• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parque Warner Madrid: General Discussion

Gothy Citz...

This coaster is absolutely incredible. Visited Tuesday and got 4 rides in.

We arrived at 3pm due to travelling from Valencia and it hadn't opened. Great. Was ****ting myself, especially after being spited by Toutatis. By 3.45 the queue was open and spilling out of the entrance and we waited about an hour in the sun. There's barely any shade in the queue and it moves very slowly.

The pre show is alright but goes on a touch too long and means you're rushed through the Bat Cave section of the queue. Would prefer a rolling walk through pre show so you can appreciate the themeing and air con a bit more.

Got lucky with a front row first ride and was very impressed. It was really fun but wouldn't rank it with the very best. As the day went on though it seriously warms up. Had middle and back row rides throughout the evening and the 11.30pm ride was insane.

The first launch has a real kick to it with instant acceleration. The second launch was ok but does the job. The controversial top hat was excellent. When the brake releases you get great airtime down the drop. The first hill is crazy and possibly the best airtime moment in Europe? The rest of the ride I would say is most comparable to Maverick. My last ride was seriously intrnse, absolutely wild. It feels really powerful and you get whipped about at every turn. The stall was superb as expected and the spike finale gives a unique ending.

I think I slightly prefer Taron due to the overall experience and fun factor but it is very close.

Reliability was a big issue all day. In fairness, they at least got the ride open. But every single time we queued it would go down every 15-20 mins or so without fail. Every time they would wait 5 minutes before sending a few test cycles and then it was open again. Saw this happen about 8 times overall which made the queue a bit of a pain. Not sure what the issue is there, maybe something overheating?

Operations were casual as expected, always a short wait on the brake run. Not sure what the capacity is but the queue moves incredibly slowly. Easy to blame the pre show for this but you're still getting the same number of people through regardless. Was hilarious to see the staff working their collective bollocks off at the end of the evening to get the last few trains out. They even opened the pre show door half way through to let the last batch through.

So it's a bit of a faff all things considered which would put me off visiting regularly.

Track and train though it's 10/10.

So I decided on short trip to Madrid to visit Parque de Atracciones de Madrid and Parque Warner.

After a pleasant visit to Parque de Atracciones yesterday, I visited Parque Warner today on 2024 opening day.

What an absolute disaster.

I joined the running club at rope drop to get to the entrance of Batman Gotham City Escape, waited an hour watching it test before finally giving up when it didn’t compete the full circuit and stopped on the launch.

I then joined the queue for Shadows of Arkham, which never got any shorter due to the Spanish National sport of queue jumping and it being only on one train.

Batman Gotham City Escape had opened the queueline by the time I had got off, so joined it again, but gave up for a second time after 30 minutes.

Three hours in and only one coaster ridden.

Superman even on two trains was also a slow and painful queue. Stunt Fall never looked to be opening and it appears that Coaster Express is having sections retracked and not opening anytime soon.

Not being a flat ride fan there was little else left to do. Also having to queue for nearly an hour for each ride of the two major coasters that were open knowing that if there was a single rider queue you’d get on the next ride was demoralising.

Probably one of the worst days at a park I’ve experienced.

Plus it was a freezing cold day 🥶

Last edited:
That's disappointing, I have a trip to Madrid planned next weekend and it will be my first visit to Parque Warner. Fortunately the weather forecast is looking better than this weekend but having two major coasters down is a blow.

Was there any indication that Stunt Fall might reopen or did that seem to be down for the long-haul?

They seem to do what they want with Stunt Fall, but that side of the park had major issues in December. All the lights flickering in the street lamps and buildings. Didn't open until 3ish that day

What an absolute disaster.
Sounds extremely frustrating! Sorry you had such a bad time 😔

Whilst I'm sure the experience will improve somewhat throughout the year, you've helped me narrow down my family summer holiday shortlist 😂 This was at the top (my youngest loves Batman!) Looking likely to be Gardaland now instead!

To be fair it will probably be the polar opposite come summer than a miserable day in February (apart from the ever present queue jumping 😂) If you’ve got younger kids the Looney Toons area looked great.

Visited again today for my sins on my 2-day ticket. No different to yesterday. Same rides closed.

They opened the queue for BCGE, which was sporadically testing, only nearly three hours later decide to kick everyone out and say it’s closed.

I see on Twitter it did finally open at 6.30pm, but I’d left the park by then 🤬

Last edited:
I was there at the weekend and it was similar, though we got lucky with Gotham City as it managed to stay open long enough for us to get on it a couple of times, not before we spent 20min sat on the floor of the preshow during yet another breakdown though.

There were a number of other operational issues too:

One train operation on both B&Ms as per, however the main issue seemed to be that both had only 2 staff - an operator and a host, the latter having to batch main queue & FT which somehow took longer than the ride cycle, resulting in the train waiting to re-enter the station most cycles. Even if they'd had 2 trains in service, throughput would have been no higher without an extra staff member.

Stunt Fall, Coaster Express and Hotel Embrujado show no signs of opening. Other than Rio Bravo, the water rides are also still hibernating. I'm not entirely sure how planned this all is but if the park consider this a pre-season it should probably be communicated better. Starting at the entrance and walking left the first open ride you reach is Superman.

