• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parc Astérix: General Discussion

The split launch with the hop in the middle looks immense! Can’t wait to get on it. Intamin have really been on a roll lately!

Watching that POV’s going to make driving right past this on Sunday all the more gutting.

The first half looks fine but the second half looks phenomenal! The swing launch does look especially good fun.

Clearly forgot the layout as I expected the bit prior to big launch to be longer.

Feels fairly short but certainly packed full of typical Intamin nonsense. The multi-launch looks ridiculous and will be the clear highlight.

Early reviews for the new coaster have gone pretty much as expected. A big step up for French coasters but doesn't trouble the likes of Zadra, Taron and Helix for the best in Europe title.

Have to say I'm looking forward to riding it someday but I'm not in a great rush just yet.

I was at this park last summer so I'm in no rush, however may still get there later in the year possibly. It looks a fun ride and a good time had by all looking from afar, enhanced by decent looking weather over the weekend. It really enhances an already great park with a fantastic coaster selection. And thinking about coaster selections in European parks, I would probably struggle to put Alton Towers in the top 20. But I guess that thought and discussion is more suited to another thread.

I was at this park last summer so I'm in no rush, however may still get there later in the year possibly. It looks a fun ride and a good time had by all looking from afar, enhanced by decent looking weather over the weekend. It really enhances an already great park with a fantastic coaster selection. And thinking about coaster selections in European parks, I would probably struggle to put Alton Towers in the top 20. But I guess that thought and discussion is more suited to another thread.

Yeah definitely one for another thread. Although that's pretty silly to suggest
Towers wouldn't make top 20 parks in Europe for coasters.

How many parks in Europe have 3B&M's, a record breaker like The Smiler, a really fun and well themed woodie plus more? Not many.

You're just bored of rides you've done countless times quite clearly.

Parc Asterix are definitely onto a winner with this though. A really solid coaster and nothing like their other ones.

Yeah definitely one for another thread. Although that's pretty silly to suggest
Towers wouldn't make top 20 parks in Europe for coasters.

How many parks in Europe have 3B&M's, a record breaker like The Smiler, a really fun and well themed woodie plus more? Not many.

You're just bored of rides you've done countless times quite clearly.

Parc Asterix are definitely onto a winner with this though. A really solid coaster and nothing like their other ones.
He said he would struggle to put it in top 20 doesn't mean everyone else can't

Edit: having said that I'd definitely have to agree with you, moving on Parc Astérix is definitely leveling up with this installation.

I would say Asterix coaster selection is pretty average for Europe prior to Toutatis. The coasters it does have are mostly good (except Gouderix).

Towers coaster selection is actually really very good, they are just badly maintained and operated and there are no support rides.

I hardly ever go to Towers, probably on average once every 2-3 years. So I don't rank it so low due to going there often. I enjoy my day there, I love the setting and feel the magic still to this day to some degree. But the coasters really don't do anything for me and I don't get why some people think they have one of the best coaster selections in Europe. The best coaster was built in 1994! Toutatis has elevated Parc Asterix to an "A tier" park now and Alton Towers are just falling further and further behind. Which is really annoying as a UK resident and not something I take pleasure in admitting 😔

I hardly ever go to Towers, probably on average once every 2-3 years. So I don't rank it so low due to going there often. I enjoy my day there, I love the setting and feel the magic still to this day to some degree. But the coasters really don't do anything for me and I don't get why some people think they have one of the best coaster selections in Europe. The best coaster was built in 1994! Toutatis has elevated Parc Asterix to an "A tier" park now and Alton Towers are just falling further and further behind. Which is really annoying as a UK resident and not something I take pleasure in admitting 😔

I wouldn’t say Toutatis has elevated the park to A-tier. It’s a great addition though.

If you are only looking at coaster selection then Towers has:

B&M invert world class
B&M dive machine well respected
B&M flyer.
Intamin launch
Intamin freefall
Mack powered
Spinner
Decent woody
High thrill Gerst.
Kiddy Zamperla

Asterix has:

Intamin launch
Very good woody
Mack bob
B&M invert well respected
Vekoma looper (terrible).
Gerst family
Old family coaster

Asterix is better maintained and far better for support rides (though with the exception of Ceaser lacks dark rides).

I wouldn’t say Toutatis has elevated the park to A-tier. It’s a great addition though.

If you are only looking at coaster selection then Towers has:

B&M invert world class
B&M dive machine well respected
B&M flyer.
Intamin launch
Intamin freefall
Mack powered
Spinner
Decent woody
High thrill Gerst.
Kiddy Zamperla

Asterix has:

Intamin launch
Very good woody
Mack bob
B&M invert well respected
Vekoma looper (terrible).
Gerst family
Old family coaster

Asterix is better maintained and far better for support rides (though with the exception of Ceaser lacks dark rides).
You've classed Oziris as well respected, the same as Oblivion. And the same ride type Nemesis as world class. With respect Oziris is much better than Oblivion and also toe to toe, Invert against invert, Oziris is probably Europe's best. Toutatis is a top 20 ride in Europe in my opinion. Pegase Express is a fantastic family coaster and Tonnerre 2 Zeus is better than Wickerman. Towers has more coasters but I'm talking quality not quantity here. I would much rather a park have 1 or two world class coasters than a park full of bang average rides that I can't be bothered to queue up for.

Quite simply over the past 20 years other parks are putting in coasters that people all over the world or Europe will travel to ride. The UK is really not keeping up, although Blackpool tried (Icon) but missed the mark. Although it is the UK's best in my opinion, I'm sure not shared by many.

You've classed Oziris as well respected, the same as Oblivion. And the same ride type Nemesis as world class. With respect Oziris is much better than Oblivion and also toe to toe, Invert against invert, Oziris is probably Europe's best. Toutatis is a top 20 ride in Europe in my opinion. Pegase Express is a fantastic family coaster and Tonnerre 2 Zeus is better than Wickerman. Towers has more coasters but I'm talking quality not quantity here. I would much rather a park have 1 or two world class coasters than a park full of bang average rides that I can't be bothered to queue up for.

Quite simply over the past 20 years other parks are putting in coasters that people all over the world or Europe will travel to ride. The UK is really not keeping up, although Blackpool tried (Icon) but missed the mark. Although it is the UK's best in my opinion, I'm sure not shared by many.

Nemesis is far more world renowned than Oziris. These things are always subjective but the world of geeks doesn’t generally put Oziris in the same league as Nemesis, as for Europe I would rate Monster a better invert than Oziris track and train.

Zeus is better than wicker man for sure, but that’s the point. We start running out of comparators when we go by the standard you set which was only rating parks based on rollercoasters.

As I say Asterix has better support attractions and is ultimately a better theme park for it, but as coasters go until recently it had an average line up and now it has a great line up. I wouldn’t say it’s anything special though.

Last edited:
Asterix is a fab park, has been for years and good to see it getting some attention.

Currently miles better as a park than Towers, but that goes for quite a few places currently.