• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Phantasialand 2014: Chiapas

Re: Phantasialand

Soooooo... Anyone want a bet on how long before it goes down on opening day? :p

1904090_10202558879245920_814141995_n.jpg

Yeah, I'm still calling April fools with Saz tbh ;)

Now I have had chance to accept Arthur is probably off, I am positively palpitating to ride Chiapas! I have been quietly very excited for this since it was announced and we saw the original model in 2012, as for me, this is the only real project of genuine interest at Phantasialand since Black Mamba and Talocan in 2006/2007.

Bring it on!

:)

We have wallpapers!

In particular there are some very nice shots of the concept art for what I assume are the dark ride sections, as well as a high resolution copy of the station concept. If they've actually turned out anything like this I will be very impressed:

ff7u.png

nye5.png

hzmg.png

prne.png

There's also a Chiapas ringtone available to download at the bottom of the page, but I hope to god that the whole soundtrack isn't going to sound like that! It's awful! :/

I thought these must have been out ages ago - I love the ring tone, been using it forva week!

I've been waiting for this one for ages :) One of my enthusiast friends even claimed I'd fabricated the entire ride as he'd never heard anything about it!

I hope I can make it this year...

The 2014 Summer Season Map is now available on the park's website:

parkplan_sommer_full.jpg

Nothing too exciting to report. Just the same map as the last few years, but with the addition of Chiapas and the removal of Silver City, to be replaced with some lovely grass and trees :p

I have to say though, given that their map has always been pretty accurate for scale it makes you realise just how much space will be becoming available for this redevelopment, from how it's sounding at the moment they're planning to open up even more space by building right up to the access road, having now demolished the old Mexico entrance behind Hacienda.

There's also small slither of car park if you look at satellite images which has only has around 10 or so spaces in it, and if they were to build over this they have a bit more land on hand, making the new area a nice big square. Combine that with a bit of tweaking to the Mystery entrance and you've got a pretty massive space at your disposal.

To give you an idea of the size of this, here's a (pretty awful) diagram I've quickly knocked up :p

tN8MvQm.png

Now the green arrow shows the route that cars take into the car park at present. They turn right just before the barrier hut and drive around the edge before being directed into a lane and space.

The red arrow shows the route cars leave by. Here they simple make their way around the car park to the barrier hut, which drops you straight onto Lenterbachsweg (The access road), meaning that aside from the few spaces on the end no traffic needs to pass near the green route by which they entered.

Now the yellow box shows the area which we currently know has park buildings on, and is under redevelopment.

The blue big shows the most space they have available, including if they are to build onto the car park and open the area up some more. As you can see, they can gain a considerable amount of space by Phantasialand standards (If you want a guide you could fit 3 Talocans in there side by side), but they don't stand to loose many parking spaces.

Interestingly, some people are saying that the park have also bulldozed a house which existed in one of the car parks, in a similar way to all the little buildings dotted around Alton's premises. This should have opened up space to replace at least some of the spaces which would be lost if they were to build the area out over the car park as shown in the diagram above. Seems a little too coincidental to me! If this is indeed the case then all they have got to do really is reroute traffic entering the park in the morning, which can easily be achieved by just leaving the parking barrier up and sending cars in through the hut, then dropping the barrier close to closing time for cars to leave, just like Alton do (They could always add another access route in or out in the fences further down the road if needs be).

What with the introduction of Arthur, and now that Plopsa are in the German market, I think the park have realised that Germany's industry (I suppose you might say that France is potentially influencing this with Ratatouille to a degree) is moving into the next generation of large scale, high quality dark rides, and that Phantasialand are going to have to come to terms with the fact that, to be blunt, they have terrible dark rides. To me this seems to represent the move of the times, and I wouldn't be surprised is this is only the beginning of these movements in both Phantasialand, and some of the other major European parks.

Exciting times, and what looks like a fairly huge new area and attraction(s) for the park :)

A POV has surfaced, I'll pop it in spoiler tags
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKbu5WroY4A

It looks fantastic, a really solid addition to the park and something that's definitely going to attract me back!

Wow, that is amazing. I love the speed in which it moves; none of the usual crawling about. It looks as good, if not better, than Valhalla.

The theming is simply stunning! Although I do think the inside of the station looks somewhat underwhelming compared to the rest of the ride, particularly the light and the ceiling. I do really like the ride music!

I think Towers can be proud here also, they clearly have set a trend with Sub-Terra's disco eggs which has been carried on with this ride! ;)

Mixed feelings for me.

The ride looks fun and that final drop will be amazing, the outside theming is really top notch and the area looks stunning.

Severely disappointed with the indoor parts though, which basically involved a cheesy disco statue party.... But overall it looks good.

Yeah, the theming is top notch but there aren't exactly any spectacular effects like you have on say Valhalla. As a well themed log flume though I suppose you can't ask for too much more.

Rob said:
Yeah, the theming is top notch but there aren't exactly any spectacular effects like you have on say Valhalla. As a well themed log flume though I suppose you can't ask for too much more.

I haven't watched the POV, but obviously the indoor sections I was hoping for decent dark ride effects and so on. But hey... overall it looks a beautiful ride.

The turntable and ''sliding track'' are amazing. The speed at which they move are fantastic!

The outdoor theming and the final drop are fantastic. I'm a little disappointed with the interior theming as it just seems random but this could be improved in the future I suppose.

Looks like a top ride and I hope the UK (especially Towers to replace the Flume) may get one in the future.

There is nothing wrong with it at all, it's a stunning looking area. It just doesn't do anything "wow" other than the drop.

Not enough to drag me back to the park (as it's not my favourite) but it's a solid installation and wee's over Merlin installations.

Well I'm refraining from watching the entire POV, so I've just glanced at a couple of small segments.

However, I have to say, the ride system clearly doesn't mess around. It'll be interesting to see how it's performing on throughputs, but considering the pace that the boats are flying around at, and how fast those lifts and turntables I'd expect it to be pretty high what is really just a flume ride.

The dark ride sections that I've seen are nice, and they look decent, but they're aren't really blow away amazing. Although, considering the parks track record when it comes to dark rides and animation I can't say I'd be expecting much. At least it's not Colorado's tin sheds. That's a small blessing :p

The same cannot be said for the station however. It looks very lifeless and dull, which is a shame as the concepts looked very nice, and the rest of the exterior queueline I've seen was looking decent. It'd hope they perhaps add to this, unless it looks strikingly different in person.

One thing I have noticed: The waterfalls on the temple don't seem to be working. I'd hope this is just a temporary problem, as I thought it looked quite nice with it flowing down when testing.

All in all from what I've seen, not a bad job. Certainly nothing 'wrong', but there is room for small improvement (Station mainly). It's on par with what I was expecting, and appears to be the solid addition the park has been crying out for. I'll reserve seeing the whole experience until I ride it :)