All queues closed at 8.30 regardless of queue time. I'm not a fan of shutting things early to run off queues at the best of times but closing the entire park early (and seemingly unannounced) is a new one for me.

On a more positive note, Gotham City is absolutely top tier, easily a European top 10 IMO.

Glad to hear you got on Gotham City. I was gutted to hear it had opened not long after I left, but mentally I was done with my two days at the park. I did email them on my return and kindly they have offered me complimentary return tickets. But not sure if I can face another trip over just to be spited and find it closed again. It’s not going anywhere, so may give it a couple more years to bed in before returning (unless I can get some mega cheap flights later in the year)

Adding my thoughts to @John's:

It was a pity that so many attractions at the park were closed - I had been reliably informed by some very sensible people that Stunt Fall (aka the GIB) was not to be missed and it was disappointing to see that whole part of the park deserted and to miss out on a unique-in-Europe coaster. I already knew that Coaster Express would be closed due to planned retracking works but in the case of Stunt Fall it just looked as though they'd not managed to get the winter maintenance completed in time.

I should perhaps have checked if these early March weekends were a pre-season 'soft' opening, however it was a bit hard to get useful information from the website on any planned closures (nothing unusual there!). It was a shame to find the madhouse closed, although given its ripe age some reliability issues may well be expected. We did managed to get on the one operating water ride (Rio Bravo) although it was an effort to avoid getting unacceptably wet knowing that we'd be unlikely to dry out in one of the coldest winds I've experienced all winter. If they had been open I might have been tempted to give the rapids a miss.

I thought we were pretty lucky to get on Gotham City in the end; they may have just been early-season teething problems but it was clearly having serious reliability issues. We didn't help ourselves by only arriving at the park at around 3pm (as we'd had to cram Parque de Atracciones into the same day due to Saturday being a total washout); by this time Gotham City had been broken down for about an hour with the train stuck on the second launch, as if there'd been a rollback. It did begin testing about 2 hours later but they seemed to be sending empty trains for the best part of an hour - and it was only just making it over the top hat each time. Even when it reopened and we joined the 50m queue I didn't really have any confidence that we'd end up getting on it - and indeed we almost didn't as it broke down again during the pre-show. Fortunately we decided to wait it out and after yet more testing (!) it finally reopened.

It is a phenomenal coaster - I'd been looking forward to comparing it with Toutatis which we rode last May and quickly realised that there's just no contest. Much as I enjoyed Toutatis the swing launch, intentional rollback and spike arrangement does feel a bit convoluted and the latter part of the ride is a bit like Taron in that you feel it starts to slightly run out of ideas. I couldn't find any faults with Gotham City, every element deserves its place and the top hat, the sidewinder and the zero-G stall are all showstoppers of their own sections. The launches are butter-smooth and the transitions are seamless, making it a comfortable yet thrilling ride. It works as a themed packaged as well - with an atmospheric IMAScore soundtrack (that definitely doesn't sound anything like the Galactica score) and detailed themeing in the indoor queuelines - a cut above anything else I saw in the park. It was great to get a night ride as well (thanks to the pre-show breakdown), it feel as though it was designed to be ridden after dark. I was so blown away I made us get straight back in the queue for a reride and managed to luck out with a front row ride.

Elsewhere, we managed to get on Superman and Arkham Asylum Shadows of Arkham Batclone but only once apiece due to the one-train ops and the fact that all ride queues closed at 8.30 (given that Arkham Asylum Shadows of Arkham Batclone had had a 5m queue for most of the evening, this was especially irritating!). I also missed out on a +1 (Correcaminos Bip, Bip) as it had a miserable-looking 20m queue - so only managed 4 of the 7 coasters in the park in the end. I don't feel I saw much of the park at all really, we were too busy rushing from A to B trying to get all the main coasters done. If I went back again I'd try to make time to look at the different themed areas, maybe watch the parade etc. I would like to come back for Stunt Fall at some point; however it might be several years before I feel ready to face the frustrating operations, the reliability issues and the completely tolerated queue-jumping.

Wouldn't recommend going this early in the year; they honestly just didn't seem ready to open properly - and though not the park's fault I was completely unprepared for the awful - and freezing - weather conditions of the weekend. The 8.30 mass queue closure was also something we weren't aware of and I'd suggest holding out for at least a 10pm close in future. I do hope they can sort out the reliability issues with Gotham City - it's a world-class coaster but honestly the extended downtime and constant breakdows were so stressful that they overshadowed a lot of the enjoyment.

Last edited:
How does a ride stack on 1 train?

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I thought that stacking only occurred when another train was occupying the next block? If there’s only 1 train, then surely that isn’t possible?

I found the lack of ride station staff actually assisted me with rerides. As a single rider I’d clock to see if there were any odd numbers in the airgates on return the station. Then with the operator opening the restraints at the same time as the airgates it allowed enough chaos for me to slip into any empty seats on the next ride. Did this a few times of Superman & Batclone.