• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parque Warner Madrid: General Discussion

Excellent thanks. Nice trains make it an easier sell to Mrs Cricket.

Three days on the beach and a day of Batman rollercoasters 🤌

Valenica is also a gorgeous city, full of excellent restaurants in particular (almost all of which are closed on Mondays, I might add)

Has anyone done this park via public transport? I've heard it's a pain in the arse.

Looking at a long weekend in Valencia and a train to Madrid is only about 15 quid.
PBE / YEG has just done a vlog about getting to the park in the last week or so.

I’m looking at doing the same trip in maybe September.

Make a note that from the second week of September the park ceases to open on Mondays and Tuesdays. Not sure what Spanish people typically do on Mondays, sleep off their weekend hangovers maybe?

Reactions: IDB
At the park right now, Batman Gotham City Escape is very good. Hoping for a night ride later on.

Used Taxis today and will do tomorrow as well as we're staying in Getafe.

On public transport the train to Pinto then get the bus from outside the station works a treat.

We did taxis from Madrid city centre (close to Atoche train station). The cost was around €45 each way. If there’s a few of you, it works out reasonably priced and very convenient.

Managed 6 rides on BGCE now, including 2 on the back row and 2 on the front. It's a fantastic coaster, felt like it got better and better each time I rode it. Feels to me that it's more of a front row ride. And rides at night are just phenomenal.

Only issues for me is the pre-show which runs way too long, by all means keep it but cut it down to 90 seconds or so ala the wickerman one, and the outside queue needs something to provide constant shade.

IMG_20230704_200605.jpg

There’s also a direct bus from the centre of Madrid (Madrid bus station) which is actually a lot quicker and easier than faffing around with that train to Pinto.

It’s really good value, we got park tickets and the return bus from Madrid bus station for only €39 per person. Have a look on the park’s website as there’s an explanation of how to do it. I’ve previously got the Pinto train which is a much longer and slower option, so definitely recommend the direct bus service. It usually leaves half and hour before park opening and return is about an hour after ride close. It’s about a 35 minute direct journey from the centre of Madrid.

It's a really good value park, when buying your day ticket on the park website you can upgrade it to a two day park ticket so it was about ÂŁ45 for the two days on park with opening hours of 12 noon til 12 midnight.

Are the fast track options worth it?

I will be visitng on either a monday or tuesday in August with midnight closing. Can't imagine queues being too bad but you never know.

It wasn't too bad queue wise on the Monday and Tuesday so didn't bother with fast passes. Most of them seemed well sign posted but for some reason the Shadows of Arkham (the old Batman The Ride) the fast pass access was half way through the main queue.

My previous visit was a Saturday and Sunday in early September 2019 and again we survived without the need of the fast passes.

If you don't buy them I'd suggest at rope drop heading to Coaster Express to get it done asap as its probably got the slowest moving queue of all the major coasters.

@John_P How was Wild Wild West (Coaster Express is an awful name) riding these days ? They did a lot of work on it I believe.

I did it once on 2nd row and it was alright. Friends who say on the front row thought it was bad.

In 2019 I did it 2nd row and thought it was fine, next day front row and it was horrible rattly and vibrations travelling through my body the whole ride.

They've definitely been doing plenty of work to it and the newer areas are easy to spot. Just think with the climate they're fighting a losing battle.

Last edited:
It’s an incredibly good value park, possibly the best value park I’ve ever done!

Based on how cheap the entrance fee and the coach from the city centre was, we thought we might as well purchase the fast track tickets. The coasters (apart from Gotham) were 10 mins or less all day so not necessarily needed for those, but due to the heat the queues for the water rides were pretty long so we were glad we had the passes for those. They’re all pretty decent water rides too.

I went a few years ago on a Sunday in august and we got fastrack. I don’t remember it being particularly expensive. The park wasn’t overly busy, but we certainly made use of the fastrack and like above, it was well used on the water rides, as there was never a queue for fastrack, so we always got straight on the rides. I’m sure we did the water rides more than the coasters when we were there!

I’m going back again this summer so looking forward to returning, and probably will purchase the fastrack again, as once again we are going on a weekend in August, which no doubt will be hot!

On the subject of fastrack, does the unlimited fastrack package include the new coaster?

Sadly no fastrack package includes the new coaster. The only option you have is to purchase a one shot fastrack ticket for it, which costs €25 and still involves a 15-20 min queue after the pre-show.

For how good value the park’s fastrack is generally though, we didn’t mind having to bite the bullet and wait in line for Batman Gotham City Escape. There was no way we were going to pay €25 for one ride.