD-367-000000362AC95C2F.jpg

North Korea are like a small yappy dog. They make a lot of noise, and they could certainly give a painful bite, but they aren't any real danger.

I worry that all this posturing and grandstanding on the world stage overshadows the human tragedy of the people of North Korea. Remember, millions of people are already suffering from the Kim family.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

A fair point there, Sam. Compared to what that despot inflicts upon his own people, getting nuked is probably the lesser of two evils.

Spotted this on Sky News' home page. I wonder if the plans for a Paramount Park, Universal Studios Park and Incheon Robotland in South Korea are on hold? :p

Bwahahaha!
No seriously, did you see those pictures? I think this proves beyond doubt that we have nothing to fear from these jokers.

Looks like the 4077th may be making a return. I look forward to watching "M*A*S*H: The Next Generation".

Can we ban American news sources from this thread. They just overdramaticise statements that North Korea has been regurgitating for decades.

The Americans portray Communist states to be more of a threat than what they are. This has always been the way of things and I'm tired of it.

Forget the American dream, the American nightmare is that anti capitalism will catch on. It's incredible how paranoia has remained in every generation of the US.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Re: Re: North Korea

Bear said:
Am I credible yet? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21979127

The North is now "at war" with the South. Nothing has been chucked from either side yet, and the two sides have never exactly coexisted peacefully, nevertheless it could be a sign of things to come.

I always thought you were credible and was meerly laughing at the photoshopping. Even if it was an American source, it cant falsify this.

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Note: "However, few think the North would risk full-blown conflict. It has technically been at war with the South since 1953 as no peace treaty has been signed."