• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Parque Warner Madrid: General Discussion

Ahhh Intamin, never change!

Hopefully just a one off in unique circumstances that won't turn in to a recurring issue.

Ahhh Intamin, never change!

Hopefully just a one off in unique circumstances that won't turn in to a recurring issue.
I dunno, the risk of a stall or a rollback is a part of what makes these rides interesting!

It'll be fine, they'll probably just purchase a big stick they can push the train forward with whenever it gets stuck!

Has anyone ridden Batman: Gotham City Escape yet? This coaster really seems to have slipped under the enthusiast radar.
I rode on Thursday. It’s a lot of fun.
From a force-only perspective, I’d say it’s definitely better that Taron - with two/three violent airtime moments, good positives on all three launches and a really great prolonged hangtime moment (which is taken quite slowly, so it rides very differently to a zero g stall). The spike can get in the bin though…

However, to me, it lacked the sense of adventure and exploration which makes Taron so great. It took me ~5 rides to understand and therefore predict Taron’s layout, making it highly re-rideable and surprising. I knew what was coming on GCE after my first ride, which did take away from the experience, as does the fairly mundane landscape. It’s quite hard to articulate what I mean by this - but I believe a feeling of exploration (completely unquantifiable!) is crucial in a coaster. For that reason I’d take the overall package of Taron over GCE hands down.

GCE’s fairly dull pre-show only compounds the lack of re-rideabilty.

BUT, if I’m being really harsh, from the park’s perspective, the attraction is really let down by its throughout. I don’t know why they went for 3 car trains (budget? The layout provided by Intamin using longer trains wasn’t deemed exciting enough?) but as a result the queue moves painfully slow and the ride couldn’t cope with high demand. Also, being an Intamin (with three launches and a turntable!), the ride kept closing every 20 or so minutes…

I can’t help thinking that the park would be better of if they had built a half as good ride, with double the throughout - because in the scheme of the park’s business it makes no odds whether GCE is better than Taron/Toutatis/Taiga Etc.

School trip season is a complete write off for me for more or less any theme park.

I couldn't think of anything worse quite honestly and given how awful Spanish students can be with queue jumping, I imagine this could be utterly unbearable.

School trip season is a complete write off for me for more or less any theme park.

I couldn't think of anything worse quite honestly and given how awful Spanish students can be with queue jumping, I imagine this could be utterly unbearable.
school trips are horrible in the UK so they must be x10 worse in a place like spain

I'll be there in two weeks but apparently the schools will be shut by then so hopefully I avoid those issues.

I've been before so thankfully I've got two days to get a few rides on Gotham City Escape and enjoy the park.

I'll be there in two weeks but apparently the schools will be shut by then so hopefully I avoid those issues.

I've been before so thankfully I've got two days to get a few rides on Gotham City Escape and enjoy the park.
Have fun.

I did a semester at Uni in Madrid in 2005 and spent most weekends here or at the city centre park. It was always pretty quiet too tbf.

New major coaster themed to Gotham will definitely get attention though.

Have fun.

I did a semester at Uni in Madrid in 2005 and spent most weekends here or at the city centre park. It was always pretty quiet too tbf.

New major coaster themed to Gotham will definitely get attention though.
Cheers, looking forward to it. And the city centre park as well, only really had a few hours and did just the coasters in 2019 wheras I'll have the full day this time.

Reading the comments on Parque Warner’s Facebook page and looking at the park’s app, it does seem that Batman Gotham City Escape is having a fair few technical issues.

I’m really hoping they can sort this soon, but based on what I’ve seen, I’d strongly suggest that anyone visiting the park should head to BGCE first thing, rather than risking saving it for later. I know that on Sunday for example, it went down four hours before park close and didn’t re-open.

Has anyone done this park via public transport? I've heard it's a pain in the arse.

Looking at a long weekend in Valencia and a train to Madrid is only about 15 quid.

I've done it by public transport once, but it was on the train that no longer exists !

However, you can still get the train to Pinto from central Madrid and then there is the 312 bus every 20 minutes or so that basically follows the road next to what was once the railway line.

The buses appear to be pretty frequent on Rome2Rio.