• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Oblivion: General Discussion

So it was always a dark grey and not black then? Huh, go figure.

Now speaking of colours and I know this sounds controversial regarding colour as this might have Fanta flashbacks but I have wondered that if X-Sector might be seeing a refresh in the future, would it be possible if Oblivion might look good with its supports painted orange and track remains black or dark grey?

Just saying this as given we now have too many coasters in all black that some diversity is needed colour wise and this might help balance things out, actually you could have Smiler getting its supports painted yellow to match Oblivion which would help keep the uniform look of the rides there and might add some colour to a ride area that's not a children's area.

Sounds like I'm the anti-Christ saying add colour to a grim X-Sector yet given how Forbidden Valley is looking more like X-Sector, it might be that the area is looking more likely for change.

Although I think orange supports would look good I can’t see that happening. Even the Corkscrew was painted a dull colour to blend into the landscape at its highest point, and Galactica/ Rita. Unless they only painted the lower support sections… but then that would be quite naff.

Now speaking of colours and I know this sounds controversial regarding colour as this might have Fanta flashbacks but I have wondered that if X-Sector might be seeing a refresh in the future, would it be possible if Oblivion might look good with its supports painted orange and track remains black or dark grey?

Just saying this as given we now have too many coasters in all black that some diversity is needed colour wise and this might help balance things out, actually you could have Smiler getting its supports painted yellow to match Oblivion which would help keep the uniform look of the rides there and might add some colour to a ride area that's not a children's area.

Sounds like I'm the anti-Christ saying add colour to a grim X-Sector yet given how Forbidden Valley is looking more like X-Sector, it might be that the area is looking more likely for change.
Just as long as thay don't start adding vains to x sector that would just look weird

Just as long as thay don't start adding vains to x sector that would just look weird
I second that. A cyberpunk type theme for X-Sector maybe but no vein job like Nemesis please although seeing Smiler with yellow supporters might suit it better than black but I'm going off topic.

Once again though, I'd like the bet that Oblivion would see a refresh theming job to make it like it's Italian counterpart in Gardaland which is just an updated version of theme so it would be a fairly copy and paste job for Merlin to do in theory.

If this happened, I think that orange supports would look brilliant on Oblivion.

On the subject of its colour, I think Oblivion actually arrived unpainted much like Nemesis. If you look at some old construction photos you can see some evidence of this, the clearest example I can find is below (look at the supports on the brake run). Perhaps they originally wanted to go for the bare steel aesthetic and decided midway through to change it, as there are some examples of the logo decals being on lighter shade supports during construction.

d518e7eb9f6bd3f6f5244ec50b752b70.jpg

Credit: TowersTimes Oblivion construction archive.

It’s always been black from its original opening, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
On the subject of its colour, I think Oblivion actually arrived unpainted much like Nemesis. If you look at some old construction photos you can see some evidence of this, the clearest example I can find is below (look at the supports on the brake run). Perhaps they originally wanted to go for the bare steel aesthetic and decided midway through to change it, as there are some examples of the logo decals being on lighter shade supports during construction.

d518e7eb9f6bd3f6f5244ec50b752b70.jpg

Credit: TowersTimes Oblivion construction archive.

It’s always been black from its original opening, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I presume you're referring to the supports? The track itself has never been black. It's darker now after The Smiler opening repaint, but wasn't far off a darker shade of The Swarm grey originally.

1000002719.png