• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

How interesting!!

This could be absolutely and completely unrelated, but during our trip in June we saw a lot of filming taking place is various locations with pirate costumed actors. I'm clutching at straws but I wonder if its promo work? Could just be an updates park promo video as I noticed the old one is very out of date!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

BigAl said:
New Parcs also have some photos of the recent water park additions here.

It's fantastic that they have expanded the water park with some more thrilling body slides and more pools because the existing water park was very small and not that special. However, whilst it is generally good I think the theming is a little cheap and sparse when compared to the standard of the park. They could have at least clad that ugly metal frame tower with wood or something.

Overall though this is good development.

Does anybody know how PortAventura's White Nights/Noche Blanca event works? Is it included on the park's day tickets, or is it a separate charge?

From what I can gather on park there's a separate charge, but I'm not 100% certain.

Having been on park the past few days (currently in Salou) construction has started for 2014. A lot of land is being dug up behind China although a bit like Shambalaha (or however you spell it) during construction you can see bugger all from the public paths! From what little I saw there's a lot happening there. At a guess it looks like tonnes of earth is being moved. I saw a handful of trucks leaving the area throughout the day.

I'll write a little more on Portaventura when I'm back in the UK, that's all for now!

I inadvertently captured some of the construction in a picture I took last week (taken from the queueline just before the station). Pretty much the only good view you get is on Shambhala's lift hill though.

pba5.jpg

I'm staying in the hotels at the minute, I think that for the white night you can either buy a normal 1 day ticket and use the park all day, or arrive later at the start of the event and pay the reduced price.

The park seems quieter than a few years ago with the exception of yesterday (Monday) which was extremely busy in comparison. Like most have said, Shambhala is excellent but I feel that the upkeep of the park and hotels overall has declined.

Ollie said:
I'm staying in the hotels at the minute, I think that for the white night you can either buy a normal 1 day ticket and use the park all day, or arrive later at the start of the event and pay the reduced price.

Thanks Ollie. With a bit of digging on their official Facebook page, I've found that is indeed the case :)

Just booked five days in Salou for early next month. Decided to try not staying on resort this time, and do it on the cheap. Heard some real horror stories about some hotels in Salou, so I'm not sure what we should expect! ;)

Where abouts is that then? Looks to be the land just beyond Shambhala's lift hill..

Are we thinking a dark ride of some description?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Sazzle said:
Where abouts is that then? Looks to be the land just beyond Shambhala's lift hill..

Are we thinking a dark ride of some description?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

It was rumoured to be a water coaster...perhaps a dark ride water coaster?

If they need space in the China area they could always demolish Dragon Khan...

... Painful piece of junk!

:)

I was under the impression they intend to construct a whole new area behind China? There's plenty of land there to play with!

I saw a picture on a forum (I can't remember which) which showed that a trench had been dug in the area behind Shambhala. It did appear to look like a Splash Battle which could indicate a new area with various attractions or it is not a Splash Battle and is just foundations for a large attraction in a new area (as per the advertising).

It will be interesting to see what this new attraction is.

There's not enough room behind Shambhala for a new area I don't think - it's just going to be an addition to China. Hopefully not a Splash Battle as that would be rather uninspiring, I do hope it will be a Mack watercoaster as I've seen rumoured.

Here's a decent picture of the trench, by Sonia on PA Community.

j0c0.png

Everything so far seems to be pointing towards a splash battle. Although a water coaster and indoor water ride also seem to be a hot topic so it could just about be anything right now!

I quite like the idea of a splash battle, would be perfect for a park like PA due to the hot environment. Although the ideas of a water coaster or a indoor water ride sound far more appealing.

From those pics, it doesn't look like a dark ride to me. You don't need to landscape inside a building, after all.