• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasurewood Hills

It just goes to show then the looping group see this park as a holiday tourist park and won’t invest in new rides as they won’t see a return on there investment.
I can even go there for free for 1 visit with my gold Drayton Manor pass with just having to pay parking.
I not been since 1998 and from vlogs it don’t look like it’s changed much.

Only a court can issue fines and only public officials can issue Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs).

These payment demands are just invoices in disguise...
Though they can be used in civil courts for enforcement action, and many parking firms now do this.
All down to accepting terms and conditions when using any service...

It just goes to show then the looping group see this park as a holiday tourist park and won’t invest in new rides as they won’t see a return on there investment.
I can even go there for free for 1 visit with my gold Drayton Manor pass with just having to pay parking.
I not been since 1998 and from vlogs it don’t look like it’s changed much.
They have invested in doing up some rides yet this has not washed with the GP and in particular its local key market.. the latest car park scam is the final nail for locals too.. the reaction here is massive..it even made national news..

It's been a decade since the last major investment.. since then we have had..

Reduced operating hours

Reduced operating calender

Knackered rides removed and not replaced leaving wide open empty plots

Endless SBNO areas, shops, units and buildings....

The list can go on.. yet I won't...

They have invested in doing up some rides yet this has not washed with the GP and in particular its local key market.. the latest car park scam is the final nail for locals too.. the reaction here is massive..it even made national news..

It's been a decade since the last major investment.. since then we have had..

Reduced operating hours

Reduced operating calender

Knackered rides removed and not replaced leaving wide open empty plots

Endless SBNO areas, shops, units and buildings....

The list can go on.. yet I won't...
Sounds a bit like Blackpool...

I don't know how this park makes any money, the food and drink offering is woeful and that's even before you get to the clapped out rides.

I still don't know why Loopings is holding onto this park when thier attention and investment is elsewhere.

I don't know how this park makes any money, the food and drink offering is woeful and that's even before you get to the clapped out rides.

I still don't know why Loopings is holding onto this park when thier attention and investment is elsewhere.
People now go off site to the McDonald's which is literally at the park gates or they walk to tesco also at the park gates..

Sounds a bit like Blackpool...
It has massive potential , its in a super beautiful spot yet I suspect that's why it's rotting away as we are on the arse end of nowhere here...what would they get back by major investment ?

I think its worth one last shot if they intend too once the drayton 5 year plan is done...

It has massive potential , its in a super beautiful spot yet I suspect that's why it's rotting away as we are on the arse end of nowhere here...what would they get back by major investment ?

I think its worth one last shot if they intend too once the Drayton 5 year plan is done...
Unfortuantly I think it is unlikly will see much more than keeping the park ticking over. I believe they are already starting to work on a new 5 year plan for Drayton for 2026 to 2030

That says it all... I understand drayton has to compete due to its location yet why should their other parks in their portfolio suffer ?

That says it all... I understand drayton has to compete due to its location yet why should their other parks in their portfolio suffer ?
According to this video from last year, Drayton Manor receives 920,000 yearly visitors which has now likely risen to 1 million, whilst Pleasurewood Hills receives only 180,000. Huge difference which explains the different investment levels!

Pleasurewood is Loopings second least visited park, only in front of 'Cobac Parc' with 100,000.

Great Yarmouth Pleasurebeech is their only competitor and they are a better day out now they dropped the half day entry nonsense. Pleasurewood relies heavily on tourism but I'd still expect the odd new ride even if it's second hand. As I've said previously I don't see why Loopings are holding onto the park, they should sell it and use the funds to invest in thier other parks.

According to this video from last year, Drayton Manor receives 920,000 yearly visitors which has now likely risen to 1 million, whilst Pleasurewood Hills receives only 180,000. Huge difference which explains the different investment levels!

Pleasurewood is Loopings second least visited park, only in front of 'Cobac Parc' with 100,000.
Used to get so much more, can't remember it's heyday figure

The park has a limited draw, you can dump money in but it's a pain to get at. Even Norwich is an hour away on crap roads.
Living by the park myself we are literally on the sea edge yet getting two and from Norwich is easy, dual carriage way most the way except acle.

Coming the other way... eugh

Used to get so much more, can't remember it's heyday figure
If I remember correctly it used to be 300,000 ish back in the 90's, early 00's. So still very low really and why never been any major investments. However the fact it now gets practically nothing new, some new flats or second hand rides would help.

If I remember correctly it used to be 300,000 ish back in the 90's, early 00's. So still very low really and why never been any major investments. However the fact it now gets practically nothing new, some new flats or second hand rides would help.
Absolutely, even some hired in stuff for the season.... its really embarrassing yet clearly loopings don't give a hoot. I've my old staff book somewhere...I will have to check gate figure's from the 1990s

Out of interest, is anyone on here local to Pleasurewood Hills and able to give any indication of the current state of affairs on Marble Madness?

I only ask because I'm headed to PWH on 12th August for my first ever visit, and I noticed that Marble Madness is listed as currently being down for "refurbishment" and returning in summer 2024.

Does anyone know whether they're making good progress on this, or how thorough this refurbishment is exactly, so that I can determine whether it'll be open by 12th August?

I won't be too distraught if it is closed when I go, as I don't rate wild mouse coasters and would basically only be riding it for the +1, but I'd obviously like the credit to be open so that I can get it, if possible!

Hi Matt,

I'm here today on a family holiday; I'd be very surprised if Marble Madness was open for your visit. Looks like there's still a lot of work ongoing with it. It is being actively worked on, but I don't think it's in any imminent state of opening.

In regards to the park as a whole, whilst i understand some of the criticisms to a degree, I think it's a nice little park. My kids are loving the rides here, and that's the main thing.

Hi Matt,

I'm here today on a family holiday; I'd be very surprised if Marble Madness was open for your visit. Looks like there's still a lot of work ongoing with it. It is being actively worked on, but I don't think it's in any imminent state of opening.

In regards to the park as a whole, whilst i understand some of the criticisms to a degree, I think it's a nice little park. My kids are loving the rides here, and that's the main thing.
Thanks @PhalanaxOperativeA1127; that’s very useful to know! Is it fully assembled and being painted or something, or is it completely disassembled and being built back up?

I’m going into Pleasurewood Hills with quite low expectations. I’m anticipating something along the lines of Oakwood, but on the East Coast rather than the West Coast.

If nothing else, I’m just interested to go to some new UK parks in a new part of the UK. I’m going to Pleasurewood Hills, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach and Joyland, all of which I’ve never been to before, and I’ve never been to East Anglia before full stop either! (Unless Stansted Airport and Watford count as East Anglia…)

Last edited:
Thanks @PhalanaxOperativeA1127; that’s very useful to know! Is it fully assembled and being painted or something, or is it completely disassembled and being built back up?

I’m going into Pleasurewood Hills with quite low expectations. I’m anticipating something along the lines of Oakwood, but on the East Coast rather than the West Coast.

If nothing else, I’m just interested to go to some new UK parks in a new part of the UK. I’m going to Pleasurewood Hills, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach and Joyland, all of which I’ve never been to before, and I’ve never been to East Anglia before full stop either! (Unless Stansted Airport and Watford count as East Anglia…)

Seemed to be fully assembled as a ride and it looks freshly painted. Looked like they were working on a new station enclosure & roof, as well as a raised queueline but I must admit, I didn't get too close a look at the finer details.

We're doing the same as you; visiting all these parks and the wider area for the 1st time. Off to PB on Wednesday I believe.